The Alliance wasn't hit hard enough yet

Why do i remember spending an abyssmal amout of time in Suramar.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be perfectly fine with the Horde eliminating say Tyrande if she atleast got to do something beforehand. Like razing Orgrimmar to the ground, utterly destroying it. Or atleast the Crossroads. I mean, if she is going down, she could atleast do something of note against the Horde. Garrosh destroyed Theramore and Nethergarde Keep before he was defeated and that is ignoring the other things in Cataclysm. Tyrande should get the same.

1 Like

You can take Orgrimmar and kill everyone inside. In return at least half of all alliance characters die. Preferable by the hands of Sylvanas for maximum salt.

all the neutral characters die :wink:

1 Like

Nethergarde and the horde outpost in the blasted lands were both destroyed by the iron horde.

Imagine having the luxury of actual having stuff big enough that you can lose. Friendly reminder all horde had until Cataclysm was mere outposts made of tents and mudhuts.

wow scale does not reflect lore scale those few tents was most likely thousands of tents :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now it all makes sence.

2 Likes

Thats like saying humans have nothing to lose, because Goldshire is like two houses and a mailbox.

As for the Iron Horde, that one was on Garrosh.

I think it speaks for itself how low the story has fallen that I actually find this option for story progress almost acceptable.

1 Like

100% glad that the fanbase has zero input to the story tbh.

9 Likes

There doesnā€™t need to be, Blizzard is perfectly capable of ruining it by themselves.

9 Likes

No additional demands btw. I never cared about wrecking alliance cities. Since I identify myself with characters first and places/zones last.

Lets faceit, she doesnā€™t have the best track record with boyfriends, does she?

I mean Kaelthas fancied her, and went bat guano crazy.

he was in a relationship with Arthas, who rather famously went Gaga.

She was in a relationship with Kalecgos who at one point was loony tunes (admittedly not his fault) and even then Kalecgos has dumped her anyway.

Has to be a point where all her relatinships end with ā€œItā€™s not you, itā€™s meā€ :stuck_out_tongue: Give the girl a breakā€¦

Err, thatā€™s not entirely how it went down. A few Renegade Sunreavers broke neutrality and nicked the Divine Bell, this being after Jaina had already broken it -twice-, By giving the Divine Bell to the Alliance, and at Theramore she had Kirin Tor fight for the Alliance, before anybody knew about the Mana Bomb. Aethas only found out what the Sunreavers had done, -after- they had done it, but feared Garroshā€™s anger more than Jainaā€™s (Boy did that turn out well) He never lied about it, he just didnā€™t volunteer the information.

As an aside, that actually happened to a character of mine at LARP, he too was a shining golden paladin,and our High was cursed by a powerful Undead entity named Artur My character being the Heroic character he was volunteered to take the curse from the High King, knowing it would mean his death, big set piece ritual, and the High King made a blooper "Brave Prince Idris, of all my subjects, I knew it would be you who would make such a sacrifice, I therefore pass on this Curse from Arthas " The irony being that my character started to turn into a Death Knight. Oh the irony.

I think the difference is that many, many Alliance fans would complain if the Alliance did bad stuff. Remember the screaming that the Purge wasnā€™t Evil? It was real. I mean the reason for the Purge was understandable, but killing civilians in their own homes and torturing others not so. Alliance fans did not like being painted in a bad light. Unfortunately because of that, Blizz are unlikely to do that.

-Some- Horde did, There was an RPPVP Campaign on AD, lots of Guilds, and the Sun Hawks were there, we were IC shocked at what happened and started airlifting as many Kaldorei children to safety from the Tree as it burned. Brigante regards it as an Atrocity, and it set his mind firmly against Sylvanas, making it plain that he was now loyal to the Regency first, Horde second. Which did not go down well with Die Hard Sylvanas hardliners. Lots of IC fallout came of that.

Also lets remember the Alliance -character- does murder a bunch of Kids in Dun Morogh, whose sole crime was being the wrong species, in their own lands.

Blood Elves -Horde- Kaldorei-Alliance, High Elves-Alliance. Nightborne-Neutral at the time (Before anyone goes Yeah but they turned on the Alliance! Well, so did the Lightforged Draenei, in both cases it was understandable)

I think what is meant is that if you look at the Vindicaar there is one neutral on it (Silgryn) one Horde (Liadrin) and they were tucked away belowdecks, Whereas the Alliance Guardians of the Galaxy were on the Bridge, you hadā€¦
Turalyon- Alliance
Alleria-Alliance
Vereesa-Alliance
Arator- Alliance
Velen- Alliance but willing to cooperate with the Horde against the Legion.
Khadgar-Neutral, but Alliance race.
Romuul-Alliance
Illidan- Neutral but Alliance race.

