SW stockade bots like ANTS

I don’t understand how blizzard don’t care about this bot situation at all. Even a blind can see that how many bots going in and out to stockade, it wouldn’t take a miracle to solve this… Only a single GM half hour/day on every single ralms. Just use /who stockade, and check every single 32-35 lvl mages inside. THey using flyhacks anyways so dont need to analyze the situation just instant BAN. Would this solve the whole bot situation? not completely, but at least the part that is completely obvious in public.
This is all ridiculous…

7 Likes

You presume in that 30 minutes per day after banning they won’t come back. But they will, often within several minutes. If these get banned too, the botters analyze the patterns on the why and code new bots.

It’s entire criminal enterprises.

The botting problem is prevalant in all games/MMO’s, not just WoW. If there was a solution there would be one by now.

You may suggest any methods you may think of through the ingame feedback box but it is not likely that it will be groundbreaking new suggestion.

Source.

Some, probably a small percentage of those mages may actually be normal players.

I would go by how many hours per day they are on. After so many hours (I mean a lot of hours) of doing the same thing many, many times, Blizzard should automatically flag them to be looked at.

Same for staying logged in for days at a time.

There should be some check that Bots cannot do that pops up occasionally. Once they do find a way you change it. I can’t see Blizzard actually doing that though.

Thank you for this post, $5 Dollars have been deposited to your battlenet account.

1 Like

Actually it is 4.99€ with VAT :frowning:

Well there is a solution, but no company is willing to do the more “extreme” steps.

1. hard reading spy-software with unlimited access to the inner core applications of the user
  2. account creation pre-check of user identity (just like with prepaid cards for smartphones…video call authentification with passport next to your face)
  3. Bann of real IDs and not just single WoW Accs → bann of the identity of someone for all his Blizzard accounts

And if you ask me → all game developing companies should work together and create a single “Gaming World Account” for every user. That means:
Steam, Epic, Battle.net, Riot, Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, Rockstar Games, etc. all together connected through one “Gaming World Account” and every natural person is only granted one of those “Gaming World Accounts” in his/her life.

If you get banned for cheating or hacking in one (online) game you loose access to all games of all the companies that are listed under this “Gaming World Account”.

And yes, people with data collecting concerns then maybe have to get a second PC system for their home banking and homeoffice workplace or other data they want to keep safe.

There is no “we can’t win this war”. There is just a “we can’t win this war without doing XY which probably leads to a loss of players because the games become less accessible.”

2-3 is akin to the Korean/Chinese therefore Asian gaming market, but would require national and perhaps an international law cooperation for ID requirements to compare against a single Gaming ID. It may infringe upon GDPR as well to have such a thing proposed.

Just for comparison, in certain countries you can digitally gamble and register to a no-gamble registrar. However this is in practice bypassed due gambling sites using different privacy policies, not wanting to or slow enforcement of the registrar and the person giving a false identity.

1 Depends on certain games like Valorant, having even greater enhanced anti-cheating engines against aimbotting - but it still occurs sometimes.

I am not really into Valorant (never played it) but i doubt that this anti-cheating software has unlimited access to the users CPU and all processes on the computer.

Sure it has to be build up step by step…but stuff works for prepaid cards so it can work for other digital accounts.

I am not saying it’s a quick solution but there definitely is a way. But when was the last time the gaming companies of the world proposed such a “Gaming ID” to e.g. the european parliament?
I haven’t heard of such a proposal.

But then reading stuff like in the bluepost “we can’t win this war” is straight up wrong and just leads to the illusion that it’s in no capacity the gaming companies fault…even tho they could indeed propose steps to secure the digital environment of european customers with a “Gaming ID”…they just don’t want to.

So the honest statement would have been:
“We are not willing to do further steps then those we already did and therefore we decided by our own actions that we cannot win this war. But we thought it’s a great idea to monetize that market so here we have a WoW-Token for you.”

The European Commission drafts a law which is brought forth towards the EP, though they could ask the EC for a draft as well.

The other areas it could draft from are:

The European Council (Heads of states), The Council of the European Union (Government ministers of member states) and citizens themselves which you can do so through this below method:

https://citizens-initiative.europa.eu/_en

I may add you need 1 million signatures for a proposal.

Since there are many unique challenges to (inter)national problems, such as housing, farming and climate, defense of NATO with 2% budgettary measures, an unified gaming ID proposal is seemingly very low if even on the radar whatsoever as this is not even a national problem for their respective member states but just a general consumer idea.

