TBC - Characters

We are talking about how the character system should work out in classic to tbc this is out of the subject. if i understood right you were up voting the idea you get to loose your classic character if you wanna transfer to TBC Realm and i am upvoting a idea that you can clone your character to TBC realm. There is also always an opinion that everyone starts a level 1 character which is very good solution too i am just trying to skip a bit of the leveling part because i am not worlds best at leveling and does not see a point of have to level up again a character from 1-60 in such a short time

what i put in the survey is fresh 58. tbc should be about tbc not classsic.

what happens in classic stays in classic.

1 Like

Then don’t bring certain things up if you don’t wanna discuss about them lol. Saying stuff and then complain “off-topic!” when people call you out on them is childish.

this is indeed very good post. thank you for participate in this discussion and i see a point in your post as keeping those as totally two different worlds not as a journey of your character to become stronger as its been with new expansions for now (classic-tbc-wotlk-bfa-etc)… and that would bring us the new perspective for the game as playing tbc:“Heyyy do you remember still when we used to grind BDA for days”,… “Yeaah, lets go check the characters we used to play and have some bg fun or do some RP!” as the wow classic is a dream platform for a roleplayer, we might even see huge player base of roleplayers to roll on classic servers for quieter experiance of roleplay

I hope they just upgrade the current realms to TBC just like it was in Vanilla, to keep it historically accurate. They can offer transfers to a couple of servers that will stay at phase 6 forever for the handful of Vanilla fanatics who will choose to remain behind. Maybe open a few fresh phase 1 realms for those who enjoy levelling on new servers. Maybe even modify it somehow this time around, for the fabled classic+ experience.
I don’t care all that much, I’ll be over in the better game dodging felreavers and entering magnificant Zangarmarsh and Terrokar for the first time again.
I hope Blizzard has enough sense not to rob us of our characters, our gold or our stockpiled materials. That’s why I waited for official recreation, never playing a private server. To not be robbed of my character with whom I identify strongly. But if they do, I will go grumblingly along with it, gritting my teeth. Either way I’m not logging back into Classic again.

This is what i totally disagree with you and makes me quit wow again as i did in history oh nvm yea if they keep some classic servers alive im up to it… as long classic does not disappear nor my characters are forced to chance again… and hopefully there will be RP-pvp realm for classic if they choose to do that

1 Like

i am sorry i mislead you, i was kinda answering how it would be the best ( my personal opinion ) i was just on phone, i should have formulated my answer better, sorry.

The best choice for me would be to give a 1 time chance to copy one or two characters so that you have one in the TBC server and the other in Classic.

Unfortunately, BlizzVision is pretty keen in making us play the longest possible and that might mean that we would be able only to transfer a character meaning that we’ll have to choose if we want it on Classic or TBC.

If this happens then a lot of the ppl who asked Classic in order to play Vanilla will not join TBC at all.

I’m pretty sure there will be a lot more people leaving Classic for good than people who’d rather stay behind if they can’t copy

How about you leave out the “OMG TBC so much very better than classic see you vanilla plebs” attitude for once?

I would really enjoy to play both the incarnations of the game so you being nasty is really out of place.

About the insta 58 choice I don’t fully agree because Draenei and BEs starting zones are TBC too. It might be an option limited to “Vanilla races” but it seems a bit forced imo.

I’ve given my opinion on this in the many other threads on this and here it is too.

There will be an upgrade to TBC with no classic realms or a maintenance full character copy onto new TBC realms with all the characters also staying on Classic realms, with the latter there may be a consolidation of classic realms.

I don’t see any other options working. Starting at 58 especially.

The option I see as the one they will use is the Full upgrade to TBC realms with no Classic realms. Like it was when TBC actually came out. I also have to say I am not looking forward to Hellfire Peninsula.

What’s the pont of playing an RPG if your hard earned achievements don’t carry over in the next expansion. Imagine having the HWL totle, pvp mounts and any other exalted reputation and just losing it because some dim witted people said “what happens in classic stays in classic.”
Your entire post makes no sense when we talk about character progression, and that is the sole reason people play a game like this, character progression.

1 Like

Your preferences are up to you, I’m just saying what I believe would be the more likely scenario

Or maybe, just maybe, there will be an upgrade to TBC with new classic realms opened for people who’d rather transfer there than progress into TBC.

You know, as Blizzard said in their survey. I don’t understand why you keep saying they would upgrade servers to TBC without opening new Classic servers when every option they gave us in the survey presupposes new Classic servers

I am worried about how much gold can be taken to TBC, personally I would want to take 5k, so can have fast flying as soon possible. But then there are the gold cap mages, who would love take all of it with them. So where are they going to draw the line? Since, zero gold for everyone would be a punch below the belt.

Just the reverse of what I said with exactly the same outcome. Old characters on a classic realm and an updated version on a TBC realm.

You do know the difference between a survey and a statement of intent, right?

What a nonsense statement, you would take everything you own onto a TBC realm, including all your gold.

Assuming you refer to

Blizz never spoke about copies, you know. They said transfers.

I’d still give Blizzard’s statements of intents a higher likelihood of happening than forum speculations.

Like I said, a survey, no options in there are written in stone.

Yeah my bad, clearly your personal options are certainly more likely than the ones Blizzard put up for a survey to several players. Whatever was I thinking?

I don’t like the copy option every one wants… Ether play classic or tbc on ur char… Make a choice and stand by it… Any thing else is just plain lazy. That’s just my thought tho :slight_smile: