The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

What a smoking pile of HoggerS is this? Are you for real?

2 Likes

Hey - I was just wondering, if this blue post is an out of season april fools joke? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like
1 Like

Glad i jumped ship at the right time, after all the talk of WoW killers, its actually Blizzard who puts in the final nail themselves

2 Likes

Evolution i.e. force diversity and change ingame content to delude yourselves you’re making some real life change.

Blizzard is even more backwards and insane than I thought, in that you think changing these things in game will improve Teams within Blizzard, like HOW? “You know, I was going to sexually abuse her, but we changed that stuff in game didn’t we? You know what, I’m reborn”.

All this reminds me of my own workplace and daily eye roll everyone gets. This is the same disingenuous garbage Marketing would send around us all, and I 100% bet the vast majority actually working at Blizzard are doing the same thing, eye rolling. Also reminds me of Tech companies forcefully pushing upgrades or replacing old tech and stating how much of an upgrade it is, all because they said so. What are these assets etc that have been updated? Going to tell us? No?

Heaven knows what mental “evolution” will happen next, because whatever it is, I nearly guarantee no real person is going to like it.

1 Like

I appreciate the updates to be honest.
There’s a lot more to be done, especially if the goal is to have some form of consistancy because what is offensive and not does differ from person to person. But nontheless its a small step in a decent direction I feel.

That said, agree with what others said that there is a lot that needs work, but im not gonna get angry considering that you don’t turn everything around in one day and things need time… time that no matter how loud someone may shout doesn’t magically go by faster.

If I may, I have been trying to reach someone for months now, via forums, twitter, email, all sorts of ways to hopefully raise a little awareness and help point out things that could be implemented quickly without taking away valuable resources working on other parts of the game.
I would really really appreciate any kind of reply because I care about the game, the people putting in the hours to keep it running and the people playing it alike. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I read a lot of the responses to this, can you specify who these people are? Or is it one person? Actually, it doesn’t matter, in hindsight upon typing this I’m convinced that by what you said and how you said it, that you likely classify yourself as an “influencer” or someone who gets on like one. This is a feedback forum, not Twitter.

In retrospect, thank god this is the retail feedback forum or else I’d be particularly bothered with your mindset. Carry on, retail is just a MMO.

That’s like saying why didn’t youtube just didn’t put a message out that adverts seen before and during videos are not endorsed or directly related to content that’s played? But of course we all know they didn’t, and instead used it to demonetise/delete channels to censor the platform and reduce it to children’s entertainment, I mean “Family” entertainment.

Blizzard doing the same, politics and bs at it’s finest as they say.

You’re fairly quick to jump to conclusions about who I am given but a single post in this thread. Not entirely sure why there is a any need to make it personal.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not excusing any immoral and bs behaviour, nor am I gonna support it.
There is a point to be made though that the few people who are still working on wow and want to make it better get hammered all the same, even if they are not the ones responsible, or even worse, could have been a former victim of abuse in the company themselves.

You’re free to speak your mind, sure. But it’s important (in my opinion, you’re welcome not to share it) to be mindful of who you’re directing all the anger towards.

I’m only saying you likely classify yourself as such, not concluding you were one because I obviously don’t know you, and I only based it on what you said and how you said it. It reminds me of the mindsets back early on in retail wow at the time TBC was out, the RPG elements being ripped out more and more after every patch and ones mindlessly supporting it as not a big issue. And you can’t say you weren’t basically supporting it all in your post.

To be fair, there was no anger in what I said (maybe some jumping to conclusions on your end?) if anything it was minor frustration followed by realisation that this was the retail forum I happened to go into by accident, and I lost all hope for it when the Panda expansion came out.

No hard feelings, it’s alright. ^^
The anger thing wasn’t directed at you really. It was more a statement cause I know that a lot of people say ‘oh f the developers’ , but those aren’t the people calling the shots really.

I am not an influencer or anything of the sort, I got 0 following nor do I really care about it. I’m just passionate about wow cause it’s the thing I played the longest and have the most memories with.
Mostly, I just want it to be the best it can be, and would like to see some suggestions get noticed that a fair few people might quite enjoy from what I gathered.
I shouldn’t expect much, but one can hope.

• Disrespecting religious customers by showing us your visual idea of an afterlife
  • Becoming radically-left to loose any target audience
  • Leaving PvP balancing in an alpha state ; destroying PvP communitys mental
  • Selling triple A with subscription for an secretly early access game
3 Likes

I am sure the good people of Azeroth are now relieved that the Blood Elves cant joke about how femine they look. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

4 Likes

I thought the word “evolution” implied improvement. Guess not :thinking:

5 Likes

Extinction also important part of the evolution it frees up ecological niche for a new inhabitant.

1 Like

You can call it a evolution, but an evolution is the wrong word given a good portion of it is just censoring things which are safe and un-called for, pressing your bs, lame agenda from the real world into a video game would be a more accurate way to describe it. But then again I guess thats why Garrosh got censored for calling Sylv the B word but yet the Bastard sword still exists in the game which is equally / commonly as used the censored variant.

World of Warcraft is rated T (Teen) by the ESRB for blood and gore, crude humor, mild language, suggestive themes, and use of alcohol and violence.

2 Likes

Since when is Blizzard about taxing the rich, expropriation, prohibiting fossil fuels and reaching communism as a goal?

a different system if you ask me,

radically left democracy is what is happening with blizz atm

1 Like

That’s an oxymoron.

How glorious. If only you worked as hard at filling the game with enjoyable content as you are at removing old quests, art assets, names and dialogue that only you yourselves asked for, maybe your game wouldn’t be bleeding players at an alarming rate and your company wouldn’t have a reputation so dragged through the dirt that your goodwill value is likely in the negative?

1 Like