TBC Boosted Weapons are Game breaking for the 59 bracket

Hello everyone i want to bring some attention to this

The Lvl 58 boosted weapons are far beyond level 59 Twink weapons, they are better than anything anyone can optain under level 60, they are literally on pair with Epic weapons from Molten Core but for level 58’s.

1Hander is better than Krol Blade
2hander is on pair with Earthsaker (from Molten core)

Before you say ‘‘who cares no one will play in that bracket anyway’’, then i have to remind you that some people will and its really a bad gameplay design to have people with Molten Core Epic quallity weapons in a bracket where no one else are able to obtain weapons of the same quallity

Some people will abuse this to twink boosted characters to smash people with weapons thats on pair with Earthshaker and its not gonna be fun for the normal guy thats playing the game the intended way
Its creating an unfair balance where normal players cant compete against people who has bought boosts and thats not good for the game, its literally pay 2 win

Downgrade the the weapons to weapons of Lvl 58 Blue Weapons (DM, Stratholme quality), its absurd to have MC quality weapons in the level 59 bracket

5 Likes

Can you provide a link to the gear you get from the boost?

People who twink are terribad PVP players who want to stomp people with worse gear than they have. Whilst I can see the attraction of gearing up a char to the best possible power level it can be, doing it with the sole intention of utterly destroying levelling players taking a break seems scummy to me.

Back to your argument.

How is that different in anyway to every level 19 twink that’s been dragged through Shadowfang for a weapon and Wailing Caverns for the shoulders? Secondly I’m not sure twinking was intended, and if it was you could view TBC as an expansion to your twinking options.

No, being able to complete the content of Hellfire Peninsular is balanced around receiving these items. They should stay, and if that means someone hits 59 gets a few items and actually poses a challange to your pre-TBC decked out twink then it’s simply your turn to taste the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

Finally the fact that you have come to the forums arguing that your over geared for bracket char, that basically ruins PVP for levellers will suddenly be under geared and farmed for honour by those much more powerful for you, and that you don’t like the thought of it, shows you what a cancer twinking is.

4 Likes

I agree twinking is cancer. best twink weapons should be behind a real money pay wall. :upside_down_face:

The quest rewards and dungeon drops of TBC are probably even better and can be obtained prior to level 60 as well.

You could send your twink to the classic server that way nobody will have boosted weapons or any 58 tbc gear which will also.be better than twink weapons and armour

2 Likes

Doubt you can send a TBC premade char into classic realm. There will be a system in place to prevent that. Else you can bring all kinds of TBC items into Classic.

When you make a new char it will probably ask you to choose between Classic era or TBC era. And if you choose Classic era you won’t be able to boost it.

2 Likes

I see i should have should have posted my original full post instead of letting it focus on the bare bones of the topic.

Let us get started, i’m an experienced player so let me introduce myself before someone calls me ‘‘just a twink’’, I’m the 4th person to hit High Warlord on Razorgore EU on my warrior, played against the best premades on EU from APES to Progress, i’m also the 1st person in EU to hit High Warlord on a level 59 character (aka on my Shaman here).

First of all let me debunk ‘‘People who twink are terribad PVP players’’ i have heard that many times over the years specially on these exact forums which are full of noobs and cry babies, what i have seen in the actual game over the years is a good handfull of the people that twink are people that loves pvp, former gladiators and in classic people that also have hit Rank 14 and done everything, its not as black and white as they are bad, sure some of them are bad, there is alot of people at max level that are bad too.

