The endless bot army of classic

This is maybe a bad idea, maybe not.

I see in the video they are botting for pvp ranks but there are bots for gold. Retail solved the gold sellers with the token, I’d rather not get the token in classic/tbc/wrath.

So what if they simple disabled or severely limited the gold trade/mail limits?

They were ok to introduce an instance limit, bring in a gold transfer limit.
Limited amount per trade.
Limited number of trades between players (same players and only gold transfers etc)

Thoughts, i mean yeah sucks a bit for legit players but weigh up the pro’s and con’s.

WOuld hurt legit trades way more… Gold sellers just use mule accounts to trade from different sources then

Well my slightly strict view is that if your main wants gold, go earn it, therefore ‘legit’ trades shouldn’t be hurt much as a new character only needs a few gold to get going, even that is a massive boost.

Please explain how it would hurt ‘way more’ as I’m maybe naive on the issue.

Edit:
mule accounts wouldn’t help as the buyers character would be marked as having traded gold and therfore no longer able to accept gold (in any serious amount at least).

1 Like

So if I’m using one toon to sell my fel lotusses and other herbs and gems and enchanting materials there is a limit to what I can sell? Whhat would you set as a limit then because with the influx of gold in tbc you can expect some serious inflation.

I didnt say a limit on items.

Just on gold. Sure that means you could sell a lot of gold through buying>trading>selling items such as arcane Crystal’s or whatever else is costly but would you wanna go through that hassle to buy gold. Plus just because the seller gives you Crystal’s to the average market value of the gold you bought, you arent guaranteed to get that price yourself when selling. So trading gold through items is flawed, therefore trading items wouldnt need limiting, therefore your alts can still provide mats for your main.

It’s just an idea to disrupt the gold trade and make it as awkward as possible which would hopefully lead to more people not bothering.

Tbh your idea is over complex and pointless at the same time. It wouldn’t affect gold rmt but instead make it akward for all of us.

I really dont see how it’s more awkward.

As for complexity? It just requires a simple variable to hold the server time of whenever a player last accepted gold, maybe a popup dialog.
Could write an addon for it in less than 30mins, blizz could easily implement it and it’s as simple as,
“There is now a limit on gold transfers between characters”

It’s not difficult but imo is better than blizz giving classic the token system to combat gold selling.

I’ve seen loads of Hunter bots leveling up recenty. Like all over the place. Barrens, Hillsbrad, Desolace etc. They just kill mobs 24/7.

Maybe thats their TBC plan… for the 70 arena boosters?

You missed the point. I am selling all my stuff on one toon, that would mean I could run into your imposed limit and not be able to sell anything for a while. Not very convenient tbh.

Then mail the items to your main for that character to sell?

If your limit is character dependant and not account dependant it is pretty useless imo. This would interfere too much with legit players and goldsellers would find ways around it.

Explain further please.

Allright, lets say I have 5000G worth of mats to sell farmed myself. And you limit gold trade to 1000G a day, if it is a character limit I need 5 characters to sell my stuff. If it is an account based limit, I need 5 days to sell my stuff. So limiting my income. Neither of those options would deter people from buying gold, they would just spread their sales over a period of time. While you limit my options of making gold.

Selling on the AH? Didnt say anything about that.

You can either send all those hard earned mats to your main for that character to sell.

Or exclude same account characters from the limit. So you could transfer to your characters only.

How about that?

So I sell a gray item for 25k gold on the ah and mr gold supplier buys it? See again they are less affected than genuine players.
I don’t sell items to myself so I’m not sure what your comment about transferring to my characters means. If I farm mats worth more than the daily limit you propose you hinder my income and it won’t stop people from buying gold

I mean send the mats to your main for that character to sell. But then I also re-thought and considered that its easier to not limit gold trade between characters on the same account.

Yes, selling the junk item via AH needs to be considered.

Any thoughts?

I think you have good intentions but I am against imposing any limit that will affect honest players negatively. And what you would like to have implemented would do so. I forsee that some BOE epics will go for ridicoulis amounts and some people will make loads of gold of their professions, like the first guy to get the bold ruby receipe eg so either you put the limit realy high or you will hinder legit transactions in the game. I’m not going to trust some random dude to pay in installments if I get a lucky BoE Epic drop or craft some gear.

It’s been 4 months now Blizzard, when are you going to address the issue?

they just did. they practically admitted to accepting bots by allowing character boosts(1 per account mind you just incase you get banned due to protocol, you don’t lose too much money).
so now that it’s legit, it’s not an issue anymore. I say that’s 200iq play there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.