The Blackwing Lair changes are not fun at all

After doing SoM Blackwing Lair on the PTR I’m just massively dissappointed in Blizzards ability to create new content which is supposed to be challenging.

It is evident that the bosses have been created with a retail raid approach to it and that is not what the Classic PvE community wants at all. We want the simplicity and create the challenge ourselves in the meta WE create.

I won’t go over all of the fights, but Chromaggus is probably the worst designed boss I’ve ever encountered. The random poison clouds are just like the ones from NMD, its not fun, its just another annoyance to the fight where the challenge is to not stand in stuff on the ground (which is not challenging).
There is almost nothing that you can control on Chromaggus, it is literally a “what rng will we get this attempt?” fight. Additionally the ice cubes that spawn LoS the boss and you cant hit the boss but he can hit you. I understand that this is PTR / Beta but BWL being announced to launch early february worries me alot, It wasn’t fun at all, it was one instance where every boss was just annoying and not satisfying at all.

Classic wasn’t designed to have fights like retail ones and it really shows on the fights as well. It’s just sad.

Idk who tf wants any of these changes, just give us a no changes server with wbuffs and let the copers from reddit do whatever they want on SoM.

17 Likes

they never listen

2 Likes

Tis’ what happens when retail devs/people that never worked on Vanilla try to make changes to it. They ruin it. This why we asked for No Changes in the first place.

9 Likes

People did ask for classic+ lol.
And this is what’ll happen…

3 Likes

Are you actually implying classic+ means something different to each person and that it’s unlikely current devs could capture the “spirit of Vanilla”, whatever it means for each player? Madness.

1 Like

This is why people were asking for no changes. It is not because they are adverse to changes, there are plenty of things that could change for the better. The problem is that the present WoW team made Retail… they made retail OUT OF CHOICE. They made it and at the end of many many 40hr full work weeks they were like ‘yeah this is great. This is it. This is what the players want. Lets publish this’. Then it took them months to even address even a couple of insanely glaring issues.

Asking blizzard to make changes to classic is like asking someone with a potato for a brain clean your car. They will clean it, but probably do it with an abrasive kitchen scourer and destroy the entire paint job. But hey, at least it’s clean.

1 Like

Its the same thing with the 58 boost,

Players thought it would be a good idea, thought it was bring more players to the game when in reality all it did was increase the amount of bots,

They thought it would decrease the amount of mage boosters, boy were they wrong, i mean if anyone is considering taking up mage boosting, with a click of a button they have a level 58 mage…and have you seen slave pens, my god.

players praised the boost, and now look
players cried for changes, and now look

3 Likes

we all knew thye gonna mess it up thats why no changes exist in first place

they dont know what they doing

1 Like

In order to say somebody “mess up”, you ought to at least implicitly assume that there was a “correct” way of going about it.

The whole point of my provocatory post is that… no, there wasn’t. Or, if you’d rather put it like that, any kind of Classic+ would’ve been a “mess” because no “good” Classic+ exists or could exist - at least not one that could actually satisfy everyone.

thats not true.
A game can be good or bad

Osrs exists tho.

So u are plain wrong.

And how do you expect to create Classic+ content by popular vote? Are you gonna have them submit drawings for new content and have them vote which ones they want in? Are you gonna hold vote for each new boss’s HP values? And mechanics? Please enlighten me.

Popular vote kekw. The biggest mistake blizzard ever did was listening to the re.tarded playerbase.
Players dont know what they want and companies should never listen to the ideas.

You do realize your beloved OSRS works based on popular vote too, right?

OSRS exists specifically because they listen to their own playerbase

Best changes ever.

classic raid never hard horrbol overtune yes never hard lol

Just came to think of something.

Now that bosses have increased (?) HP, and no changes to talents/skills…does that mean warriors are even more ezpez op during boss fights?
I’m thinking since the last 20%-phase of the boss is longer lasting (?)

Or have they changed stuff around those type of mechanics?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.