Testing Adding Damage Reduction to PvP

And elemental shamans with WOE. I think it’s still not okay that classes that deal damage like a glass cannon can play with an OP tank passive like WOE. Let’s give such a passive to an arcane mage as well, etc…

1 Like

So you want one of the best fully specialized 1vs1 (vs melee only) builds for lock to just crumple and die without any resistance?

Locks usually defend solo for a reason they are good at it if specced right, if not specced right they are the worst. See it’s a lock, request help and 2vs1 it…

Bait drain life, run away, break drain life and GG

Will they?! :slight_smile:
I do not think so, they already did +10% flat dmg buff to shadow priest. Now they will have to disperse only when surrounded.

I know how to kill demo lock 1v1, it’s not about that. Locks can defend objectives vs rogues very good, they have absorb, sap do not work, due to demo form, or having pet who will attack when see me, can use that fire dmg aura, it breaks stealth etc I accept all that, it is fine. Maybe you will understand what I mean when this change goes live. I am not arguing agains specific class/spec, but how they get affected by given change. No need to feel offended.
Peace!

maybe now its time for sad-(gladiator)-stance-shield-slam-performance

Idk but we didnt kill people in a stunlock on Classic era too, only noobs. So its no problem because we know how to play without that :smiling_face::yawning_face:

1 Like

Rogue cannot kill good geared and skilled player in 1 stun lock, it takes all our CDs, and it is not guaranteed.
Peace!

1 Like

nah dw boomy & sp still gonna be rock bottom atfer the patch you’re fine as a melee :slight_smile:

50% is too much. Healers will be immortal at this point.

Maybe 15-25% at max

ah you gotta use gouge restealth and stuff not spam mutilate rip rogues

1 Like

Fixed your post, you have 2-3 counters and people have to specifically spec into it or/and play the class. You eat the rest for free and without any counterplay to the stunlock you do.

Yes, untill now most ppl died to rogue suddenly and pain free, or kill them just as fast if they fail.
Now ppl will die to rogue more slow and painfuly, watching how theirown health bar goes low and nothing can be done, because even something goes bad for rogue, he will survive, come back and make the game miserable.
Peace!

Noobs will always die to rogues and since we know you lack a lot of pvp skill, your input is kinda irrelevant

2 Likes

Rogue players will always be trolls, since we know how bad the average forum rogues are and still need to l2p, your input isn’t needed.

3 Likes

According to your full work time crying on forums, it seems like you are one of those noobs, who we can kill effortlessly, just like you pointed out. Good to have you around for less expirienced rogues to can practise and get some free kills.
Peace!

1 Like

I welcome this chance or at least I want to see how this aura plays out. I played healer since phase one and priest was quite strong, hence the 20% nerf to our healing. Then phase 2 rolled around and more runes were introduced making a lot of classes more bursty, but the healing stayed the same - not to mention that warlocks gained curse of tongues (50% increase cast time to all abilities) rogues have the same as a poison and also have a poison to reduce healing effects. Warriors have a mortal strike which reduce all healing effects by 50%.

The damage has gotten out of control and something has to be done. I have done a lot of BG’s and world pvp and I can tell you that healing is extremely annoying due to how fast everyone dies.

I do hope this is a step in the right direction.

I generally like your Idea, however please keep in mind what classes will benefit and get hit by this change and adjust accordingly!

Classes which are already strong, Shamans, Boomkin, Shadow/Hpriest will benefit a lot from this while classes like: Feral (!), Warri (Rage generation), Rogue will get hit by this.

In SOD you seem to not care about the pvp balancing, but there are many people who love pvp and would like to see some pvp balancing changes.

Some classes are not even able to play pvp properly, like Feral who has to attack from behind which is not even possible in many cases, got hit by mangle nerf and likes to burst which will be reduced. Classes like that will transit from very bad, to troll tier.

The disparity between a good class and a bad one was already too high and its getting even bigger.

There are many possible changes which will improve the pvp viablilty of a spec without affecting pve too much.

Please dont forget to re-balance specs for pvp. Thank you very much!

1 Like

And how do you plan to kill people if you do even less damage? When all your CDs aren’t enough you’ll just crumble like paper.

Everyone will do less dmg.
At the moment issue is that everyone is doing too much dmg.
Rogue is CD dependant class, we are not supposed to can beat everyone. It was used to be strong vs clothies and low armor classes to some degree, and ofc vs players who are not good at pvp, which gives em illusion that rogue is most OP and broken class.
The strongest perk of rogue is the oprtunity to control a fight, having advantage of opener is that what changes everything.
Those, who cannot understand that will always live in illusion about rogues.
It is not like we runing around with no stealth and 2 shoting ppl. Many classes can do that, shamans doing it for 2 phases.
It is not too complicated to can make proper judgement without discussion looking like trolling.
Peace!

Warriors have been terrible in pvp all of sod. I think it would be a good idea to give warriors rage generation as if they were dealing and taking the dmg without the pvp dmg modifier.