The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

Over the last few weeks, artists and writers across the WoW team have updated a small number of old quests, art assets, names, and dialogue that we identified as outdated and inconsistent with our values as a team. These updates are a relatively small part of a comprehensive, company-wide effort to improve the WoW team and Blizzard as a whole, but they’re important to us as developers.

View Full Article

10 Likes

Give PvP players 2 sets of gear - 1 honor, 1 conquest. U completelly igonored it on PTR.

13 Likes

Ain’t this grand! I hope long beards for humans will be in there, no? Or will you keep ignoring this basic customization idea?

13 Likes

Thank you for replacing women with bowls of fruit, I feel so much safer now.

79 Likes

Now, get people recolored artifact apperances, like fel werebear, use inspiration from that to new cosmetics as well, the recolored CM gear that were never used, bring it back to some content. Have timewalking once a week on rotation instead of once every month. Pull the ripcord harder and get us out of this horrible expansion named Shadowlands, and on to emerald dream or something. Stop redesigning woman to bowls of fruit, use your resources elsewhere!

1 Like

Hopefully not being able to fart in game will stop the bosses at blizzard sexually assaulting people

76 Likes

Everyone can, a sensitive microphone is all that’s needed.

3 Likes

hahaha, what a joke lmaoooooooo

14 Likes

Well… it seems to me that the players don’t care for your current values as a company. I don’t think anybody genuinely appreciates any of this.

EDIT: Actually a glyph to summon a male succubus is pretty cool and I think there are a number of people who do appreciate that.

But I think that a company without your particular values as a company could’ve added that.

17 Likes

Seriously, if you want to keep your playerbase, get your poop togather and start delivering content. Your release cycle is unprofessional. We know you can do better, Legion was a proof of that, but obviously you don’t care to do your job and instead are wasting your time and our money on stuff nobody cares about.

38 Likes

8 Likes

I know some of the changes are controversial and there are concerns, but…

I actually really like this idea a lot! I’ve wanted an incubus option for warlocks for years :smiley:

6 Likes

At least now we know they’ve been busy solving THE REAL ISSUES with this game

11 Likes

Great addition as long as you don’t make the succubus model less of a succubus

6 Likes

And they’re focusing on the inappropriate art - the main reason they were sexually abusing co-workers! I’m so glad it’s solved!

5 Likes

I mean incubus aside are none of the retail players bothered that it’s 3 months after 9.1 dropped, there’s no 9.1.5 release date announced, pretty much 0 info on 9.2 and THIS is what they get a giant blue post essay about?

It feels quite insane to do this while the playerbase is absolutely bleeding. It’s not like people heard all the crazy insane stuff going on at blizz hq and started rioting about the kharazan npcs.

13 Likes

Development pictures of succubus 9.1.5

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/proxy/0%2A1GwJvRgVTwygmEfl.jpg

5 Likes

Good.

I approve.

That has to be the penultimate goal to strive toward, to have a game that is increasingly accessible and inviting to more people, ultimately being a welcoming place for everyone who shares the love of the game and the values it is built on.

And you can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

The circumstances for these changes are less than ideal, but they are good changes none the less.

2 Likes

My feedback: stop with the destructive virtue signalling right now, and if you genuinely want to be welcoming to all players, start by making a dungeon system that doesn’t drive off weak and unskiled players, or by aiming for a recommended hardware spec that people on low incomes can afford to keep up with instaed of making nVidia’s share price one of your top “values”.

41 Likes

Atleast you are starting to step to the right direction.

NOW START CARE ABOUT CLASS DESIGN, RETURN PROFESSIONS, LESS CONVOLUTED PARASITIC SYSTEMS AND REMOVE RATING FROM CONQUEST GEAR in 9.2. FOR STARTERS AND START FIXING WARMODE BECAUSE YOU DESTROYED PVP SERVERS!

4 Likes