Sylvanas is actually pathetic

Yeah that’s what I meant too actually. Were he to react to that kind of thing, he should have had reacted way sooner

1 Like

Its the premise of how Darek was meant to be used that was underlined rather then the fact he was Jaina’s brother.

I don’t see how that’s a big whoop all the sudden, considering Sylvanas past resume, that Baine was undoubtedly familiar with.

Btw, wasn’t that toon a human rogue before?.

1 Like

Exactly that’s what the issue is here - Its not in regards to Sylvanas personally, but that Horde has gone down that route of smearing some dirt on their names. And that was what Baine dodged.

And for that Baine gets my sympathy, because Horde used to have some values that they would not step over.

And yes same poster.

Of course it has to do with him being Jaina’s brother : war being war surely hundreds of way crueler situations had probably happened up until this point. One could even say that this was actually a decently moral tactic considering it would have personally hurt only one or two individuals among an army of thousands and thousands of people. And for f’s sake when you have the opportunity to take down one of your ennemies’ most prominent leaders you just go for it

1 Like

See, what angers Horde players is that why isn’t there MORE of it in general, and why wasn’t it SOONER?

This is what I don’t get about certain Alliance players wanting this legendary vaunted attention the Horde apparently keeps getting. Do they really want it, or are they just simply lashing out? What Sholan pointed out is that the relevance and more amicable side of the Horde that Baine display was, as usual, late and rather pointless in the end.

Where was Baine/Good Guy Horde in Teldrassil, Kul Tiras, etc? Nowhere.

So when Baine suddenly made these declarations, it was rather off-handed and simply poorly performed. To the Horde player, especially if you did not like the way the story was going, you were forced to stomach it despite how much the game likes to encourage that your character is your character.

2 Likes

Then again maybe I’m just salty that I had to search the bottom of the Great Sea looking after Derek just for Baine to pack it up to the ennemy DAMN IT

2 Likes

To what end?
That still is the mentality of Horde that they tried to move away at least up until Cataclysm - the conquest and building empires on old hatreds. There has been tremendous effort expanded to build up relative understanding between the rival factions and that was put on stake. Because such actions would not win the war or make things better.

The whole escalation of situation was rather fast itself and getting into the point where the war is decided in one expansion is rather poor way of doing it. From what was presented Baine was kept in dark up until Horde hit Night Elves and in Undercity whole leadership was there, where Saurfang was sacrificed because of his rather swift opposition to his Warchief. There already Baine showed the concerns to where this all was heading. Sylvanas even threatened him with his people. She has been trying to hold everyone on leash to run this war. It was until everyone grew wary of her and the way she was leading Horde before they took action.

It’s rather poorly portrayed picture, but at least Baine was one of the first to defied her rule, while other leaders still had nothing to say.

Oh no, I am not opposing you, but in matters like this, being suspicious is simply not enough. Sylvanas may have been holding the leash, but no one really applied any other pressure until close to the convenient ending to the story. It’s just as you said:

Why is this? All the Horde Player was told by the opposing forces is to: “H-heh… heh… k-keep quiet m’dude, we’ll act soon enough!” and at the same time, Nathanos is tugging the player veritably by the scruff of their collar.

1 Like

Let’s face it, that horde is loooong gone, and died with Thrall.
When you think about it, the Horde has been in downward spiral ever since, countelss “master plans” to topple the alliance, only for those plans to backfire on the horde, every… single… time. So that the whole faction is nothing more than a bunch of amateurs and a joke, in both warfare and politics. What’s wrong with peace, when you might even spare some Leaders, without villain batting them?. it’s like looney toons in horde land.

They lose Leaders, for the sake of losing leaders as cannon fodder, because the writers don’t know what they want out of the horde, or can’t agree on what the horde should be or stand for. 2 civil wars, or insurrections should say something.

The horde has been a plot device, to show how good, righteous and powerful the alliance is, for the last 10 years, with alliance leaders resembling demigods.

Yes you can call that Lore or whatever, but trust me, you don’t want that kind of attention in the alliance, although you guys might get that kind of lore soon, with the Light zealot Turalyon.

And didn’t horde lose territories as of late? or were those areas “neutral” and turned blue, after BFA, I forget.

1 Like

Most of those that argue about wanting it, then gasp in horror and complain once they smell it coming their way.

See for example the complaints about Tyrande being villain batted, or about Turalyon being used as the figurehead of some future Evil Light expansion.
Those are basically the prime examples of the sort of treatment the Horde consistently has. And yet, they complain if they see it coming their way.

For many, its quite comfortable to lash out from the protection they sense that permeates their bit of the story. In essence, they are like demanding children that want another ball of ice-cream atop the one they are already having, simply because their brother is getting double portions of broccoli.

There are those that acknowledge that the Horde had its deal of crap. But of course you’ll also have the typical pampered kid who wants the sort of attention the Horde has, without any of its drawbacks (as for example getting away with being “villain” by also demanding a permanent position atop the moral high-ground)

I hear you and its doesnt feel great to play the blues who always are on forgiving and forgetting mode with no replications. The story is stale and feels like it runs on soap opera of a rival families rather then nations of disputing opinions.

But overall to bash on Baine for something that actually should be what Horde must stand for is what I do not get.

Like how NE’s during and after BFA have for the first time voiced their concerns with Alliance is something that should actually showcase the outcry of their people or fans. Amidst this mess that we are told to be lore - I think the small good aspects pointed out alongside criticising the loads of bad moments.

TBF if he will use his crusade to return Lordaeron I will support that, because that makes sense, unlike how abruptly have Horde warchieves have changed.

Wanna have a go?

The nonsensical High-King Roulette would be great to see as well. It provides a great story, I assure you.

2 Likes

I agree what Sylvanas intended to do with Derek was nowhere near a step towards peace talk. It still wasn’t as bad in terms of diplomacy as the Alliance sneaking into Dazar’alor and killing the Zandalari’s holy king for having relationships with the Horde, though.

And yes, as much as I concede that the Alliance faction does not get the amount of development it should have, I really struggle to see where the Horde is getting treated any better. Our most charismatic leaders either get killed by a random demonic infection or go full treason for shady reasons, leaving us with a shaky and unrepresentative council…

What is true though is that we got way cooler new races and capitals in BFA. Being blue in that expansion definitely would have left me with a bitter taste in mouth

1 Like

hahaha very funny pointing out that the undead are actually dead! what a clever and witty joke, mr. loremaster! haven’t heard it like 3000 times already, no no no!

And we have started to spin make your bets! Because Anduin ain’t coming back as High King.

Seems Warcraft lore works only in RTS genre.

1 Like

I’m glad you approve, anyway cool your jets hot shot.

It’s ok, as of Shadows Rising Derek is one of us now. Because reasons.

1 Like

Imo, that was actually one of the more fun and unique quests in a long time, it would be nice to have more of those kinds of quests.

1 Like

Oh jokes aside I though it was rad too, “nope wrong rotting corpse buddy, try another one”