Synchronize action bar setup betweep computers?

Is there a way, either by addon or otherwise, to have the interface setup (actionbars primarily) synchronize between different computers? I play on two different computers and would like for changes I do on one computer reflect on the other.

1 Like

You can copy the /interface/addon and /wtf folder from location A to B (including sub folders).
There are probably programs made to do this, but if you know a lottle about batch programming you can make a batch file pretty easy also.

Don’t some of the addon managers do that?

You could do it Xenera’s way if they are on the same network. Just share the folders and make a batch command to copy the folders and sub-folders.

XCOPY /i /s "\\ComputerName1\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF" "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF"

XCOPY /i /s "\\ComputerName1\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface" "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface"

should work. It’s been a while since I did batch commands so I may be missing an overwrite switch

It is not far from my script, Dottie:
ExportEra.cmd:

@echo off

set Source=C:\Games\World of Warcraft\_classic_era_
set Dest=E:\Shared\Games\World of Warcraft\_classic_era_

echo *** Copying Addons ...
xcopy "%Source%\interface\addons" "%Dest%\Addons\" /S /Q

echo *** Copying WTF ...
xcopy "%Source%\WTF" "%Dest%\WTF\" /S /Q

echo.

Use:
I have one computer being the master (the source).
The other computer is on the same network, and I have mapped that to my E: drive.
You can use UNC network paths as Dottie suggests as well.

Last I created a shortcut on the desktop so I can just click the script to copy from Master to the slave client whenever needed.

Thanks for your reply folks! Alas the computer ate on separate networks. Guess I’ll have to look for an addon that can help me with this.

The Curseforge addon updater beta allows you to sync via twitch.

But that’s only the addons on CurseForge - not the settings itself.

Then the only real option is to copy to a USB and move them. Just drag and drop them onto it.

Unless you want to mess around uploading and downloading with cloud storage.

Sorry but an addon cannot do this.

Allright! Thanks again. It was worth asking :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this is something you may also want to do, but if you have 2 different wow accounts you can sync addons so that you won’t have to copy over the settings from one to another.

You do that through Link Shell Extension [https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html] and more specifically through symbolic links. You just have to delete the SavedVariables folder of the 2nd account, and drop a symbolic link you created from your 1st account as if you were to replace that SavedVariables with a copy.

If you have questions other people can probably explain it better than what I did or hit me up on the vanilla classic era discord. I don’t have any coding skills but I like to edit addon settings and stuff since I’m an altoholic.

P.S: just realised this but yes, you can sync your action bars if you use an addon like Bartender that have profiles you can export over to other wow accounts, like I just explained above.

I think a drag and drop to and copy from a USB stick is far easier as the computers are not on the same network.

1 Like

Yeah that’s also true.

I exchange my Wtf folder of 2 PCs via Google drive

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.