Sylvanas and a force greater than the Void

They have Xalatath, and they had also rescued Ashvane from Tol Dagor, so it makers perfect sense for her to tell them. I dont think Sylvannas went easy on Ashvane if she wanted to extract information.

1 Like

It has everything to do with what we are talking about because the story of Arthas/Lich King is strongly tied to who Sylvanas is at the moment.

Taken from the book “Word of the Conclave” in the Priest Order Hall, “Xal’atath Blade of the Black Empire, Part One”.
“Xal’atath pulses with the foul essence of the Old Gods. It is even said that the blade can grant its owner visions of the Black Empire, but all who have looked upon such horrors have lost themselves to madness.”

I will add to that the cinematic of N’Zoth’s gift during Xal’atath questline.
Xal’atath: “Honor our bargain… free me to find my own fate!”
N’Zoth: “Go… but the blade must remain… to serve my will.”

I won’t even explain why, it should be easy to comprehend, but this is to completely invalidate your argument that the ancient blade of Xal’atath is useless.
All you do is be a contrarian for no reason. You don’t use any actual information from ingame, books, comics or other information sources related to WoW lore to back your arguments up.
You also bring nothing constructive to the conversation. One more uninteresting comment and I’m putting you on ignore.

“Xal’atath pulses with the foul essence of the Old Gods. It is even said that the blade can grant its owner visions of the Black Empire, but all who have looked upon such horrors have lost themselves to madness.”

Aside from the fact that Nazjatar isn’t in the Black Empire, it says it can grant visions of the Black Empire, not that it will 100% grant them.

I won’t even explain why, it should be easy to comprehend, but this is to completely invalidate your argument that the ancient blade of Xal’atath is useless.

Its only use so far was wrecking the ships of both Alliance and Horde.

All you do is be a contrarian for no reason. You don’t use any actual information from ingame, books, comics or other information sources related to WoW lore to back your arguments up.

Because I am not the one who claims that the Void is scared of her, so it is not I who must provide a source.

You dont’ want me to be a contrarian for no reason (“for no reason”, right), you want me to blindly agree with your flimsy speculation, I see.

You also bring nothing constructive to the conversation. One more uninteresting comment and I’m putting you on ignore.

An uninteresting comment for an uninteresting thread that has been beaten to death and debunked a thousand times already (my comments are not uninteresting though). There isn’t an ignore function by the way, in case you hadn’t noticed.

Based on further research I’ve come to deep understanding of what is going on in the story and where it is heading towards. To understand everything, we first need to take a look at the grand scheme, more precisely at the Cosmic Forces diagram presented in the Chronicle Volume 1:

wowwiki.fandom. com/wiki/Cosmic_forces

Light/Holy/The Naaru - Shadow(Void)/The Void Lords/Old Gods
Order/Arcane/The Titans - Disorder/Fel/The Burning Legion
Life/Nature/Wild Gods - Death/Necromantic/Undead

All of them having a polar opposite in pairs of two.

Based on N’Zoth’s whispers during the Crucible of Storms raid, “Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others.”, “The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.” and “I alone can save you from what is to come.”, might point to the fact that it’s Death’s turn yet again to try shifting the balance and rule over the other five.
Throughout the expansions we notice how all the Six forces try to have us Mortals influenced, corrupted or killed because we are in the center of them all and can be used as means to either maintain the balance or destroy it.

To understand more about Death, we have to go at the point in time when Odyn looked into the Shadowlands realm and when the first Val’kyr were created. Taken from “The Legend of Odyn” stone monument in Skyhold:

“I saw the answer”, wise Odyn said. “For in life, there exists death, and in death, there can be life. But there are only beings of life and beings of death. My messengers must span both realms.”

And so great Odyn conceived the Val’kyr, beings between life and death who would ferry the vrykul to the Halls of Valor. “They will be formed from the vrykul”, Odyn proclaimed, “and their bravery shall preserve their brethren as Valarjar for all time. Like life, they shall be powerful. Like death, they shall be eternal.”

It is worth mentioning that Sylvanas still has an agreement with Helya, the first Vry’kul.
Next let’s take another look at Vol’jin’s questline and notice how both Bwonsamdi and the Lich King acknowledge that Sylvanas’ actions ruin the Balance(of Cosmic Forces).

