TBC PvP gearing easy solutions

1. Bonus honor gain events like in the prepatch.
  2. Fix the honor system, there has been proof that the honor calculations are way way off from back in the original iteration of the game. I even vaguely remember myself that it didnt take this long to farm gear.
  3. Implement the reputation sets early, tomorrow if possible lol.
  4. Cross faction queuing for Horde players that are getting double scammed with 1hour queue times AND terrible honor gains.

Something needs to done asap to fix this, the forums are spammed everyday with people begging you to do something but we get no response.

The full PvP set requires almost 200,000 honor. That is an absurd amount of playtime required that we gamer dads do not have.

Please do something Blizzard, it will benefit the whole pvp community and maybe you will stop leaking subscribers.

4 Likes
  1. Arena Pass 150k honor 50€ in the WoW shop

There is no fix. Game is supposed to take time. TBC is not retail with free epics/blues thrown at players.

2 Likes

no one is asking for free epics/blues.
the amount of honor gained is not the problem here.

That means you don’t deserve these items.

5 Likes

You know in last week I did played 5 evenings 6-8h per day and got roughly 7K honor so at this rate obtaining even the rare gear takes about 25-28 weeks give or take pvp weekends.

Time and effort here doesn’t quite match up at all.

1 Like

Most of this time was you sitting in queue - time that could also be used efficiently on something. In other words, you weren’t really doing pvp for 6-8h if you don’t count the queue time.
Queue time is a horde problem so i don’t care ^^ Play alliance if you want short queues.
Still it takes many bg’s to get an item and that’s pretty much alright.

That’s correct, here’s what I wrote to the other topic Simple solution to the TBC BG's queues - #56 by Bulkki-bloodfang

TLDR: multiboxing while waiting on queue on multiple chars, running dungeons or solo leveling meanwhile just for the sake of doing something if you don’t that much even would like to play the given char at the given time isn’t solution either, just a way to get burnt out

1 Like

You could have made an alliance paladin instead of a bloodelf.

Merc mode and dual spec should not be in tbcc in my opinion.

3 Likes

Right, when having 10+ irl friends playing horde on same server of course rolling alliance alone would solve everything

Rolling alliance with a group of friends seems like fun.
I rerolled from horde to alliance in classic phase3 because qeueue times for horde was already high. Since most of my friends want to play pvp, we all rerolled together.

I currently play Alliance, even with quick queues the honor gains are terrible. 800-1000 honor per hour if im lucky. So that would be 20ish hours of playtime to purchase a blue pvp chest piece that will be replaced in the next 4 weeks anyway… Just isnt very appealing and is driving people away from the game

The problem is that most of alliance players don’t want to bother with pvp. The queues for hordes are long even on servers where the horde/alliance ratio is close to 50%/50%.

Queues for Horde was long even in vanilla TBC. Around 30 min from what I remember on the most populated EU server. TBC classic should be as close to the Vanilla experience as possible.

The problem is that the Alliance participation in BGs is to low. This is because:

1. Player rolled horde for PVP and Alliance for PVE because the internet meta told them to do so.
  2. Alliance experience of PVP during Vanilla and lvling in TBC has been 1vs10.
  3. Alliance BG experience is that 1/3 of the team go afk as soon as the team falls behind

The only solution that wont completly break the whole TBC experience would be to give Alliance greater rewards for winnning a BG. The same solution they have for dungeonfinder when Healers or Tanks are to few.

The only solution Hordes have is to queue for AV and stop the turtling/defending so AV matches end fast with towers being destroyed (because they are not defended). This would increase participation for Alliance alot and queues would be alot shorter for Hordes and honor/h would be much higher. This was Hordes solution during Vanilla TBC.

Honor grind in Vanilla TBC was slow and the fastest way to get honor was spamming AV which ended in 15 min becuase noone was defending or turtling. You only did the other BGs for daily quest or if you needed the marks.

Ye I suggest we lower honor gain to 1 Honor point for every BG so people can actually deserve that gear … let them divorce, let them quit job and abandon their children so they can farm entry level PvP gear in 15yo old game.

Ye meanwhile there are already people with almost bis PvE gear which took them like 20 hours to acquire :smiley:

Its absurd. Quality of PvP items doesn’t correspond with how much effort you need to get them.

This only shows how clueless TBC developers were back then in this particular area of gameplay.

It was fine back then pvp players were on both sides. Now they are mostly only horde.

Im sorry but even on alliance this grind doesn’t correspond with the quality of items. I truly think PvE and PvP gearing paths should be balanced and it should take similar amount of time to gear up in both of these areas. Right now PvP gearing requires you to spend like 10 times more in-game time to get geared than PvE gearing. And its entry level PvP gear we are speaking about not including arena gear.

Its almost impossible for an average player to farm full PvP set within a reasonable amount of time so he has a chance to compete in ranked PvP. There is also no chance for PvP alts.

If WoW wants to be successful it needs to be tuned around average player (those who play 2-3 hours a day), not around players who play 24/7 which is like 5% of playerbase.

That’s quite accurate, I’ve been level 70 for last 2 resets and currently have 8 items from Karazhan and what that took in total like 8 hours.

No. Weekends are already in, that’s enough.

Would have to be investigated but I have a suspicion people played in later patches and are remembering wrong.

Sure, whatever.

No, that would further skew the faction balance. Horde can wait or reroll.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.