Tall Vampire Ladies when?

Aren’t they using the same awful Nightborne model? I’d love to get Venthyr clothes on playable characters tho.

1 Like

JackSepticeye: Stand on me tall lady

:smirk:

playable stoneborn on the other hand
both male and female have npc models?
i mean draven,stone legion generals

Doesn’t sound Irish enough.

I think you’re suffering from a case of “taking things too seriously in an online game”. My intellect never felt insulted with any of the insanely stupid things they’ve done over the years with the lore, I simply don’t give a damn, to put it simply. And I don’t get why anyone should, especially at this point where they literally have to retcon like mad and come up with crazy new ideas to keep the game going.

Yes, I play because I want cool things, I like cool things.

1 Like

Aww, c’mon!
Thats borderline racist!

To be honest, this is the main reason
Going on missions for your Covenant like Drakka was sent to a Legion world to steal some documents is okay… more or less
But keep in mind, the Shadowlands is for everyone , the whole Universe (and alternate realities) and not just for Azeroth - Theotar not even heard about Azeroth for example, but liked the idea of winter veil and made some bargains to import presents, costumes and decorations/trees to Sinfall… and the Ember court. Sinfall had some cool dancing Venthyr in xmas hats… I don’t know about the rest of the covenants tho’
So a potential vampire lady first had to be sentenced to Revendreth after her death (and not that exemplary life, remeber, Revendreth is the last chance before the Maw and anontment tend to last for a millenia or two… for a start), served her time, someone sired her to become a Venthry. And that decision is not made on a whim; the Accuser made it cleaer its a very serious decision on the part both of the sire and the sired… then the whole “how to be a Venthyr” school begin!
Like any covenant, be it brainwashed blue angles without their past, a soul chillin’ in animal form or some scourge wannabee… or yes, a vampire lady, the important is you have a job now
For an eternity and a bit more
Visiting the world of the living for an important mission maybe okay, but the idea of moving to a World you probably never heard of, neglecting your duty and choosing side and joining a team of mortals?
Pretty much in the realm of impossibly dumb

2 Likes

What if the wheel of death truly breaks in the end and they have nothing left to do? I find it extremely weird for the afterlife to still exist after we’ve learned about it. Various ways they can go about it, nothing impossibly dumb there, it all depends on how things will play out in the end.

Is there something wrong with your ‘E’ key?

working as intended i have it on turbo while playing wow couldnt be bothered to swap to standard while responding

I really hope Blizzard makes them playable, and Kyrians too. They are surely lacking a lot of work, but so were vulpera. The race had to be reworked to use player gear. Not to mention the infamous Nightborne, that end up being nothing like their NPC versions. But both those examples show a race doesn’t have to be ready at the start of an expansion to be playable.

2 Likes

If the theory that Shadowlands is a titan creation and the Maw was the real afterlife is true, then this would be the best lore escape to add them all 4 as allied races.

The only issue is who’s going where? There will be a lot of tears from the side that doesn’t get the Venthyr :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Indeed. I think Kyrians (especially with a racial that lets them use themselves as flying mounts) would actually end up being cooler and I’d be jealous too, so I don’t think alliance would moan much. I’m just such a sucker for old school vampires like Nosferatu etc. that’s why I like Venthyr so much, I wouldn’t want super beautiful elvish vampires like the San’layn. However, if they decided to add Venthyr I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up having options that make them look very beautiful. If you see the concept art of them you’ll understand.

I dare you all to google “Female Venthyr Concept Art”, you’ll be surprised. Kinda sad they didn’t turn out like that in the game, but maybe for players it will be a different story.

1 Like

TBH, i have quite a hard time wrapping my head around the Venthyr rigging.
Especially the ladies, it looks like their bones are far too big, and like their skin would break or rip apart, as soon as someone touches them.

A bit like an overstuffed sausage, that’s malnourished at the same time.
Their body composition and Posture, actually bothers me quite a lot.

So congrats to Blizz, if they wanted to make them ghastly, they certainly succeeded with that.

They have that same backwards leaning posture, as the Shal’dorei.

Yeah, I hear ya, but it can be worked on, provided they want to do it right. And if this time around it’s only two races in the patch cycle – then it’s extremely doable. I would know. Hopefully they won’t get the Nightborne treatment.

Yup, it would be nice, if the Nightborne player toons actually, looked like the nightborne should look, a bit like Akhenaten’s bust, but Feminine.

But that’s for another topic.

1 Like

Id be for more races personally i would be willing to pay for vrykuls as a playable race i dont even care what faction. A vrykul warrior/dk/melee in general seems so cool.

Then Azeroth population will go down day by day. If cycle breaks then there will be no afterlife and faction like venthyr, kyrian etc meaningless.

I think the kyrians look quite nice, male and female ones, though the blue is kind of weird, I feel like blizzard should’ve went for a more transparent soul-like color for them.

Venethyrs I like, they feel like real vampires, however I dislike the fact that they feel too comical, both in mannerisms and in aesthetic, it feels more like a disney trip rather than playing WoW. I still do really like them, but imo it doesn’t feel like playing WoW when I’m around them, same goes for Ardenweald.

Necrolords are perfect, necrolords are love and necrolords are exactly what I expected from WoW.

Though I don’t get why all necrolords opt in for the YUUUUUUUUUGE, like you can be strong without looking like denizens of that one weird corner in the internet, a little more variety would have been much cooler.

I kind of expected necrolords to expand on cult of the damned aesthetics in some parts, so looks wise I’m kind of disappointed as they all literally look the same, you can count their model types on your finger tips and that really is immersion breaking.

Revendreth !!

I see the vampires, but where is Blade?

I am also curious if you are a Worgen and you pick Venthyr as your covenant, do you get a invisible chest piece and does the storyline change to Twilight?

lol. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, I wish twilight could somehow be removed from this reality.