Survival hunter no changes in next patch?

Necrolord. Discussed why here: Survival hunter no changes in next patch? - #23 by Tabouret-kazzak
I converted Fuyutsuki and he seems pretty pleased with his switch so far!

I am hyped for necrolord,my hunter at lvl 46 and i will choose thread of fates.
Glad to see ppl agree with necrolord, fleshcraft could be awesome and chakram not so bad against other covenant

1 Like

Correction, I was already leaning into it, you just gave me the final push I needed. :stuck_out_tongue:
But yes, I am quite happy with the change.

Fleshcraft, and also quite importantly, Ooz’s Frictionless Coating from Plague Deviser Marileth, give us that extra survivability that I felt we needed. As for Charkram, it doesn’t deal as much dmg as Wild Spirits in PvE, but at least it is good in PvP, better than I expected in fact. I think Chakrams is a good compromise for people who do both PvE and PvP, it’s useful in both. Could it be better? Yes it could, but is it bad? No.

1 Like

I should post with my hunter instead of Spriest tbh :slight_smile:

My only issue with is it how it gets negated when a monk has 3 clones + xuen, situations like that. Wish it ignored non-players in PvP.

Problem with necro in pvp , if u freeze someone , your chakram can just unfreeze and u lost a control, flayed shot with new buff I think will be better for dmg , but survivability is less than necro

Yeah, that sucks, I think that could be a good change, but there is another tweak I would prefer that imo would finally put it in a spot where people would take it seriously. Something very simple to help with AoE, because as far as single target goes it is fine as is.

So my tweak suggestion is as follows:
For each new enemy hit beyond the first, Death Chakram deals +X% damage to the next target.

What it would do would be, in single target Chakram would remain exactly the same as is now, but in AoE situations it would scale with the amount of enemies from 2 up to 7.
Example, like the Monk thing you mentioned, you throw Chakram at the Monk, then it bounces to the 1st clone, 2nd clone and then Xuen, when the Chakram goes hit the Monk again it will be doing the damage it currently does + 3 x X% extra damage because it hit 3 extra different enemies.

I think something like that would be enough. What do you think?

I don’t think that’s the case, from my duels with Tabouret when he froze my pet and use Chakram on me my pet continued frozen, seems like Chakram ignores the frozen enemy.

Would be nice for PvE, wouldn’t change anything in PvP.
At the end of the day, no matter how much more damage you deal to clones & xuen, it’s still completely pointless to hit them in the first place instead of your desired target.

True, true, but what I meant is it would still deal more damage in the Monk once he was hit again, but I know it is nowhere near as good as what you suggested.

Are we turning SV into a cult? I want in.

One of us

One of us

1 Like

I even changed sword to match, I fully embraced the Necro (un)life.

Well ya never know we still got time but i wouldn’t expect anything outside of 5% buff or nerf.

Tried all 4 covenants on my sv hunter and Necro just feels nicest to use. Albeit it sims weaker then vent and kyrian, it is allot more enjoyable to use.

Atm we need 3 things to bring sv up to speed. (pve)

• Raptor strike buff

• Some incentive to keep ss up on target

• A massive buff to mastery to place it in line with other stats.

I like that you specified PvE, I think most of us when discussing our experience with SV forget to specify if we have our view due to the PvP or PvE experience. From my discussions here on the forums I think some of the disagreements people tend to have are because of that, like the Covenant choice. It seems to be common for most PvP players to agree on Necro being the choice that feels better, while most PvE players don’t agree, for example. Amongst other stuff.

As for your suggestions themselves, I agree on the first 2, not so much on the last one. Altho I would welcome a mastery buff I’d personally prefer some rework into something more interesting. I mean, sure it’s nice to have extra dmg on our spenders, but out of our 3 main abilities 2 of them do not benefit from the passive mastery and I think the biggest issue lies there, on how “little” it interacts with our kit.

1 Like

Agreed, but I don’t think mastery rework is possible a this stage of the xpac.

My suggestions are what could be done right now.

Fair enough, forgot that big little detail…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.