Swords or daggers

Rogue question here. I wanna know whats best: combat swords or going with daggers? If we assume equal gear, which is best?

I’m running sword mh dagger oh. I’m not sure if that’s optimal but that’s what I remember being the main thing to apply your poisons with dagger while having sword for heavier strikes.

While leveling I’d go with sword, but at 60 I really don’t know.

edit I’d keep a dagger in my backpack in any case if I wish to use it for PvP.

For leveling, Combat spec with dual swords. Why?
-Swords are easily found while leveling as quest/dungeon rewards. Thrash Blade is an easy to get Pre-Raid BiS. (Not Dal’rend’s, due to some strange changes in how often Thrash Blade procs)
-Nice and easy rotation (spam SS+Evis when ready).
-Blade Flurry is almost a must in solo PvE.
-With minimal respeccing it’s also one of the best endgame raiding specs.

Why use daggers (Assasination)? PVP basically. And it’s not fun PVE-ing with for me. Gouging, getting behind enemies, waiting for energy, backstabbing, repeat. It’s slower, can’t seem to deal with multiple mobs as well as combat spec.
Dagger Rogues don’t show up in endgame raiding before BWL, where a backstab rogue can work pretty well on Vael.

For leveling swords is the way to go. For endgame both sword and dagger spec are good. It’s much easier to get good daggers though.

In the endgame, it depends on what’s the best weapons you have access to. If you get a pair of great daggers, you should use them.

Spec?

10 char

For humans the sword will be most optimal due to racials. However, I can see that you are playing orc so that does not go for you. I believe that you are able to choose at end game (seeing as you are close to level 60). Here is a link to the rogue (“official”) discord:

https://discord.gg/cWA67v

Now the issue I see with daggers is thay the best prebis dagger for offhand is a world drop which makes it a lot harder to obtain. At least for the others you are able to farm the dungeons on repeat.
MH: Felstriker
OH: Alchor’s Sunrazer

The good news is that it’s a BoE so you might be able to buy it from AH but you already have to get the devilsaur set so that is quite annoying tickle in the wallet.

Thanks for your awnsers, guys!

Slow sword main hand
Anything useable in offhand

Daggers is more fun for me but swords is the fastest for leveling and best dps for a fresh 60

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.