Tank and Healer "Shortage"

What is so bad about ravager? I recall it has that spining proc. Is it because it can break CC and removes control from the player for the duration?

Damage same as ww but no stats. And of course that idiotic cc breaking proc :joy:

Is it more DPS than the Bear? I honestly have no clue… :smiley:

as rogue you can tank so much in WoW, after the first L30 dungeon its almost impossible, or your group goes with 2 mages 1 healer and1 more dps

Its simple and this fact will never change. Healers will always be underrepresented because most people just pick dps because its cool or simple and grinding is way easier as dd.

Wait for lvl 60. Leveling dungeons can be tanked and heales in dps specs. End game will requare healing and tanking specs which many will refuse to do due to respec cost.

Maybe there would be more healer if the Tanks didn’t end up being Warriors with a two-handed weapon that eat so much damage that you have to spam your heal on them.

Is it possible to Tank with a two-handed in leveling instances? Yes, yes it is as long as the DPS of the Group is good and the enemies die quickly.

Otherwise the Healer will burn through his/her mana quickly and without a mage he/she will have to buy plenty of water after that run which will get very expensive and no one is going to cover the cost for the Healer.

“But he is just missing out on bonus armor if he doesn’t use a shield, that is not much” - This is what someone told me once.

Well… Almost every single Two-Handed warrior tank that I had never used Defensive Stance, so that is 10% more damage already.

You will also have less armor without a Shield, you will not be able to block AND you will not be able to use two of your defensive skills (Shield Block and Shield Wall, the latter being more of a -Oh Crap- Button).

3 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from but have you checked other realms to see if they have the same issue. Personally, i got an RFC group together in less than half an hour on Zandalar Tribe EU as a DPS shaman.

Though i did role healer when a priest took one look at our levels, said we would fail, and left. Proceeded to clear with 0 wipes lol

1. The game has no dual spec.
  2. That’s contradictory af saying people should ‘be flexible’ whilst saying they can only play one specific role.

That ain’t very flexible and that sure as balls isn’t retail culture when you can change spec at will and have your main stat change with you in retail so umm…yeah if anything, retail encourages it and Classic discourages it.

Constantly healing every time you’ve lost 100 hp is gonna leave me oom very, very fast tho. I wait as long as I can to heal because that’s more time spent outside the 5 seconds rule and more time to regen mana.
And considering how many warriors just keep mindlessly zerging into stuff and facepulling 3+ packs while I’m drinking, I need every bit of regen I can get.

1 Like

You don’t need to change talents for levelling dungeons in vanilla/classic. A priest can go mostly shadow and still heal dungeons.

I’ve grown so frustrated with the lack of tanks (especially at higher levels where they appear to be super rare) that I’m levelling my own, mainly out of desperation.

I don’t blame people not wanting to take up that role though. It must really suck being outnumbered by zoomtards in your group shouting “GO GO GO. OMFG TANK UR SO SLOWWW”.

Zoomers and boomers are dumb, more news at 11

When I tank I only invite Mages and a Priest. There is nothing more pleasing than seeing a dungeon mowed down and cloth wearers sharing smack talk about what loot they should get. But I get all Leather, Mail, Plate, Weapons etc.

Palas dom’t really tank. We just MEME the instance.

People need to get it through their heads that this is NOT RETAIL.

Just because you put Talent points into a specific spec does not mean that you are suddenly an “Arms Warrior” (Just an example). It just means that you are better at doing this specific thing BUT you remain a Warrior with access to Defensive Skills if you actually buy them.

Retail pigeonholes you into a specific specc due to them not giving you the abilities that you may need for the other roles but Classic doesn’t do that.

As long as you have the gear (Shield + 1h For Warriors or int gear for Shamans/Druids) you could in theory easily Tank/Heal.

I am leveling as a Shadow Priest right now but I am still buying every single Healing spell so I can switch over to that if needed, that is what being a Hybrid is about.

Chief purpose of the shield is to remove crits from the table. Warrior can tank with a grey shield dropped off a boar in a sandbox zone just as well as with “the face of death”, armor and block value being only the nice bonuses. All this aoe-cleave madness will pass away in the blink of an eye, once everyone begins to farm strat/scholo/ubrs.

Usually Druids have higher armour, which mitigates crushing blows. e.g. normal hits are 85% of a Warrior normal, crushing blow 110% of warrior normal. Especially later in TBC it got to the point where crushings were the size of a blocked hit.

unless they will aoe farm that as well :slight_smile:

The thing here is that way too many people still belive that BS that Vanilla was so hard that you HAD TO BE a prot warrior or Holy Priest to heal, otherwise you couldnt do it.

I heal with my Shadow priest all the time and it works fine.

People have to realise that you dont have to spec into the hardcore healing/tanking trees to be able to do the job in Dungeons or even raids.

Sorry, did i get it right? You willingly invite people as DPS (for example) and then try to force them into different role and then kick them for refusing? Why waste yours and their time? People have their reasons. You saw their class before inviting and their preferred role. Why bother?

1 Like