Anyway i’m getting off topic, i’m not twinking anymore, i dont have any business in the 59 bracket anymore, my whole point about this topic is its gonna be a horrible experience for the normal leveling player, i’m not the ‘‘normal player’’ but i’m standing up for the normal leveling player in this case, nothing is stopping me from buying a boost and get weapons thats not able to be abtained inside the game

Thats the difference between someone spending hours in Shadowfang Keep to get their lvl 19 bis sword, the normal player can get that sword inside the game, these weapons the boosted characters comes with are not obtainable inside the game, thats the difference

And about the Hellfire Pininsular comment, your more than able to clear the content there with weapons that are equal to lvl 58 blues from Stratholme or LRBS, if you actually played TBC you would know levelers back then completely skipped Stratholme and Scholomance and got streight into Outland with weapons of BRD quality

and to the whining part, i’m not whining at all, you have misstaken the reason to why i am here, i’m saying this because giving paid characters overpowered weapons thats locked behind a pay wall aint a good game design, its a really terribe one and i’m warning that the people you despise will use it, i could be one of them, because i’m always pushing no matter what level my character is, i’m defending you from me

If your defending these weapons your selfish, either becuase you want a heavenly easy leveling experiece in Outland or your gonna twink with them, those two are the only reason anyone would defend those weapons

2 Likes

So no link then?

Unfortunely not. Sucks if it’s true for twink community. Tho I can never take twinking seriously after blizzard put in a twinking bracket and the whole community instantly stopped playing. Most people twink not be to competetive, they twink to smash low geared people who just wanna do a casual BG while leveling.

Tho same can be said for max level pvp. Since you kinda gear at max level to smash others.

2 Likes

Hi Dottie, i cant find a way to post pictures here and there aint any Youtuber yet who has just covered the weapons. But i can recommend a video by Asmongold where hes browsing over the weapons while testing the paid chars

Hes browsing over the weapons at 4:44 (and dont be fooled by the Green color of the weapons, they are good)
Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZGpcwtdoE

Found it.

They seem to me to be TBC quest gear or TBC profession gear level, which was about the same level as MC gear. I hope everyone can buy this stuff at a vendor as well.

first of all the beta items are not going to be the 58 boost items as far as is known for now. 58 boost items described in the announcement were dungeon blues. I expect them to give each player the D0 set and a set additional weapons from thats right classic dungeons. What you see on the beta is purely ment for people to test stuff ON THE BETA

2 Likes

Thanks for updating us on this Jizhi :heavy_heart_exclamation: i gave your post a like and hope what your saying turns out to be the case

1 Like

and even IF they get the “communal gear” we’d still have to check if the weapons are not better then any other quest weapon they are able to attain at 58 or 59 in outlands. Twinkers take things to the extreme. They will get help to do quests far above their level (think of the 28/29 hunter twinks that get the king bangladesh quest reward gun/bow.

Eg after only 5 mins of searching i’ve found this 59 twink item for casters:

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=29399/rod-of-the-void-caller?bonus=3631

Definatly far superior then any mc, bwl or aq40 weapon for Twink purposes where stam is extremely important

Like POD you mean? 3kg so 60eur :’)

Thats a good point Jizhi, i havnt checked any TBC databases myself but i’m sure there is a big chance there are more weapons thats possible to get in Outland on level 59’s that will be better than current Beta Weapons but i could be wrong, but still a good point you got there

But i still hope your right about the current level 58 beta boost items aint the ones the game will be released with, or atleast not the weapons.

Makes more sense to give the boosted characters items that are of classic dungeon quality that they can go into TBC with, rather than they start with items thats from the other side of the dark portal

That’s an age old argument and is utterly false.

Oddly enough, that’s the entire point of a game where power is based on gear.

Correct. Lvl59 twinks would mostly be gearing in Outlands, and that gear will absolutely stomp boosted players.

So let me see if I got this straight:

Boostweapons == Bad because “imbalance”

Right?

Buuuut…enchants, consumes & BoEs way to expensive for a lvl 5x character to get on his own without the help of a capped main, are okay and totally balanced?

Yeah, nope.

1 Like

Sadly, not. I was in a twinking guild on Shazzrah, about 30% of guild chat was people talking about how they just crit someone for 75% of their health, or how they managed to take on 3 people alone in a BG.

What happened to twinking numbers when BG’s were changed to only allow Twinks to queue up in BG’s against other twinks?

1 Like