Switching Flight Styles is terrible

Used to be able to click a button for my dragon to dragon ride, and my normal mount to fly normally.
Now I have to do a five second spell to change? This is a terrible QOL change. At least let us set each mount up to be a preferred style…

113 Likes

Yea, I used both for different purposes. Now it’s just annoying as hell.

35 Likes

As a druid I fully agree that this change is horrible!. I used druid flight form for reasons and dragonflying mounts for reasons. They should let us keep the options if we want normal flying or dragonflying without having to change all the time.

31 Likes

i rolled a new toon and skyriding is the default and the button to switch doesnt work. i dont much care for dragon riding other than to speed up long journeys for normal moving about i would like to just fly about and hover but cant now

2 Likes

1st world problem!

2 Likes

There’s already multiple threads of feedback about this from Beta and PTR and the dislike of this 5 sec switch system.

I really hoped they would listen to that feeback and change it, but sadly not. It ruins the whole flying experiance for me, there’s just no logic behind this mechanic.

16 Likes

Throwing my 2 cents into this thread as well. This spell is clunky and pointless? We already have a cast time for mounting. 5 second cast time is over the top.

21 Likes

Same here. The previous system was fine. This slows everything.

13 Likes

6.5 seconds if you think about it. You have to cast that switch spell for 5 secs, then your mount (as it dismounts you) which is another 1.5 sec.

6 Likes

As the old adage says ‘If it’s not broken, don’t fix it’.

I have no idea how they came up with such a useless idea and poorly thought out mechanic. Maybe it was the office junior or the janitor!

If you’re going to make it switchable, make it switchable per mount, not across all mounts as that makes no sense whatsoever.

My wife struggles with Skyriding as it is and likes to switch to her Steady flying mount to potter around on. I’m sure there are many others that are the same.

Poorly thought out and badly executed Blizzard - hard to believe we pay for this level of incompetence at times.

19 Likes

I raised this in Beta -0 nothing changed.

10 Likes

A truly horrible idea yeah, it was nonsensical and awful the first time I heard about it, and it’s even worse now that I’m seeing it in person.

I desperately want all the people who always do this kind of thing to be fired. The ones obsessively overcompensating for any possible scenario and interaction that someone would consider an exploit, and then the whole game is made worse to prevent that one specific scenario.

14 Likes

Yep, adding my disapproval here of the cast time. The toggle should dismount us, that’s it. Then, there’s the usual remount cast time as friction.

8 Likes

I totally agree with you.

When they announced the change for 1st time I thought it would be per mount. That not being the case is awful. I was planing some mounts to use Steady flight and another Sky riding. All mounts using the same flight is just bad design.

Was an intern who thought it will be good like this?

12 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree. And what frustrates me the most is that I absolutely cannot see what it is they aim to achieve with this. Nerfing tanks to make healers more relevant, for example, is an aim that I can understand, independent of me agreeing or not.

But the 5 second toggle? I got nothing about what that is supposed to accomplish.

8 Likes

I agree with you. This change is horrible, unnecessary and very frustrating. If Blizzard’s goal was to annoy players, then they succeeded 100 percent.

15 Likes

What is annoying for me is that you need to switch to static flying to use the swimming buff on swimming mounts.

16 Likes

It was better when we could have a regular flying mount AND a dragon ready to go at all times.

Forcing us to wait the casting time to switch mode is silly.
It’s an extra click: that should be more than enough.

16 Likes

just saw this in action. makes no sense. 5 second cast is pointless.

10 Likes

1 sec would have annoying been enough.

5 Likes