The Fireside Gathering (Horde Monthly Social)

Hello. This is an updated forum post for the Fireside gathering, the old one was locked a while back. I have been meaning to make a new one.

To those that do not know, the Fireside gathering is an event held on the first saturday of each month. It is held in the valley of wisdom within Orgrimmar. It is a social gathering. A chance to meet new people. Join in on some of the mini-games hosted, or just enjoy a more open RP setting. Anyone is welcome, as are ideas to expand it.

If you want to host something be it a show, or a stall. Ask. We are happy to have IC vendors of any type. If you want to host a game, or little contest. Let us know. This is all to spread some RP in the city, have some fun. All in the idea to make RP more accessible for anyone.

We have been doing this for a good few months now. This update is long overdue. So we are still going. We do have a discord (I am unable to link, if someone else could) Anyone is also welcome to DM me in game if they see me and have anything they want to discuss.

Thank you.

11 Likes

This sounds lovely! Usually what time does it start?

It starts at 20:00 server time. With 19:30 being the unoffical start and sorting out what is happening. Aka vendors, hosts or answering any questions before it starts.

There is also a shout I do at the Drag gate to annouce it too just so those in Valley of Honor can be informed.

3 Likes

Nice, I really need to get along to one of these! Love knowing that other parts of Orgrimmar are getting love

1 Like

Just giving this a nice bump as it is tomorrow. I’m absolutely gutted I can not make it, but I’ll mail you and hopefully contribute next month.

So the first fireside of the new year is finished. And it had an amazing turnout. Next one will be the 4th of february.

As a brief recap, we had a lot of people. I would love for people to share those experiances, or offer feedback. I admit I shouldn’t have ended it as early. Some of that was just me being worn out. Not that it stopped people staying around and chatting.

Attendance was way higher then expected. And endless, endless thanks to those who helped with it. Providing food, or the magic lore stories. So long as people are enjoying the gatherings, we will keep doing them.

A good initiative to promote some good old fashioned social Horde RP with trade and merchant stuff, story telling and some brawl or other competitions.

I can recommend to come try it out as a Horde RPer. It is a great way to get into RP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a great time at the Fireside gathering last night! It was my first time attending and it was overall a really enjoyable evening. lots of different characters, IC Vendors and even a Centaur. Will definitely be coming again!

2 Likes

The Fireside is still moving along as planned. A few things planned, or being worked on here and there. We see to be getting a lot of people. As always grateful.

This is also a space for feedback that is always welcomed. I know I need to be more active. First month of the year was a crazy one. And I look forward to hosting many more gatherings to come.

I should really try to reach out to more communities if they want to repersent themselves. Or have a chance for people to make IC announcements for upcomming events.

1 Like

Had a blast at this Fireside Gathering on my Hozen! My first time here too!
Looking forward to the next one!

There is a another Fireside tomorrow night. Anyone have anything to share, or announce let me know. I would like to be able to share the goings on of the server. And there is always more and more going on. Sorry if this is short notice. I just wanted to get a bump in to make sure people are informed.

Also if any guilds have games, or little challenges, or people want to trade. Happy to give them a space too. Or a voice to whomever has something of interest to share.

3 Likes

Still 20:00 realm time? Thought I might dust off my orc and dive into some Kalimdor Horde RP for once.

It does start at 20:00. Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to give an update of the last one.

So, as always thanks to those attending, and those that hosted little stalls. It really does add to it all. And thank you to those that joined in the games and the brawls even if they did go on a little longer then expected. Which was my fault.

Moving forward. I did like having more freedom on the game. So I will be trying to use that more to make them more flexible, and have more character on show then just a dice roll. And due to numbers. I want to cap the brawl at 8 people. So it is easy to manage, and we don’t have odd numbers as people win/lose.

I think that is all to say. And the next Fireside takes place on april 1st.

1 Like

The Gathering last night was fantastic, can’t wait for the next one! It was an absolute blast brawling last night!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.