If you’re truly interested in doing this, there are various ways such as approaching an EP member of the party that would like to enact such a thing (inter)nationally, participating at political forums such as meetings, seminairs, etc. But this is not the right forum as Blizzard is a gaming forum and not a political forum to enact any such change.

It’s simple; The company profits from all these bots. Developers and publishers only care about numbers and “player engagement/playtime” and these botters do them a huge favor boosting the subscription count and playtime by staying logged in 24/7.
On the other side of the bots there are people buying gold, People who buy gold play more, Raid more, Level more characters and subscribe for more months. Some of them subscribe on more than one account to juggle their bought gold.

It’s a win the dev team not to ban the botters as they spawn. It makes them look better when they’re in a meeting with the shareholders and executives every couple of months.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have a problem with the system you described, the data and the real ID should not be shared, as this has already been tried and it did not go well.

Well ty for explaining the process of drafts but I think if the companies of this “industry” really wanted a thing such as the Gaming ID then it would not be up to the normal consumer to start a petition about it.
If at all it would be up to executives (those that are legal citizens of the EU) of the companies to start such a petition and then the companies could use the started petition to search for people to subscribe to those on their own company-websites, where they would actually reach the playerbase for which this petition is intended to increase the quality in the games.

The fact that this does not happen - not even surveys about it - is a big indicator that there is no demand for such an action from the companies perspective.

If it would financially hurt the companies they had an interest in it. But they seem to have no interest in it (as seen by their non-action) so the conclusion is close at hands that it either does not financially hurt the companies, OR, even more, that the companies due in fact profit from it while telling lies to the players.

Even more I strongly believe if a player initiative would come around to formally support Blizzards (and other gaming companies) stated approach to try to get rid of hacking/botting/goldselling etc. by starting such an EU-citizen petition for a universal Gaming ID…Blizzard would shut it down in the forums due to:

which would just underline the farce.
Maybe it would be a good idea to just do it to show Blizzards reaction…then we would see their cards laying open on the table.

It would not get shut down for such a reason, but rather for the reason that petition posts are not allowed on the forum. As that would just result in +1’s or -1’s, leading to not constructive threads.

You can always start a petition elsewhere though to see if you can garner player (consumer) interest or a politician that works at the EP.

You meant they would lobby it in backrooms. It is already described how the 1m signatures work in the prescribed link - your own narrative of how it should work doesn’t apply at the European mechanics to propose a draft law. If you need further advice you can ask at the ECI forum for legal and practical advice.

they dont care, 1 ingame gm would solve most of the issue but they will keep teling you it wont and bans need to come in waves for some reason. Yeah bots will always exist, thats true, but having flyhacking bots in Stormwind is beyond pathetic.

Yes but they can just detect flyhacks. They have more then enough techologies to do so. I know some legit mages been banned for doing stockades. It just means that blizz absolutely unable to detect flyhacks (??) and their anti-botting algorithms bazed on other factors, but for now FLYHACK is main problem that should be detected. Yes maybe in future bot devs will make profiles without hacks but for now it is super easy to detect. Just check coordinates and auto ban or disconnect. Or, if it is too hard for blizz, check how much mobs pulled at the moment and bann if pulled 80+ mobs in 1 pull (it is impossible to do it legit in stockade).

even private servers made in some russian basement had fly/speed hacking anticheats lmao

1 Like

So just another rule set up by Blizzard itself. No effective difference here.
It doesn’t matter which self-made rule they would use to shut it down…it stays the fact that they are entitled to make exceptions of those rules or to enforce their self-made rules.

Also:

Frowned upon =|= forbidden / not allowed

While the one thing might get subject to deletion (which is again up to Blizzard to actively decide) the other is pre-stated to face consequences.

Everywhere…just not where the affected players actually are. I see. :slight_smile:

Nah i meant an official executive of a company (and as stated on the EU site 6 other people of different nationalities of the EU) would start a petition on the official way described on the EU website and this petition would be advertised by the companies on the company websites to reach the people for which this petition is to be done in the first place.
Nothing in backrooms.

There is a solution though which I’ve mentioned before. ENFORCE the 2FA/Authenticator to all accounts and this problem goes away almost immediately.
I really don’t understand why Blizzard don’t do this?

solutions to problems require time and money which blizz is not willing to spend on older versions of wow, therefore the bot problem will never be fixed.
an allegory i would use is the usa vs the drug cartels, but in our case the usa is bankrupt and incomptetent

No, they can’t. If they could then a lot more bots would be banned.

You can’t even agree with yourself in the post.