Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

… oh they sure should be.

It should be the case that if your main has purchased ANY of the rank 3 reps from Nazjatar all of them should be available across your chars, even for specs your main cannot purchase.

When my Monk first bought Nullification Dynamo way back when, it’s allowed my hunter to purchase Purification Protocol rank 3 using Echoes and my Monk never bought that essence himself, only Nullification Dynamo. My healer alts also have access to Well of Existence which similarly, my Monk never bought.

Seems wierd if it works only one way (ie as a Hybrid my Monk “could” purchase any essence, therefore unlocking them, whereas a DPS char cannot purchase tank essences, so doesn’t unlock them) I think it’s intended that once you’ve got any rank 3 essence requirement met and purchased one, you can buy all of them irrespective, so if you can’t, you mgiht want to ticket that.

same. but imagine next week where the affixes are a faceroll, people will be spamming high keys to get bucketloads of echoes

Is the update out now in EU?

Yes, it’s live on EU and up for sale are exactly the corruptions in the sample.
So MAGES, HUNTERS, LOCKS, SPRIESTS get buffed, the rest get the stick. LoL. Whoever allowed these clowns to design video games should be locked in a room and forced to play wow for 1 month.
There is not one single useful low rank corruption for a DH, for example. Bu there are 2 mastery corruption for mages, though (one with % and one with proc). WHAT A GAME! WHAT A GREAT DESIGN! CLOWNS!

yeah there is masterful II which is not perfect and I do not want to buy it. At the same time if I have to wait 5 weeks for r3 I should buy few masterful II scrolls.

Your meme spec plays as if it has bis corruptions equipped baseline anyway…

Why lie like this? Cannot look at damage meter details? Take away damage effect corruptions from demon hunters and they become useless. Or, if a DH without corruption equipped beat you on DPS meters, feel free to quit the game, there is nothing for you do play here. Talking about meme specs, are priests padding much these days?

Don’t turn this into a spec-vs-spec discussion, I know you must be 9yo, but please keep it to yourself.

Imagine being angry about playing one of the best classes in the game and then being -slightly- nerfed. Absolutely delusional.

Wow, I hit a nerve. That reply must be the most buttons you’ve ever had to hit :rofl:

5 Likes

lmao :+1: :skull_and_crossbones:

I guess you are fighting for what is yours: welfare. If you ever see me in game, trade me, I will spare 5g for you too.

Mages, hunters, locks, and rogues got screwed HARD with Echoes first. Now Blizz put some corruptions to be available… IF you have enough currency to buy them. And here I go, having exactly 0, and if I wish to have guaranteed Twisted Appendage I’d have to grind 13,2k before Saturday. While multirole chars or people who didn’t care for ESSENCES can have much stronger CORRUPTIONS asap because they could loot Echoes. OH WHAT FUN. Gushing Wound might be available, so fun police is nerfing it just in case someone could get it. IS is already meh if you don’t play haste based spec, TD gonna be nerfed into the ground soon too, because it is useful to tanks, and we can’t have that. Anyone else got this sudden urge to strangle the dev who put this &@$^% ingame with their own intestines?

1 Like

If we cleanse our corruption do we get Echoes back? If not I think that this would be a very welcomed addition to the game. That way even though we have to put up with all this RNG we can at least have some say in what corruption we get in a round about way.

Am I missing something? I had 4/6 Torn Pages of “The Final Truth”, could not turn it in. Dropped the quest, it still says I need 6 and the rest has vanished. Fun times.

omg you did not just do that… sorry for your loss mate

1 Like

I just did, sucks for sure. Ah well, I’ll live. Doubt making a ticket will help.

I just abandoned the quest (was at 0 out of 8, so no loss), and took it again, still needs 8.
When starting the game, it shows a build date that is not that new, so maybe a patch is needed before it will go live on EU?

1 Like

Now looking better, I understand that corruptions sold by Mother will cycle at the same pace as the minor assault (so 2x per week). Then depends about having the good amount of echoes at the right time. Hm…
Anyway, I was in same situation as many other, not accumulating Echoes because had all essences r3. So I am starting low.

I usually do not mind catch-up mechanics and I am really welcoming this new implementation. But I have spent hours upon hours on my main, who could not collect a single Echo of nyalotha, in Visions and grinding Coalescing Visions to do even more of those, to socket all my corrupted items.

Usually, if you have invested a lot of time prior to a catch-up mechanic, that time gets devalued, because you can now aquire the same things in a shorter amount of time, but having done these activities prior to the catch-up is still better than not having done it.
This is different this time and feels like a punch to the face. I would now be better off if I didn’t spend all my Coalescing Visions in hours upon hours of Horrific visions and have kept this currency. And I would also be better off if I did not complete the previous content by grinding all available Essences on all my characters. And I would be better off if I did not spent hundreds of thousands of Corrupted Mementos to socket items that can not be used anymore because it is impossible to put a corruption on them.

The implementation of a vendor to target corruptions is very welcomed, but as so often, you did not think this through and it has been done with a very hot needle.

2 Likes