Bwonsamdi: Why would me want da Banshee Queen in charge? Nononono. Sure, I be all for war and death, but dat Sylvanas… she be tippin’ da scales too far.
Bwonsamdi: Balance be important! Besides, dat one got a nasty habit of keepin’ what she kills. No, ya warchief be no friend to ol’ Bwonsamdi.

Lich King: The Banshee Queen’s schemes threaten the balance. I had no hand in them.

At the end of Crucible of Storms the Horde player can pick up Xal’atath.

<The blade that was known as Xal’atath rests on the ground before you. Though the consciousness that resided within the dagger is gone, it still resonates with power.
Almost as if the weapon speaks with another voice. Another purpose…
You feel a compulsion to bring this artifact to the Warchief.>

When you pick up the quest, you also get another whisper from N’Zoth.
N’Zoth whispers: The fall of night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin.

This isn’t the only massive foreshadowing as we know Vol’jin is on his own quest in Shadowlands.

Bwonsamdi: Hmph. Well, da Lich King and dat bossy val’kyr not be me only rivals. But dey were da ones most likely ta be behind all dis. Someone be playin’ with very ancient mojo. Tell Vol’jin’s spirit dat da answers he be lookin’ for not be found in da world of da living. He gonna need to go beyond da veil ta learn what needs knowin’. Dere be some places on dat side only he can go.

Vol’jin: So, to da Other Side den. Where I be goin’ da livin’ not be followin’. If it be in me power, I gonna send word of what I find.

Vol’jin: For now, I gonna keep searchin’ for answers. If dere be new enemies gatherin’ in da shadows, den I best be huntin’ dem… before dey hunt us.

In conclusion, I think it’s pretty obvious where the story is heading. The forces of Death are making their moves and Sylvanas is their instrument. The voice who whispered Vol’jin to make Sylvanas Warchief came from the Shadowlands, most likely from a Death entity. The forces of Void are also making their moves early through the Old Gods in an attempt to stop the Death’s influence.
But that is not all, because Vol’jin was brought back to the realm of the living by another force, most likely of the Order, possibly Odyn, because Eyir says that Vol’jin is no longer a mere spirit and that he was touched by the hand of Valor which is also said by the Lich King.
The next expansion might be focused on the Void and the expansion after that on the Death. At least that’s how I see things playing out.

1 Like

I mean, pretty much everyone already figured out that the next expansion is either Void-themed or Death-themed. You’re late.

Ignoring all the points I made to prove my point and as a result to prove you wrong. You either lack reading or comprehension skills.

The information ingame, Chronicle and from other sources doesn’t lie. I would like to point out that you aren’t arguing against me, but against facts in the story.

But hey, it’s not like you once mentioned anything really relevant to the topic in this thread or had the intention to join in the conversation in a constructive and respectful way.

If you think my thread is uninteresting then why are you reading what I write? Oh yeah, that’s called trolling.

But it’s fine, I changed my mind. Instead of ignoring what you read, I welcome you to keep posting your trash, reading crapposts is a form of entertainment aswell. And when the things I said would happen ingame, I can simply come here to remind you who the dummy is.

Keep at it.

3 Likes

If anything it’s you who hasn’t given any convincing evidence at all, but I’m glad that you finally realized there is no ignore function, it took you long enough. It’s not that I didn’t aknowledge your facts though, it’s that your facts don’t imply anything even remotely close to your interpretations, as I brilliantly explained a long while ago. Curiously, right before you started throwing obscene insults directed at my persona.

It’s not that I ignored your points, it’s that they aren’t anything special since people have known what the next expansion will be about since before 8.2 was even announced.

Ingame information or events that prove you have no idea what you’re talking about:

Taken from the book “Word of the Conclave” in the Priest Order Hall, “Xal’atath Blade of the Black Empire, Part One”.

From the cinematic of N’Zoth’s gift during Xal’atath questline.
Xal’atath: “Honor our bargain… free me to find my own fate!”
N’Zoth: “Go… but the blade must remain… to serve my will.”

