TBC - Do we need Changes for an Authentic Experience?

The only change I don’t mind it’s flex.

We do know that TBC will be cleared easily same as Classic.

It will never happen but I don’t mind having Kara and ZA that scales from 10 to 20 and the other raids from 25 to 30 or 40, there is already BT flex on retail.

Yes, simply because it’s not expansion specific but a player mindset that determines this. Though the lesser difference between the worst and best performing classes should decrease the urge to only go with one ‘optimal’ mechanic class.

I do fully expect the " X hard reserved", “Y Goldbid” and “Signets RR for Tank”. edit: there, it’s signets now.

You do realize Badges drop for every party/raid member right?

As far as dungeons go, I don’t expect a lot of items reserved, except maybe a couple trinkets and the Primal Nether. Tanks in particular don’t need DPS items the same way they do in Classic unless they’re DPS chars tanking (which is still not very common since, early on, you need the prot spec to survive and, later on, you wouldn’t need the drops anyway). I mean yeah, as a tank you might want to reserve Sun Eater or w/e if you’re afraid of ninjas, but… that’s just MS prio stuff.

Raids ofc will be a different story - expect Gruul pugs to regularly have DST reserved, for example. Or Kara runs with enchant recipes reserved. But that’s par for the course - if you don’t like this, join a guild or something.

I would like to see Drums from LW nerfed , or add a 10 min debuff like in retail. Nochanges sucks as classic has proven

3 Likes

Sad to say, you cant experience the first time twice. Doesn’t matter what blizzard do or not.

This is my view: An authentic experience is highly subjective, therefore more or less impossible to achieve in an mmo.

Classic was nothing as I remembered it back in the days, this can both be the game’s “fault”, or the fact that I am much older and had a different goal this time.

Tbc will be the same for me, I will have a blast nonetheless (not with personal loot tbh). Why? Because I’m going to play it with my irl buds and guildies, they are what makes the experience to me the most, not if blizzads gives seal of blood to alliance, nerf everything down to the bone etc.

Tbc will doubtly be perfect, I assume people will run Gdkp, sell arena rating, boosting to some degree etc, much like in retail, still with all this in classic, I’ve had a great time since release.

2 Likes

I do believe that TBC should start with the latest patch. Mainly because it fixes soo many things that were broken in earlier patches. Though I do believe some changes should be made:

• Raids and dungeons should be pre-nerf. (Maybe do nerfs when the Phase is over, or after 2 phases??)
  • Raids should be gated to phases like in Classic Vanilla.
  • Attunements should be in (But maybe be account wide if possible?)
  • Drums should outright be removed. it would just make content too easy.
  • Paladins(H) + Shamans(A) should be released like a month early. So people wanting to play those classes can enjoy the TBC experience with their guildmates from lvl 60 at launch
  • Introduce the layering thing again for at least the start. (But find some solution to people switching layers (like add a long CD)

QOL:

• Dual spec, maybe? But maybe unlock it at a steep price. (A convenience thing for a couple K gold, so you basically pay up front).
1 Like

It will be 1.14.2, mark my words.

80 Haste rating doesn’t make or break the content, and some of the bosses in later TBC (especially M’uru, at least pre-nerf) were more or less tuned with LW in mind. At least, the guilds that downed it back then did spam drums too.

It’s really not any different from claiming, I dunno, that flasks make the content “too easy”, or that Bloodlust does. And both things give an equal or bigger boost than drums do

Spamming drums really will be only for the parsers. I was there in TBC and cleared all content, server first on alliance side. We had just 2 hunters using drums. Everyone else just had whatever professions they wanted. So no, it is not Needed. But probably it is best, yeah.

Oh my sweet summer child. This is 2021 not 2007.

I feel like certain changes would make it feel more “authentic” than the current Classic model.

One of which I wish they did in Classic, which would’ve been to increase the raid difficulty, we had spell batching to imitate our bad internet back in 2004, so why not have higher difficulty raids to imitate how much worse the playerbase was back in the day compared to now? And I don’t mean that as a dig.

It’d make the game more challenging. In Classic, apart from Naxx, it was mostly faceroll, I know TBC was harder but I really would like to see pre nerf raids or just straight up harder boss fights, and I don’t mean just add more hp to the bosses, increase their damage too!

I wouldn’t mind Sated coming into TBC too to stop Bloodlust chaining but I guess we’ll see, I feel like that’s more niche than I think it is. Something to address how Drums of War will work too, again it just makes content trivial, but is this something every guild is going to demand or will it just be again, a niche thing that only happens here and there? Personally I want to run Enchanting/JC on my main so that would help with that massively.

But all in all, I just want the raids to feel more challenging, I would love to not just walk into to Kara and faceroll it, I hate to compare to private servers but it does seem that slightly buffing the content helps a lot with the longevity of a server, so it might be worth a look on Blizz’s end. On top of that, those heroics need to feel challenging, I’m all for speed running, but not when my gear is pretty mediocre, I want to struggle with 5 mans, at least until I’m geared enough to roll them, which at that point they’re just used to make gold anyway really.