All the crew of the Exodar, check their Tabards. They were all Alliance Draenei.

You can see why the ending of Legion looked incredibly Alliance-centric.
Heck, even in Suramar there were two Alliance Races to one Horde race.

This must be the End of Days! That is the first thing I agree with you on. :slight_smile:

I mean even in the RTS games scaling was ridiculous. Apparently the Orcs left on ā€˜Three boatsā€™ supposedly, yet in the 'Landfall mission we see there were many more. It was scale. Likewise the one boat for the Goblins argument is false, That is just the -player characters- Experience, but by no means are the Horde the only ones to suffer this. In WC3 the Peasants live in houses that are too small for them, as do Knights from castles. It takes about 5 minutes to walk across Stormwind, Darnassus the same, Ironforge, Gilneas City The exodar (though that is a spaceship I guess, The same applies to Orgrimmar, Silvermoon and Undercity. The Visible populations of Stormwind and Orgrimmar are tiny in number.

Scaling is pretty much bunk. 90% of Blood Elves died to the Scourgeā€¦Have you seen the Size of Silvermoon! Even with the ruined half the city must have been ā€˜Standing Room onlyā€™!

I think that both have suffered heavily, some races more than others, Horde tend to do more property damage and numbers wiped out, Alliance tend to do more leadership damage, We might as well install a revolving door in Grommash Hold! It gets to something when Horde fans are like ā€œNo, please donā€™t put Lorā€™themar as Warchief, I like the character and if he is Warchief the Alliance will kill him in an Expac or two!ā€

Both sides get a spanking, just in different ways. Thing is, on Alliance in the WoW games, it is very rare that the Humans get a spanking, on Horde it is Orcs, It is always the other races that are pretty neglected, and take the brunt of the losses, major characters incapacitated or Killed.

I donā€™t think the Alliance need to suffer more, equally the Horde donā€™t. It seems like the very idea of a Warchief is off the menu, instead a Council, so effectively the Alliance have actually enforced regime change, not to a race, but an entire faction coalitionā€¦

1 Like

Legion losses: Tirion, Varian, Volā€™jin
And to the losses of BfA alone:
Sylvanas, Nathanos, Gallywix, Saurfang and Rastakhan. Once again all big alliance names remain untouched.

Alliance bias it is then. Got it.

Orcs, Trolls and Forsaken. In the bigger picture Horde losses are much more devastatting for the world building, identification and all that.

Him dying would either mean Rommath or Liadrin ascend leadership. I totally support that idea! :smiley:

I checked the wiki. Alliance has both now. More faction leaders as well as more hubs. Since Mechagnomes got Mechagon and Vulpera remain homeless.

leaders Horde: 11
leaders Alliance: 16(!)

Yes. That is the point I am trying to bring over here.

^^^^^^^ Justice for all inoccent trolls that got murdered!

If you mean the Troll Whelps, those are hostile.

Yes. How dare they being hostile in their own homeland against invaders who kept failing at agreeing to any peace treaty offering. How evil! irony

1 Like

trolls arenā€™t people and deserve it tbqh

3 Likes

Tbh, considering they are way bigger than the adult dwarves and aggressive, I donā€™t think you can say they are harmless.

Also, this is one of the few actually interesting morally grey storylines from Classic like the Classic Alterac Valley. Itā€™s not like the Alliance doing it just because they are evil.

ā€œThe Frostmane trolls once ruled over the frigid lands of Dun Morogh, only to have their empire fall to dwarven armies. The ice trolls were driven to the hills in retreat, a shameful blow to their warlike nature. With the Ironforge armies focused on quelling the trogg invasion or fighting Alliance wars, the Frostmane trolls have seen the opportunity to reclaim their ancestral home of Dun Morogh and restore their long-lost kingdom.ā€

Imagine being called evil just for trying to get your home back. Tz. The dwarfs are the agressive conquerors here. No way around that.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Frostmane_tribe

Srsly this reads like a perfect read of story for a possible playable race. Like the voiced over intros videos back from Classic and Cataclysm.

Dwarfs: Drive a troll tribe to almost extinction, stealing their lands, killing off their younglings and still refuse any diplomacy and compromise with them. Keep hunting then in the hills which Dwarfs forced them to hide in.

You: ā€œThis is totally morally grey and acceptable.ā€

finally a blood elf that speaks the truth you will be spared in the coming purge :stuck_out_tongue: