Thank you, but this is not for me

When WOTLK classic was announced I was hyped like crazy and couldn’t wait for the release. As I played WOTLK on PS for years, I imagined the Classic as an serious game upgrade compared to what I had. But the disappointment came very fast.

Every single change that Blizzard made to the OG was a complete fail, starting from game client, across the RDF, and finishing to the Ulduar changes.

Releasing the 3.0 content with 3.35 spells and talents was so bad that Ulduar became easier then OG Dungeons. Removing the RDF was a terrible idea that changed MMO to single player questing. Adding the northerend supply bags was also terrible and the emblem quests, I don’t know how to call that, what where they thinking?

In addition, there are so many bugs that Private Servers can only laugh on retail, while it should be other way around. Character boosting, mounts, GDKP, all of that made the game pay to win, like literally, making it no different to PS. Bots everywhere? What the hell is this?

And finally, I read they will buff Ulduar items like crazy, which will destroy one of the most beloved and challenging raids. Which will later have impact on TOC and TOGC that will turn into a new Naxxramass classic.

There is a dozen more bad things such as locking realms that people got so frustrated of, and removing in game tickets and GM-s. All of that made this game an abomination to what the OG was and I look at it as the final blow to the Wrath of the Lich king that started with Shadowlands cinematic.

All we asked for was No Change. Like simply, NO CHANGE. Why change the winning team
?

No, I am not taking this, I just say farewell to you. To all the players I met I wish to have fun if they can playing game. But I am returning to good old PS, which is miles better representation of the OG Wrath, the game I love so much.

23 Likes

They did not remove RDF, they just never put it in before it’s time. But hopfully they never implement it as they said they would not. RDF came with ICC.

All the dungeons and achivements is from the late stages making everything super easy, wich is sad.

The buffed items like “crazy” no not really. Unless +3int +3crit and +3haste on an item is “buffed like crazy”.

2 Likes

Not really, people like the LFG tool, also QoL changes are really nice.

That was every iteration of classic so far, it takes too much manpower to release patches every so often, classic is not bringing in the money that is needed for team like that.

There are bugs, noone likes those, character boosting and mounts don’t really affect your gameplay in any way(private servers are much more P2W). GDKPs were also a thing on private servers, and I said before, almost every private server had donor P2W mechanics. Yea there are way too many bots, and that sucks.

Yes, they will buff the items and they will also scale up the raids to do x% more dmg and have x% more health because raids in WoTLK are piss easy, like i can play naxx and get 99 parses while scrolling tiktok. ToC and ToGC will also scale up and give us better gear.

They did the GM thing a while back, but if you open your WoW ticket as retail ticket,your ticket will be answred withing 10ish hours, they will help you but will also tell you to watch out the next time when you open the ticket to categorize it properly.

Never asked for that, content was way too easy, and the QoL was superbad at start of WoTLK.

Also by your name I can see you are from Balkan.

Pozdrav

1 Like

The games run on 3.3.5 as base and has basically every single other feature the game had at that time and will implement additional things that weren’t included. So lay off that dumb freaking argument.

We’re easy to please if the tool that’s somehow less functional version of the retail one pleases us.

2 Likes

I mean, we have 3.3.5 talents, dual spec, 1,5 s mount cast time, mount tab. Some of the argent tournament NPCs are already in the game.

So a lot of changes were already added.

Not a lot of people know this, but there was a version of this LFG tool back in WoTLK, it was super bad and noone used it, but it was still in game.
And LFG tool is doing ok.

1 Like

It does. But we still dont have ICC, ToC or Ulduar.

Claiming RDF is “supposed” to be in the game in P1 is just as dumb.

2 Likes

You’re going to get some hefty boomers biting at this, but most of it isn’t wrong.

1 Like

What does “OG” mean ?

Original.

10chars.

So, to sum up. The entirety of WotLK Classic is rubbish because of some changes to a single raid dungeon that you haven’t run yet, and lack of RFD?

Isn’t that a bit extreme?

I agree that removing RDF was a bad idea, and I agree that all the boost and P2W crap is garbage, but it’s nowhere near enough to stop me playing. I’m personally loving every moment of it, and I’ve yet to encounter any of these ‘game breaking bugs’ people talk about.

Is it not worth at least giving Ulduar a chance? Why do you play? For the fun and social aspect of running it with your friends, or merely for the challenge of doing something difficult and challenging?

Yes. I agree! You are rigth all the way except for RDF. We can hope it will come - as it would have done in a no-changes version - with ICC. But as it is now it is as near a mocking of the OG Wrath as we can get.
I don’t know anything about private servers, I’m not going there, I’m staying in Wrath Classic as long as the fun exceeds the ‘bugger-value’ of changes and bugs.

GL and HF.

1 Like

Ulduar isn’t out yet, and we’re getting the pre-nerf version.

Supply bags - dreadful. Emblem rewards? Great.

Only hardmode items, and everything is pre-nerf anyway.

He also has a problem with Blizzard’s mismanagement of bots and GDKP runs. Which is a completely fair shout, I can see why those would frustrate people.

Not even sure we asked for it, but even if we didn’t, Blizzard themselves said “NoChanges, and we mean NoChanges” except for minor quality of life changes.

Let’s face it, Vanilla Classic was true enough to this - to my own personal satisfaction anyway. TBC Classic also, except for the dumb removal of a load of emotes. WOTLK Classic has been hit by both the increase in retail players/kids/childish adults whining and complaining; and that Blizzard want to create a “new” product instead of doing what they promised they’d do, but like all games companies as of many many years, they’re soulless money milking demons.

1 Like

It’s the other way round for me. But hey! Maybe it’s just my old brain used to Everquest, Runescape and Vanilla that’s clouding my vision.

1 Like

Blizzard tried to stick to #nochanges for Classic, but had to step in for things like the fixed spawn points and spawn times on Black Lotus. I quite liked chronoboons too; they helped me keep my worldbuffs and still be able to play my main.

TBCC changes that came in were minor nerfs to content became huge butchering nerfs, as well as removal of attunements.

WoTLK is the perfect time for changes, because WoTLK itself was a time of experimentation. The end of WoTLK was much different and more refined than the beginning. If we follow minimal changes in WoTLK, we get Cataclysm with minimal changes and then once again, the game dies.

Hey may right or wrong in somethings he says, but his general idea is absolutely right. I can’t believe private servers do not just slightly but much more better job then blitz when its about wotlk

As can I. Certainly can’t argue with that. GDKP can GDIAF as far as I’m concerned, and I feel nothing but contempt for those who subscribe to it.

Wotlk classic is bad not because of changes but because lack of changes.
The game and community is basically a scam simulator.
Ninja looters, guild loot council scammers, gdkp scammers are everywhere. It’s basically p2w to gold sellers or get scammed.
Instead of fixing these major problems blizzard are making some dumb changes to ulduar loot that no one asked.

Plus with current server locks, no rdf, no exp buffs, lacking of new players and dragonflight release the game is gonna die very fast and ulduar patch will just give it few weeks of life support, so don’t worry it’s over very soon either way

1 Like

Only rly works if ICC lasts a full calendar year, which is a press X to doubt already. That said even i underestimated just how fast dungeons would become obsolete and basically limitted to the daily heroic.

The Authentic time to introduce it would be sometime between Ulduar and ToC, as that’s the likely halfway point of the xpac and ICC/RS are quite likely to need it otherwise we’re looking at a rerun of the SWP situation, where the game effectively starved itself out of an active playerbase.

Well yes, I only do / did not want RDF to be in from start, some reasonable time into the Wrath timeline is OK wih me, and your reasoning spound sound to me.