Also progressive patches. Please, please please! It wasn’t in Classic and it just took away some of the magic. One example would be in P1: keep our attunements requiring revered with the reputations linked to their respective dungeons for the heroic keys, a few phases down the line reduce it to honored like we did back in TBC, else again it just trivialises the whole experience and you’ll have people ready to raid by just hitting 70.

Personally there is a lot I would change, not for QoL or anything, but just making it feel as challenging as TBC felt like back in the day, personally I find when the content is harder, the rewards feel more, well… Rewarding!

Because batching is something the game natively had, so it’s something everyone experienced regardless of their personal connection (even though the batching we got in Classic doesn’t quite feel like the one in Vanilla in many ways). But “how much worse the playerbase was” depends on who you’re considering - not everyone has been playing this game for years (either on pserver or Retail) since 2006, and that’s not something the game should account for. While there’re guilds that cleared Naxx week 1, for example, there’re also guilds that’re still progressing through it. Heck, there’re guilds that haven’t killed C’thun yet. Let them have the same challenge their pals had 15 years ago.

And this is just about the most dumb and stupid way you could increase an encounter’s difficulty. It’d just push the game more and more towards meta comps. That’s why additional difficulties in the actual game (from WotLK onwards) revolve more around mechanical complexity rather than just “numbers”.

It doesn’t, 80 Haste/Spell Haste is about 5%, it doesn’t really make or break encounters unless you were already a short step away from beating it.

You can always run JC on an alt, it’s not like the bonuses from gems are that significant by TBC standards. Heck, even Enchanting is largely superflous, +8 stats or +24 spell dmg isn’t a lot in TBC.

The comparison with pservers is a moot point, since they’re not representative of Classic’s population at large. Most of the playerbase on Classic either comes from Retail or are returning players. Very few of them (except for the most hardcore servers) have been regular pserver players. A buffed SSC like we’ve seen on some pservers, with 8M HP Leotheras and stuff like that, would just make most players quit in outrage.

Do you really want to have world buffs in phase 1, and every raid up to Mount Hyjal active so we can basically do more than half the expansion’s content in the first few weeks? I don’t

Personally a lot of your ideas are horrible and thankfully will never happen.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean it as dig, players during vanilla were on average worse of a player than they are today, rpg’s weren’t exactly new when WoW came out but a lot of people were very new to it all, as other than everquest, they weren’t really part of the mainstream as such, and also maybe star wars too.

How is it? Increasing the HP sure, increasing the damage done requires people to be more geared to not take as much damage, it keeps people raiding to get said gear instead of rolling over it. You couldn’t add new mechanics as that would take it away from what the raid was at the time, unless they bring heroic out, which they probably wont, it’s the only way to do it, so it’s not really that dumb at all considering their options.

It does break encounters, when everyone is demanded to have it by say their guild, or the current meta, 5% per player is a hell of a lot of damage.

I shouldn’t have to run it on an alt, that’s my point, being forced into one profession just because the meta demands it is a bit of a bummer.

It’s not a moot point at all? Look at some of the more popular pservers and some of them rival what we have today. Sure, don’t overdo it, there’s no need to go sky high on HP, I agree, that was a poor option choice of mine earlier in the post, but saying that we can’t take anything from what private servers have achieved is just ignorance. Some of it was done wrong, again, I completely agree, but even if you just look at the Vanilla pservers, there was a better raiding experience on a few of those, as it felt more challenging, especially if you look at the one’s that brought Classic into being. And of course there were a few bugs here and there.

Okay I should have addressed this further, World Buffs, hell no. Phases which progress certain things, having the end patch talents in P1 just doesn’t help the game at all, having the end patch itemization doesn’t help either.

I feel like you’re taking this way too personally, these were ideas, which was literally what the post asked for, I gave some, I guarantee none of them ever happen, but have a nice day nonetheless.

Playing a Paladin and always favoring Alliance over Horde I must admit I wouldn’t mind it happening (I’d be glad tbh) but I wouldn’t be asking for.

uff u never played tbc didnt u like the tbc right now

No changes!

We see how good it went from our experience in Classic and we need to reproduce this success in BC :’)!

Based on that i want:

• no action against gold buying
  • no action against botting
  • no personal loot
  • nerfed content (last patch). Want fat and fast loot.
  • class stacking, only meta specs accepted. Rest is memes and to be laught at.
  • no gold reset
  • no lfd / lfr. Need to discriminate memes. They should not be allowed to play the game.
  • GDKP meta from start.

Worth watching: How NoChanges Massively Changed Classic WoW

:slight_smile:

Still spreading false news?

Classic was FAR from any form of #nochanges.

• Servers are 10 times bigger
  • Resources (herbs/mining nodes) spawn wasn’t adjusted accordingly
  • AV was in his latest form which means it wasn’t the incarnation that stood up for most of Vanilla

I don’t know if you realize how much these things drastically changed what Vanilla-like really meant.

1 Like

World buff meta, speedrunning, class stacking, lack of bot banning. That doesn’t depend on realm size or AV version.

Surely the playerbase has changed a lot especially in its attitude but we all got forced into min maxing because we have no resources and the “community feeling” is being dampened by how colossaly big servers are. In Vanilla was a lot easier to report bots and scammers too.

Also another HUGE change, Blizz Devs asked CMs and GMs not to intervane for ingame issues.