Thanks for making the game harder for under-geared players and players who didnt play the last patch of DF

Not getting a reward is not the same as getting punished.
If you didn’t do the work, you don’t deserve the reward.

1 Like

[quote=“Tah-earthen-ring, post:21, topic:531600, full:true”]

you are being punished for being under–geared (for a new expansion) AND for not playing enough to be level 80.

do you think its fun that on one day you kill a mob at a normal speed, but the next day the same mob is killing you ?

and by work you mean buying early access to rip the benefits :smiley:

2 Likes

i personally dont care about the EA, because i know myself. even if i bought EA, i wouldnt be level 80 by release.

but it does feel bad to be weaker out-of-nowhere.
and make no mistake about it. being weaker and over-geared, is not even close to being new player and get weaker. the difference of power is insanely large on the weakness scale.

No; I think you misunderstand the changes.
They’re nerfing how overpowered people with good gear are.
They’re going to be much closer to an undergeared person in power after the change.

So they’re not being punished at all.

At least; that is how I have understood the upcoming changes. We’ll see tomorrow, I guess.

Not at all: By work I meant getting good gear in DF as preparation for the expansion.
Because that was what his quote was about.

you are wrong.

1 Like

If the whole EA wasn’t going to be enough for you to get 10 levels, you don’t need to level fast. The expansion will have plenty of time for you to achieve your goals

Either way, this change will be cutting back on the ridiculousness of current power levels. You won’t be keeling over dead from a stiff breeze just because of the fix

We’ll see (remember that stuff scales in WoW).

The second character I leveled was a warlock barely 470, no tier set, no embellishments, no big trinkets, no gems, stats all over the place, mostly green and blue BoE gear. I was by no means over geared yet everything I touched was still falling over in a few hits, including bosses.

The issue was in scaling, not in overpowered gear.

One or two you say? All my guild has 4x 80 minimum,and thats within 2days.
Im the only pleb with 1max char

The game is literally broken with low level characters doing effectively millions of dps, it’s as bad as MOP Remix, it should have never shipped this way. The dungeons are still going to be easy, but maybe you can’t pull the entire dungeon and finish it in 3mins anymore, oh no.

It’s not about gear either, my 478 alt Warrior with some mixed S3 gear was also doing millions of dps, it didn’t really matter what gear you had below say level 75.

For anyone still wondering about gear being a factor, I just ran my -380- ilvl rogue that I haven’t played in ages through a TWW dungeon. I kept up perfectly fine, even took top damage in some pulls

True. I leveled my gnome tonight and she mostly had the standard remix gear that was handed out. And I was pulling bosses and grinding them down like crazy for a couple of levels.

I did love that though. I will miss it.

as GOOD as MoP Remix *

I do understand why they’re changing it though; even if I’m disappointed.

MOP Remix is a whole different game.
after my 3rd character in remix, i started to realize how to play remix correctly, and i saw the scaling wasnt a problem. it was a problem if you played the game wrong.

MOP Remix is not comparable to retail.

You’re missing the point. In Remix you finished dungeons in 2mins flat by using low level chars to boost because they did utterly broken dps, exactly the same here.

1 Like

Look, at the end of the day the change is needed and its right they do it.

They should have done it before release, no doubt about that.

It’s going to make some people “worse” off, we get it. Boohoo. It’s not going to change. Have your rant, get a tissue and have a cry. This change is the right thing to do.

1 or 2 lol try 4 - 5. There are people that leveled 10+ chars in the weekend

that is false.
people finished in 2 minutes because strong players who knew how to play always recruited low levels because it made the game easier for everyone on normal.
but under-geared players would still take time to finish.

if you leveled without upgrading your gear in remix, it got ridiculously harder every level (that is why you dont level through dungeons, but instead through raids, more bronze to upgrade gear).

anyway, retail is not remix.

Extremely overpowered items Hahaha u win the price of being a karen

Wushupanda = Tissuepanda ?