TBC HYPE TBC HYPE! Share your experiences and why you want TBC servers back?

My fondest memories are doing the attument quests and raiding Serpent shrine cavern. I loved it really, also gruuls lair was awesome, and netherstorm is my favorite zone!

3 Likes

I really enjoy Kara. Not too challenging, just a fun little few hours to shoot the excrement with mates, go with dumb specs, never have to wear pants. Disc priest was fun in TBC. I guess the main thing in TBC was that it was fun. I played all of wrath and didn’t really have much fun, my guild was what kept me coming back. Cata is just garbage, fun has been nerfed, nay, banned from Cata to the point that not even fun with guildies isn’t gonna bring me back.

4 Likes

Many people enjoy it, i think you don’t because you are a casual backpaddling andy and cata is just complex for you, in that case you should stick to era and if you are lucky enough to rerelease TBC but only do Kara in tbc and noting else the other things might be hard for you like pvp or raiding Black Temple.

1 Like

And that’s absolutely okay.

Beyond everything that I had the privilege to experience during two seasons of TBC, there are some things that make TBC my favourite addon by far.

As always with WoW balance is an issue, But it is less prominent in my view then in other addons. I also liked the way they implemented supporting roles.

I wish they could release the game without the mana boost that was introduced with Sunwell by mulitplication of intellect and spirit back then. In my view this was one of the worst balancing decisions Blizzard has ever made. Obviously they wanted the game to take another direction back then. Just as obviously this would require rebalancing Sunwell. Not going to happen. But still…

I like the game play better, when mana does matter. When the resource is scarce, when every cast matters and you have to play with cooldowns and time. As a consequence I also favour long bossfights.

TBC has a decent mixture of this most of the time.

In the open world I very much like the way the PvE environment can mess with you. Inattentive for a moment? Ha, got you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:! Most difficult (or group) quests can be done with two players. Doable when teaming up with another player, but very hard to solo. Love that.

The music is really awesome. I just love it.

My favourite zones, for different reasons obviously, are Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarshes, Nagrand and Terrokar Forrest including the Bone Wastes.

Netherstorm is ok overall, I like the mobs and quests there and the environment is ok. Shadowmoon Valley direly needs better graphics. Blades Edge Mountains is mostly bad design in my view. Though Gruul’s Lair is funny, especially Maulgar.

Also professions matter more in TBC. A good thing.

Back in 2007/2008 I had fun playing a priest in all three specs. Disc was an exceptional healer in five player dungeons. Back then I was also part of a regular group consisting of a warrior tank, 3 ferals and me as shadow. I used to skill fear just for the hero runs :laughing:. No dedicated healer. God we had a blast!

That fun was the best thing during TBC back then. Those times won’t come back. Still it’s the outstanding addon to me.

And yes, I want it back. Permanently.

3 Likes

Finding really cool and unorthodox ways to solo elite quests, such as killing the Big Bone Worm by kiting a Clefthoof to the entrance of Archindoun, summoning the worm, and then hiding behind the entrance to break LOS.

Or soloing Durn The Hungerer on a Warlock by enslaving an Elite Felguard from the demon area.

Karazhan obviously. One of the few raids I truly enjoy.

Farming for the Ebon Netherscale craftable armor set on my Hunter - Literally weeks of mote farming in Nagrand and Hellfire, followed by the incredible sense of achievement when you actually make the set.

Doing the Netherwing dailys and finally getting what I still consider to be the coolest flying mount in the game.

3 Likes

no thx, don’t want

Only WOTLK.

Wrath is still fresh in player memory, wrath server converted to cataclysm 6 month ago. And vanilla wow still exist on multiple server (era, sod, hardcore)

I think a fresh TBC make the most sense at this point of time.

2 Likes