TBC gold reset

This is absolutely necessary.

The mage and hunter class are capable of tremendous gold generation and it is not unlikely that a great number of players have gold in values above 5 digits easily.

If all this gold makes it into TBC the market will have hundreds of monopolies from day one and prices will be astronomic due to control of the supply by the vanilla tycoons.

Let the players remake their fortune in the course of TBC, not inherit it from vanilla. Determination can just as easily remake fortunes, but atleast even the playing field!

Let us take in e.g. 2k/gold per lv 60 character. That is fair.

GREAT RESET FOR TBC!

37 Likes

Not happening

9 Likes

Yes, let’s create a situation where those botting or buying gold are the only ones able to afford stuff.
Let’s create a situation where buying gold gives an even bigger advantage than it does today.
Let’s create a situation where the demand for buying gold is even higher than it is now.
Let’s create a situation where gold selling becomes even more profitable.
Let’s create a situation where honest players falls weeks or months behind those buying gold.

Brilliant idea!

A gold reset is pointless until Blizzard gets rid of the majority of the bots and gold buyers.

27 Likes

My goal is to have 6k gold when tbc hits so i focus my efforts at grinding, why should i be punished for puttning in effort?

Every class have atleast a 100g/h farm stop beeing lazy.

12 Likes

ditto
It’s the only reason for me to log outside raids anymore. Farming for instant epic flying and hopefully some buffer to help me buy mats for crafted tailoring sets. Reseting my gold… I would consider it a spit in my face from Blizzard. Would never ever pay them another cent.

5 Likes

ohh, guess you have no idea how often gold is bought now-a-days… both classic and retail… it’s basicly a new norm.

warrior says hello!!
lets try again.

Resetting the gold would mean to give all the power in the bots and gold sellers hands once again because ppl will have to start farming all over from the start.

The reason ppl are still farming like mads (other than saving enough to get epic flight instantly) is to afford the consumables to raid, in TBC this is less of an issue and thus forcing ppl to start form 0 again means that they will most likely rely on the gold sellers moneys because of how hard will be to farm with alll the bots aorund.

people will allways buy gold, since people now-a-day are lazy. (generally speaking ofc)
resetting people to, lets say, 3k gold max per char, still enough to get sh1t done, and not enough to lure people into another round of constant botting in the zones.

Have they even announced a tbc server?

The classic server had probably more support than a tbc will ever have.

Why?

The classic and tbc server wouldn’t be on the same server.

Erm…no!

So since it’s already the norm, we should encourage everyone to do it? That’s pretty much what you are saying.

Thats my point. Not allowing honest players to bring their gold to TBC will only punish the honest players, noone else.

What the hell makes you think people will be content with 3k starting gold, and therefore not continue buying/botting? With 1k gold from leveling to 70 that’s still 2k off an epic flying mount. And that’s before even starting leveling professions, crafted gear, enchants and gems.

1 Like

pogchampius

no, what i’m saying is that if you reset peoples gold, then they are even more inclined to bot/buy gold.
us honest players, that farm our own gold, we’re constantly screwed untill blizz hires more actuall gm’s to look through logs etc etc.

my main point here is, that blizz should do more to handle the botting/gold buying.

2 Likes

1/10 bad bait. isn’t even enough for stonescale eels.

3 Likes

Warrior main here: I have no trouble farming gold.

Which is good, because my consumable costs are quite high.

Lets try again.

Goldfarming before a new expansion happens every time a new expansion is announced and it’s never been a problem.

4 Likes

I doubt a gold reset will happen.

2 Likes

More likely if even TBC will happen - it will be on fresh realms. So we again will start from scratch.

Do DM jump runs with a healer. It’s good gold for you as a warrior.