The change to m+ loot is the best thing about Shadowlands

I’m happy that the devs at Blizzard finally agree with my previous comments in the past that m+ throws waaaay too much welfare gear at players, and has basically made all raid tiers below mythic obsolete. The casuals wanted a way to gear up without having to raid, but the problem is in the current system spamming 5-man dungeons for two years has REPLACED raiding. We can see a few people complaining about it on the forums that they’re no longer going to be showered with gear, but the silent majority will appreciate that they’re gonna have to do the top-tier content if they want the top-tier deluxe rewards. But to the naysayers, don’t worry, you’re still going to get the mythic loot in your weekly chest to keep up with the elite players.

25 Likes

No one missed you, just leave again lol

heroic raiders opinion doesn’t matter.

15 Likes

Don’t be cruel lol

Am I lying though?

All opinions matter.

they needed to limit boosting somehow, and those cheesy methods of getting gear…so I 100% support

9 Likes

I think the problem is loot is going to drop less, raid loot is fairly locked to one attempt a week per difficulty but mythic plus can be done endlessly. By making the mythic plus loot slightly lesser than heroic loot, people wont be stuck having to farm endlessly to get gear.

The weekly chest will still give higher rewards.

5 Likes

Blizzard is learning from the success of Classic that players want the old-school experience.

8 Likes

It’s going to be fine, nothing is set in stone, they’ll boost rewards when m+ participation drops.

1 Like

Exactly… in classic you was proud even at your blue items, players wasnt showered with items like they are today, and once you get item you want, after effort offcourse, satisfaction is endless.

2 Likes

You couldnt even kill herioc Vex without asking for nerfs you are nothing more than a troll .

3 Likes

I honestly feel like 3 ilvl difference doesnt matter but 1 item per run sucks a bit. In my case it wont matter on my mage cause we’re raiding mythic so its whatever but I can imagine gearing alts will take a while.
Although I do agree with devs that raids should be main source of best gear in the game.

3 Likes

This won’t limit boosting lmao

What are you talking about?

M+ boosters will still boost m+ and raid boosters will still boost raids.

I think it will increase the demand for armor stacking boosts.

1 Like

That will hugely also depend on the meta classes, currently armour stacking costs 5-15k extra per run and is in basically every run anyways.

Mythic raids, yes.

Heroic? In my opinion not so much.

I think people will stack armor types in general. Doesnt matter if they run m+ for gear or to boost others. It’s just more optimal than running 3 different armor types classes

3 Likes

You mean for runs in general?

Cuz yea, it’s idiotic not to at 2 items per dungeon

It also depends on m+ tuning tbh. I dont think +15 in s1 of SL will be on the same difficulty as +15 in bfa s1. A lot of people will whine that its way too hard (and it should be too hard for majority btw). For a lot of people heroic raid is where their raiding journey ends and if this change leads to healthier gearing process then I’m fine with it.

1 Like

Tbh for the majority it already is too hard, but the majority of the playerbase also sucks at the game.

I don’t think it will tbh, it was a change to stop the top world guilds to funnel heroic gear right away to have geared characters for certain fights.

The better move for the entire playerbase is to remove loot trade restrictions, because the top world guilds will find a way to circumvent the system anyways.