The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

I have a hard time believing these changes come form devs.
You’re trying to tell me Blizzard removes the red tape and lets devs go to town and they choose to change models and appearances and potentially dirty jokes over tackling the mechanics that are still to this day driving off players in droves?

This feels like PR trying to make a cheap score after certain revelations about cubicle crawls and christmass parties.

The incubus is the only real positive thing and that’s because it feels like the first thing added in a year that isn’t designed to make me jump through 5 hoops to get it

1 Like

Just gonna copy what i said on reddit regarding this

Here’s the deal though. These changes aren’t content, this game needs content right now desperately. We are paying for content, if they don’t like the critique players are giving to this then tough feces. You’re in an industry where you need to deliver a product.

I’ve played this for 16 years now, i want this game to be what it can be and not what it currently is.

At this point brutal honesty is what the devs need more than anything and no sugarcoating feedback.

3 Likes

you disgust me Blizzard

4 Likes

Is this real?

1 Like

I want to say a big thank you to blizzard.

Triggering so many people in the forums has been a joy and delight to read. Its the most fun time reading all the offended and upset responses in a long time, these forums need it.

Please do some more insignificant changes that people can find a way to get offended by.

Ngl id be offended by the implied belief at blizzard that its playerbase is so idiotic that these are the changes needed to stop them being nasty to each other, if the changes wernt so hilarious that they read like an onion article.

I would appreciate if you stopped the SYSTEM game which took off during Legion time. In Shadowlands now we have systems which rely upon systems which rely upon other systems that time gate player progress.

They aren’t fun. I’m sure they weren’t fun for your to design either. Let players progress at their own pace and no more artifact/necklace/whatever temp power sytems.

There’s so many basic things that could be done at the low level even, like allowing cross realm guilds and cross faction play which would solve many problems. Then there’s the PVP adjustments people have been mentioning.

1 Like

Fixed it for ya! :joy:

I was walking through Karazhan a few weeks ago and a very strange thing happened. Low and behold I spotted a picture on the wall.

The picture was of what I can only describe as a human. What was remarkable was that the human. Whos shirt was ajar had what appeared to be two round shapes on their chest, these appeared to be made of flesh like nothing I had scene before.

"MOTHER“ I yelled in despair,“what is this horror?”

Mother abruptly arrived and looked at my monitor.

“LORD HAVE MERCY” mother screamed in anguish. “ALERT THE VICAR… This is outrageous”

For my 42nd birthday next week. Mother says she might let me resubscribe again. I heard Mother has spoken to the local baptist church group who made a formal complaint to Blizzard. Apparently they were very concerned and quite accommodating. I expect her threats of smite may have had something to do with it. It is 2021 after all.

11 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: i blame my early death on you :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

you want to make a change?, then make a radical one not this samey sameness, a LOT of us have been here a loong time, we deserve it, i demand it because frankly right now. this is WoW…

4 Likes

Lo and behold I too was walking through Karazhan a few weeks ago and I didn’t notice a God damn thing, because I’m just there to pew pew and get some loot and therefore don’t pay much attention to details in a place I’ve visited a thousand times over the years.

But then I went to Wowhead and saw that they had datamined that Blizzard would change a painting in Karazhan to look like something else.

I can’t say I’ve ever cared much about the paintings in the game, or what they look like, because it doesn’t really matter.

But because I know that Blizzard have a reason for changing the painting in Karazhan, I of course did what I always do – I went to the forums and pretended to be deeply offended by this upcoming change!

It’s 2021 after all, and pretending to be personally offended is what it’s all about.

Erm has anyone looked up the definition of an Incubus?

2 Likes

Well then!

2 Likes

I just look forward to this! <3

1 Like

:rofl:

That’s actually a good point, that we’ve all overlooked (except you!). Talk about from the frying pan into the fire. :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe create new quests about sexual harassment in your company, by your devs, creepy devs touching young girls in the office, showing naked pictures of a female employee who then committed suicide, shredding documents with information about that kind of behaviors, and btw treating CC like … = kicking them in the year of best profits only to get cheaper ones without benefits, and then the company answering to all of this is some virtue signalling by changing names and pictures in their game. Because for you the game is the problem. Nope, the problem is dev creep in Blizzard with a superiority complex who thinks that he is some superstar and can do anything. And higher-ups in the company who allowed that for years. JAB was a scapegoat. And while you allow predatory behavior in your company users can’t describe your company with the epithets it deserves in this forum because those words are censored.

3 Likes

The artificial hardcore left won’t save the franchise. There is no target audience for left-extremist games

Why?

Because Blizzard still had too much independence. He didn’t have the clout of Mike Morhaime, or even the title, but he was still President of a named business that he had a long history with.

From the corporate point of view, Blizzard has needed to be reined in for a long time.

Because all or almost all of these predatory behaviours took place in MM times. And time of his sudden departure from CEO and putting JAB as president.