Sylvanas story arch

Sooooo, Sylvanas… Her story arch and character development are really as bad as it gets.

She’s gone from powerful and somewhat misterious character to a charismatic leader (Legion and up to BfA trailer) to a schemer behind the scenes, her plan being just about as stupid as it gets, to a raid boss in a mid patch raid.

You really can’t misshandle the ONE recognizable character in WoW after Arthas any more than this.

There’s two outcomes now. Either Blizz pulls some Azshara bonkers excuse for her to be not-quite-dead (whatever happenned to her btw??) or they just kill her outright and possibly fire whoever wrote this “story” arch.

Sad.

6 Likes

Sylvanas… charismatic :thinking:

I do agree though, her character arc is somewhat… well crap.

2 Likes

Definition: a person who possesses special traits that attract, inspire, or fascinate other people.

Think her character up to 8.0 did fit the bill.

But whatever, character’s gone and there’s really no replacement in sight as far as any strong characters in the game now. And I just can’t understand who thought it was a good idea to get rid of the one there is instead of creating a bunch of new ones and developing them.

Orc whats-her-name with a cool cutscene or Uther have both nice potential as far as character building. But whatever

FOR ALLERIA!
MUH KWEEEEEN.

Jokes aside, I am sad to see Sylvanas go this path. But she’s been more and more broken after the death of the Lich King. It’s like her purpose is done, so might as well turn into the very enemy that She hated. Lol

gonna slip this one in Sylvanas is Garrosh 2.0

1 Like

yeah i love how people forgot about Azshara,like she wasnt in 2 raids last expansion,and escaping in the last one :smiley: nobody talks about her

Fair enough, I just link the word to something else I suppose :grin:

They had lots of opportunities with BFA to establish just that with (but not limited to) Talanji for example. But she’ll probably get the same treatment as Yrel.

She’s the perfect example of writing yourself as the secret god who is playing the role of an underdog.

Add in some edge-lord elements and there you have it.

Her inclusion has ruined multiple expansions.

What should have happened to her: After she killed herself up at ol ice crown. We never seen her again, until Shadowlands where we meet her as a mournful regretful spirit for a brief min side quest to pick some flowers or something.

1 Like

I despise her character and the sooner shes done and we dont have to see her the better.

knowing steve danusers obsession with his waifu i doubt she will get the oblivion she deserves though

2 Likes

Being a raid boss doesn’t mean a thing.

Look at Jaina.

Azshara. Garrosh. Illidan. Kil’jaeden. Mekkatorque. Aggramar. Cenarius. Ragnaros. Kel’Thuzad. Kael’thas.

1 Like

True in the sense that there’s no reason she can’t come back.

However as a character she’s gone. Some lame redemption arc can’t make up for the loss of a great character.

“Sorry foks it wasn’t me” is not going to somehow make any sense out of the whole 8.0 to 9.1 idiocy

I wouldn’t be so sure. They retcon stuff all the time.

she really does none of this but we

well blizzard cutted Sylvanas story short in game thats why it is so bad but if you read Sylvanas lore on internet and all books it is a different thing …

Technically she was meant to be bad after killing the lich king by yeeting herself off the cliff, died got slapped into the maw and saw how bad it was and during that time managed to free the Jailer and shafted some of her Demon Angels to take her place.

Since then she has been stirring up trouble to cause as much death and carnage as she can and weaken the soul of azeroth to free the way for the jailer’s forces.

Of course there will some sort of redemption arc… she will free all nightelves she killed, bring them either back to live or something else, say sorry, marry the lich prince and become the new alliance leader.

Sylvanas dies and get reborn just like Ysera got reborn afther her death …

Lets just kill her. no silly reincarnation, redemption or whatever. Lets just leave her in a pool of blood somewhere in the shadowlands thats it done over.

Dont make it part of a bigger plan to drag on for two years
Dont make it part of some big redemption with the screams of for the horde after

Lets just kill her and never hear from her again please

1 Like

Thrall. He was butchered before her, was more important and got butchered after being butchered. The term Green Jesus doesnt come from nowhere.

As for Sylvannas: Im still betting on Kerrigan 2.0. Just to make it even worse

Sylvanas story made sense in warcraft 3 and that’s about it .