At the end of Crucible of Storms the Horde player can pick up Xal’atath.
<The blade that was known as Xal’atath rests on the ground before you. Though the consciousness that resided within the dagger is gone, it still resonates with power.
Almost as if the weapon speaks with another voice. Another purpose…
You feel a compulsion to bring this artifact to the Warchief.>

This alone proves not only you know little about the lore, but you don’t even understand it. And then you come and post your nonsense. But hey, I love exposing smartbutts like you.

The difference between me and you is that I use the characters and events in the game to back up my claims, while you only use your own biased interpretation that is not aligned with what happens in the actual story.

I just love playing with you. :heart_eyes: You’re the best person I could possibly imagine to have the greatest conversations with. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And please don’t think I dislike you or anything. I actually love talking to you, you bring quite a smile on my face, just like when I see a baby trying to walk but trips and falls on its face, it’s funny you know :laughing:

Your statements prove nothing. A dagger that might show visions of the Black Empire, serve N’Zoth’s will, and whisper you, does not make it useful to the Horde, if anything it makes it detrimental to the Horde, as whispering artifacts have never been good. It is you who have no idea what you’re talking about if you think that a talking dagger is useful for anything except going insane. Also, that first quote was from when Xal’athath was still in the dagger, so it’s unknown if it can still grant visions of the Black Empire now that it’s gone.

So to sum up, this dagger can serve N’Zoth’s will and still speaks to you, but only in another voice. A very useful weapon, truly. It reminds me of Frostmourne, another useful weapon that totally didn’t ruin an entire kingdom.

The difference between me and you is that I know how to read those statements that you copy-pasted and don’t twist them into suiting my false interpretation.

Though, I must say, I rather enjoy how in your OP you were unsure of everything, just posting a few quotes and just resuming them, then ending it with “any speculations are welcome”, then you suddenly start acting like you’ve figured out what is 100% going to happen in the next expansion. Is some bit of consistency too much to ask for you? Is Xal’athath whispering to you or something?

That being said, I’m done with this thread since I’ve already destroyed each flimsy bit of “evidence” (i.e. crazy cryptic whispers from tricksters) that was presented here.

Does it really take that much brainpower to comprehend that because the blade is bound to N’Zoth’s will and still resonates with power, it can also be used against N’Zoth, especially given the fact that Sylvanas’ endgame is planned also around the information given by or seen through the blade, and that Nathanos used it as compass to find and lure the Alliance to Nazjatar, according to Sylvanas’ instructions.

I also told you what the first Lich King’s perspective and plan were and who he considered enemy. Sylvanas’ nature, abilities and actions are extremely similar to that of the Lich King. That’s why people call her Lich Queen. But hey, that might also be too hard for you to take in.

Idk man, according to some very interesting information that found its way on reddit, you’re about to get embarrassed, more that you already have, hopefully this Blizzcon if the next expansion gets revealed.

But wait, why are you done with posting here? You’re one of the top posters in my thread, so obviously you find it interesting. And since you replied to me so much, you also find me an interesting person.
Tbh I share the same sentiment, I also find you interesting to talk to. Please don’t leave me… :sob:

Get a room you two.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this since the alleged “Shadowlands” 4Chan-Leak. If it’s legit, the Vol’jin story would fit quite well into it. Helya would have been the entity who spoke to him in his last moments, to make sure Sylvanas would become the next warchief.
Sylvanas then could honor the deal, start a war with the alliance, slay many enemies and send their souls to Helya in the Shadowlands, tipping the scales in her favor.
Maybe Odyn (the “noble force that does not scheme for mortal thrones”), who once gave his eye to be able to look into the Shadowlands, saw what Helya was doing, reached into it with his “hand of valor” and brought Vol’jin back.
That would at least explain the admiration in Eyir’s words and also why “this is all the knowledge she was willing to share”, clearly indicating that she knows more than she tells us.

1 Like

Everything is pretty simple - somewhere in WoW, devs had said that undead is immune to Void mind control and influence. So Sylvana and her forces is pretty much the ONLY force on Azeroth completely free from Old Gods influence. Make sense for OG to fear her, cause she can directly oppose their plans.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.