Suramar Story Progress bugged?

Hi,

I started levelling a character for the first time in legion - never played through it before - and for some reason I’m seeing no progress on the story campaign.

I’ve gotten pretty far through it (currently on the “First Contact” quest), but my story progress still says “0/11 Chapters”.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or have I missed something leading up to it.

Thanks in advance

Hi Combermere,

I’ve noticed this when I was leveling my last character through legion as well, and it seems like the quest progress overview on the right side of your map (which I believe you’re referring to here) is a little broken at the moment, since I never noticed this back when his content was current. (I feel like we can file this under the neverending section of “things that got broken after the level squish” :sweat_smile:)
The 11 story steps the list is referring to are the side missions in Suramar, not the main questline, so there’s nothing for you to worry about.
Wowhead has a pretty solid overview of all things Suramar, including the main questline, the side quests, as well as the continuation of the main questline in the “Insurrection” chapter.

If you want, you can do the side missions called out on the linked article above, but know those aren’t needed for main progress through the zone’s story (although I highly advise to do them, they’re fun and add a bit more colour to the background story, and are a good excuse to spend even more time in one of the game’s best zones :wink: ).

To check your progress, your most reliable way is through the meta achievements for the storylines you can find in your achievements under “Quests” and “Legion”:

You will see a little green checkmark next to story steps you’ve already completed, so that should be a pretty quick way to check your progress.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Kerrosh,

Thanks so much for your reply. And for taking the time to link the storylines! Turns out I was being a dumbass and the chapter progression didn’t start until I started the Good Sarumaritan chapter.

I ended up hitting level 50 right at the end of the first chapter, but I’ve decided to stay in Suramar to try and finish the story and unlock the Nightborne because I’m enjoying it so much - kind of annoyed I never played through it all when it was actually released!

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.