Tanks, its up to us to change the M+ Toxic community

The M+ community is a mixed bag of mature pleasant people, that even if they do a few mistakes, its a pleasure for a tank to play with, and sometimes it’s full of toxic people that start shouting random toxic garbage, the moment things don’t go “their way, in their own head”.

It’s great with pleasant people, you get to do a few more keys with them and get some of the 10X weekly runs for the vault done. You stay in contact or whatnot in hopes you get to play with them again to avoid negative experience.

However, when it comes to toxic people, the first hint of toxicity, whatever it is, I ask all tanks not to continue the key. Usually these people start shouting stuff even if its about moving a pack of mobs 1 inch from their AOE to avoid stuff on ground, but they usually like to “keep it quiet till the end” to show you “the wrath of their toxic immaturity” and shout out all the toxicity they want, despite having ++ timed the key you ran.

Since Blizzard won’t penalize toxic behavior in pugs, its up to us TANKS to do it: Any hint of toxicity, whatever it is, comment, complain, remark, "not going their way’, Stop what you are doing and leave the key. Really, there is a huge lack of pug tanks out there, if we, the remaining tanks, start doing this, you will see how FAST Toxic behavior will change. We have the most impact in the M+ pug keys, if we start to leave keys, the toxic community will have no choice but to change their behavior.

Think about it, replying back to these toxic people will do nothing useful, if you want to make an impact on their behavior, you need something to stick with them, and leaving keys repeatedly is the best way to do it. Imagine that you are playing with adults that haven’t grown outside of schoolkid immaturity, there is no point reasoning with these people, you need to punish them to make them understand.

13 Likes

So you’re asking people to fight toxicity with key depletion.

How is that not toxic in itself?

20 Likes

I was about to make the very same point.

You beat me to it.

9 Likes

How childish are you? “You say one bad word to me and I will bubble HS reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”. Get off your high horse lmao. What you’re suggesting is way worse than toxicity. Idiots complaining can be muted, behavior you described, can not.

Also, if you’re getting complained at that much that you felt the need to make this thread, maybe take a look in the mirror?

5 Likes

Not tolerating abuse is not toxic, though.

With that said, just leaving outright is probably not the best course of action. I’d rather suggest a bit of communication first: “Please, be more civil, we all want to have fun here.”, “If you know better, please link your route, and mark ahead!” (give them lead), that sort of stuff. Or just start the instance with “I’m here to have a smooth, fun run. We all make mistakes, we adjust, adapt, overcome. If you can’t handle that, let me know now. Thanks!”

After all that, if they still continue spewing their stuff, then yeah, get the heck out of there. But talk first. Always talk first.

13 Likes

Aye dunno why people are complaining. Someone gobs off at me in a dungeon I’m outa there lol screw em. Teach em to not be an annoying pleb and not act like a keyboard warrior. Same goes for annoying tanks that think their gods gift.

9 Likes

I agree with this.

I’ve had many runs where it’s my key, another dps screws up, and then the healer goes off on him, and i’ll say something like: it’s okay guys just keep it going and keep it friendly, even if we don’t time it just have fun with it. Then healer replies “No F him! we’re carrying him with mechanics and i’m not here to have fun” so then i just keep to myself and hope no one leaves lol

Well, I put the chat in another window, so even if they say something I don’t see it, in the end, you are the boss, they follow you no matter what you do.

Any player quitting an m+ key dooms the key. Unless you’re running the toxic person’s key, quitting as a tank won’t do anything.

2 Likes

So fight childishness and immaturity with childishness and immaturity?

How can you not see thats completely idiotic?

4 Likes

Imagine assuming that no tank is the toxic one of the group. Must be hard to see them from all the way up there on your high horse, OP.

2 Likes

There is strange little thing called “Guild”.

FInd a good home, and just stop with pugs alltogether.

I really hate when someone does this. No matter whether it’s the tank that refuses to continue or a healer that refuses to heal.

It’s childish imo and you’re not only punishing the toxic player, but the other party members aswell.

I think the better way to handle this is setting said player on your ignore list to avoid playing with them in the future. If you enjoyed playing with the rest of your group just ask them to continue or consider adding them as friends. That way you can build a list of players that are not toxic and play with them instead.

to defeat the villain, I must become the villain!

3 Likes

Best solution, tank only runs!

1 Like

That’s the most basic strategy - fight fire with fire :smiley:

Bad advice. My kitchen was on fire so I added more to fight it… I think you lied to me

3 Likes

Right, and punish the rest of the group because of someone else in the group? That’s toxic as well. How about just ignore them, don’t be a snowflake and keep doing what you doing IF what you doing is the correct way. Fight it with kindness and efficiency. Not more of the same.

A Metallica advice can never be bad!

1 Like

What happens if the tank himself is toxic? :thinking: