Sylvanas book

I’m dead serious. Gnomes - and Mechagnomes - are the best, and most interesting race WoW has to offer. I may look like a Kul Tiran in a Zandalari bodysuit at the moment, but deep down, I’m a Mechagnome cursed with this strange existence outside of my normal body. (WTB Gnome druids & pallies, along with cross-faction play, thankyouverymuch)

i could see gnome paladins but idk about druids that seems a little bit out there…

We have Gnome Priests and Gnome Monks. Gnome Druids ain’t that far fetched after that. Perhaps a book would be a great way to explain the lore behind them… I’d even volunteer to write it!

theyve done this before actually they wrote a good short novel on draenei shaman called " unbroken "

which reminds me how much i want broken draenei as a race

2 Likes

MY KWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!
:skull: :crown: :skull:

Now what raid boss worth their weight in salt is going to be terrified of having to face the might of the Guardian hamster, the feral skink, the healer daisy and the balance sparrow?

Mind you, I could just see a flight form gnome druid. A canary.

Any raid boss with an IQ above 10. You don’t mess with a gnome. It never ends well, and they know: gnome druids wouldn’t be the first gnomes they see anyway. One being able to shapeshift… now that’s scary allright.

1 Like

Behold the absolute power of Gizmatix, Rage master…Prepare for oblivion!

Well, yeah, fair enough, but we know she still had Farstriders at her command, her second in command was Ranger Lord Lor’themar Theron, Ranger Lord Renthar Hawkspear was still around, as well as (At that time) Ranger Captain Halduron Brightwing. We see plenty of adult Farstriders knocking around in the starting zones, who almost certainly would have been alive at that time, any Adult Blood Elf would have been. Sure, 90% of the Elves as an entity died, but the thing is, that hadn’t happened -yet- because Sylvanas actually died fairly early on in the conflict, before Arthas reached Silvermoon and the real horror started…

I just think it is cheesy in that cinematic, as if she was the only soldier Quel’thalas had left.

I think you kind of do, because before then you don’t have the authority to order one. Before she became Warchief she a) didn’t have the authority to order around the whole Horde, and b) Kalimdor was not that much of a priority to her, It seems to be only when she took that cursed throne in Grommash Hold that she started to care, however at that point, as we all know, the Legion was knocking at the door. Now this is just my opinion, but I don’t think she had planned the Occupation of Darnassus (Because her original plan was not genocide, you even see this at the start of Warbringers) way in advance, I think it was after the Legion were defeated. Before then, everyone had way too much to worry about.

I hate Nathanos with a passion, but he is a Unique Forsaken, so may indeed have been uber powerful. No other Forsaken was created the way he was, or rather, originally he was the same as any other Forsaken, just really good at what he does, then in that damned story Dark Mirror, where they managed to destroy any credibility Sylvanas had left, as well as Nathanos being interesting, The Val’kyr zapped him out of his actual body, and into the body of his nephew, Stephan. This is why he’s not -actually- a Dark Ranger, because that isn’t how they work. He is unique, we have no frame of reference as to his power level, because there is no one else like him.
Ugh, I may need a shower now, I feel dirty for trying to defend Nathanos…

Is she though?
That was never an aspect of her character that has been explored. She has two very capable Generals in Shandris and Jarod who by accounts -are- very skilled in such a way, but Tyrande has always been depicted as very headstrong, impulsive and not a strategist at all. She has many qualities, but being a capable strategist is not one of them, she’s never been depicted that way.

Now you know how Horde fans feel about Jaina…

Jokes aside, she hasn’t had 13,000 years of experience in battle. She might have been alive that long, but during that time she did not spend it in battle, heck, even in the War of Shifting Sands she sent Jarod to deal with it. Longevity does not equal experience in battle, especially if there aren’t any battles during that time. Look at heads of state in our real world, they are generally old people, but they generally will have had zero combat experience (Alright, fair enough, Queenie drove Ammo trucks during the war), because they are -leaders-, not Generals.

The Orcs arrival in Kalimdor is the first time Tyrande really had to fight, so her combat experience would have been pretty slim.

However…

This actually does seem to be the case, it is heavily implied in the Ardenweald Covenant Campaign, that the Night Warrior will keep exponentially getting more and more powerful, until that power overwhelms them. The two dead Fyzandi that insecure homophobes complain about actually tell you this as the player, how as they grow more powerful, that power itself will eventually prove lethal. So yeah, it kind of is believable that Tyrande is far more powerful than before she was the Night Warrior, and only growing -more- powerful as time goes on.

Plus like, y’know, the Champion of Azeroth plus friends had softened Nathanos up for her :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. Absolutely this. They were both more interesting characters than Sylvanas and Jaina. They both underwent character changes that you saw in game, oddly in different directions.

Gee…I wonder why that is?

I loved ‘Cut Short’ , gives you a real insight into the guy’s thought processes, how he is an absolute unit who can predict his opponent’s moves in a sort of Sherlock kind of way, in combat he is like those Chess Grand Masters who can predict their opponent’s move many turns in advance. That was during ‘Cut Short’ and now he is also the Gnomish Tony Stark! And, now that the Mechagnomes under Prince Erazmin swore fealty, not just High Tinkerer, but actually the -King- of the Gnomes.

The guy is an utter boss…

I don’t know, the ‘Balance Sparrow’ actually sounds pretty scary, like a tiny bird that turns up, twitching it’s head from one side to another, except it’s not just doing bird things, it is assessing your worth, where you fit into the Balance of things, Then does some kind of Thanos thing and annihilates you from existence :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I mean, I suppose. Considering Tyrande herself has been the general of the sentinels for a long time I would assume she has some skill regarding strategy. Imo she is (or should be) at least more competent than they make her out to be in WoW.

I didn’t specifically remember them saying the night warrior becoming stronger, just more unstable but I probably forgot, it does make sense :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not very good at this quote sectioning like you so I just replied in bulk :stuck_out_tongue:

Puts hand on Gizmatix’s head

Yeah yeah yeah…

Now, what was everyone else without a squeaky voice saying?

Brace yourself for the reckless abandon of a Gnome Warrior’s Rampage…Your kneecaps are doooomed, Orc!
/Charge

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.