Thalyssra is a terrible ruler

Hey guys!

First Arcanist Thalyssra, is honestly the worst of the nightborne, saying this as a Nightborne main!

I think a Nightborne ruler should be classy, powerful, and a bit smug.

Thalyssra in my opinion had great character development till the end of the Nighthold!

What happened after:

1.Sided with the Horde cause “Tyrande was mean to her” (Don’t get me wrong Im fine that Nightborne joined the Horde, I’m not fine that it was so poorly done)

1. After Suramar is still recovering from the Legion’s influence, she decided to go into a faction that’s starting a war.

2. After overthrowing Elisande, literally the tyrant, she sided with the Horde after what… Visit with Blood Elves? Umm, she couldn’t check if the Horde leader was in perhaps terrible tyrant named Sylvanas? Umm, any memory of Elisande Thalyssra? Seems like her memory is rather short…

3. Thalyssra: “I want Nightborne to be defenders of Azeroth, not conquerors”

Sylvanas: “Wanna conquer Kalimdor”
    Thalyssra: “Sure, why not”

4. After joining with the Horde, hmm what was the best thing to do, oh yeah commit a genocide to their racial siblings!

5. becoming an ruler of Suramar and the Nightborne, she decided to throw away the whole race, in short story " A Moment in Verse" Nightborne are literally there parting all night…Ugh… I know Nightborne like Arcwine, but weren’t they supposted to be classy and a bit smug…

6. In 8.3, after they all confirmed that there will be no Warchief, rulers of other Horde races were talking how much war influence them and their people…
    Thalyssra said… "Ah Lor’themar after this war is finally over, u can’t dodge me anymore and lets bang in Suramar he heee"

Sorry for this little rant I had to get it off my chest ahh, feels good!
Also I don’t say I don’t like Nightborne as a race, its my favorite race! I just don’t like Thalyssra like some Night Elves don’t like Tyrande.

25 Likes

It’s funny because Tyrande wasn’t even rude to her. The only time they interacted, Tyrande only pointed out Thalyssra’s blatant similarities with Elisande and Azshara, and remarked how she too could fall from grace one day. That’s a fairly reasonable point.

Looks like Tyrande was right for once lol, since nightborne troops helped Sylvanas wage her little campaign of destruction against the night elves.

22 Likes

Well I honestly think Tyrande is a bit mean, but she had a fair point! Because we all know that Kal’dorei (Elves) leaders do get corrupted with power really fast…
Azshara, Elisande, Kea’thas etc!
I kinda feel why she had doubts!

3 Likes

Tyrande is so mean ! proceeds to a crying fest with Liadrin (who lies) and joins the Horde !
Thalyssra did not even protest after witnessing the many crimes of Sylvanas and the disgusting Horde during BFA ! She is indeed a mediocre leader at best who would have been extinct alongside her devolved Nightborne if not for the Arcan’dor fruit.

7 Likes

Liadrin: “My people fought for this world while Night Elves hid in their trees!”

Actually Night Elves stopped the Burning Legion from evading Azeroth, TWICE!
Liadrin what did u do, what world did you fought for, maybe for your own race, maybe…But the only thing that she can say that she fought for was Kil’jaeden at Sunwell, which is probably just because u want to save ur precious sunwell and not actually save the world…
Night Elves literally sacrificed their immortality to stop Archimonde!

13 Likes

Thalyssra is another victim off bad blizzard writing, with both the alliance and horde saving her ash in legion, it already would make no sence for her to pick favorites. but the reason they picked to make her choose a side was just extremely lazy.

They could have picked many reasons, genn and his shadow war against the horde. si-7 being up to shady stuff. are already two easy reasons. but tyrande hurting her feelings is what they went with…

2 Likes

Why do people say Tyrande “hurt her feelings” when in fact she pretty much tells Thalyssra she doesn’t trust her, implying she wouldn’t want the Nightborne as allies.

Say what you want about joining the Horde, but joining the Alliance wasn’t really an option.

2 Likes

The way you say things it sure feels like nightborne were initially planned to join alliance but for some reason it didn’t happen. Again it’s weird that void elfs join alliance since they deal with the void which is a big no no, usually those kind of things align more with the horde, since they are more tolerant when races use dangerous stuff.

1 Like

Alleria is the Void Elves’ leader and she hates the Orcs so she wouldn’t want to join the horde.

It’s a pretty recurring theme that allied races join this or that faction over minor disagreements. You put pineapple on pizza? Well, I guess I have no choice but to commit my people to all out war against you and anyone who supports you.

9 Likes

I mean where is the minor disagreement here? I take this topic very seriously, pineapple on a pizza sounds a warcrime to me.

1 Like

it’s because that’s all we have to go on, is what blizzard gives us. it’s why i call her a victim off bad writing.
Both the Alliance and horde send a huge army to suramar to help her. many night elfs and blood elfs died to save her and the nighfallen.

There is no reason for her to pick a side because both the horde and alliance helped her in her time off need.

we could have had something like si-7 or the worgen using fake propaganda or something to try and pursuade her into picking the alliance side, her finding out and choosing the horde instead because off it.

instead off that all we have to go on is that tyrande, was rightfully sceptical off the nightfallen becacuse all their former leaders joined the enemy’s side for personal gains. that’s why we say she joined the horde because Tyrande hurt her feelings.

5 Likes

The thing here is that the Void Elves were not loyal to the Horde, but loyal to Quel’thalas. They only tolerated being a part of the Horde due to the Blood Elves at large being Horde, but when Silvermoon “turned their backs” on the Void Elves they had no reason to remain with the Horde.

Yeah that one is quite weird.
But do remember that Blood Elves are High Elves… the High Elves actually prevented a legion invasion much earlier than in the Third War, when the humans were first taught magic.
Then we of course had the first and second war in which the High Elves participated.

Night Elves were hiding in their trees both times… but to be fair… both of these events never reached Kalimdor, so /shrug.

No other Horde leader but Baine and Saurfang did… for obvious reasons… it was a part of blizzard’s story.

Not really exclusive to these races.
Happens to all the races.

So no, that is not a point to be made.

Sadly that was not the plan that the Horde leaders were fed. As a matter of fact, none of the Horde leaders were told the details of the plan. All they likely knew was that the Horde army was going to Silithud.

Only Baine was hinted to have known the truth, counting Horde leaders outside of Saurfang, Sylvanas and Nathanos.

Seems like you had some unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes

What I’m saying is, with Tyrande and probably many Night Elves in general opposing the idea, the Alliance probably wouldn’t try to recruit the Nightborne.

Well Tyrande makes it pretty obvious to her the Alliance isn’t an option. The Nightborne can either join the Horde or try to remain neutral.

Saying “Tyrande hurt her feelings” is ridiculous and an exaggeration at best.

1 Like

I wonder how much that would help, and it may have risked causing an even deeper cliff between the Nightborne and the Alliance.

Consider this.

The Blood Elves’ Blood Knights and Magisters actually made up the core of the combined army that assaulted Suramar.

Tyrande and her sentinels would be no good on a battlefield like this, and were thus better off used as scouts in which they excelled - Liadrin’s words. Tyrande herself also preferred to have the Nightborne fight the battle themselves, while the Blood Elves went into the ordeal 100%.

Vereesa and her High Elves proved themselves rather unrelieable, with Vereesa being so fixated on revenge against the Horde, that no one truly trusted them to protect the flank, Vereesa herself having to be stopped by Khadgar multiple times, with her attempts at killing Rommath.

The Alliance representatives in this case, that would be the Night Elves and to an extend the High Elves, have proven themselves to be very unrelieable allies already, while the Blood Elves proves that they can be trusted, relied on and far friendlier for that matter.

Propaganda against them could easily be exposed as propaganda considering the impressions that each race gives.

2 Likes

Except that one side has elves that have gone through a very similar mana draught phase, have therefore more understanding of the nightborn situation and can far better help them through it.

You don’t even need to consider Tyrande to see that in Thalyssras position you 100% want to secure Silvermoons full support for your people.

I didn’t know that Thalyssra could see into the future and know that. Nor would I believe that Sylvanas would discuss that with her. The nightborne joined the Horde in a time of peace. They didn’t choose a side in a war nor did they choose to fight their just recent helpers. They merely joined the faction that could help them the most and then honored their allegiance when that faction went into war.

Not gonna lie that annoyed me. She reminds me of Elisande when she roasted them all.

It’s funny because Tyrande, Vereesa and Liadrin were all there to fight Elisande together.

Elisande: Kaldorei. You disgrace a glorious past, hiding in trees and cloaking yourselves in false piety. You have grown as savage as the trolls that skulk about your Forrests”

Me: well… Trolls are your ancestors.

Elisande: Quel’dorei. You are peasants playing at nobality. All to willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name High Elves”

Me: that shade was mostly towards Vereesa and Alleria.

Elisande: “Sin’dorei. Of all the elves I thought you might understand the choices I made to save my people. Instead you ally with misfits and Monsters”

Me: since when did the Orcs represent the Horde alone. Surely Taurens aren’t monsters or even monster looking.

Misfits. Monsters are probably the Forsaken. Besides, this is the Horde through Elisande’s eyes we’re talking about, all non elves are low races.

That and if you consider the past event the Kaldorei suffered from the highbrne it was more than temerate/wise to answer we wil see.

What just because they demand to be forgiven, Tyrande shoud agree and lt them in, traitrors are traitrors and crimes that weren’t punished or attuned deserves to atleast be put on demand !

Seems legit.