How is the Horde RP doing?

Heya, I haven’t been playing WoW in a while (again), been mostly busy with working on my own ambitions, personal studies, and the games I now rarely play are less attention demanding RP games such as Project Zomboid or Book of Travels.

Still WoW RP has a little place in my heart, and I was curious how Horde RP is holding up, since it took a massive dip a year ago, and the time I returned (last winter) it didn’t seem to had recovered yet.

So how it’s doing? Is it still very guild orientated? More focussed on cross-rp, or moved it’s local meeting hub elsewhere? Are people taking more action to get more RP between Horde guilds going?

Love to hear it.

3 Likes

Hey there Blondie.

Horde as a faction is still the smaller side and it can be quite noticeable, however the RP scene has picked up with the release of Dragonflight, with old guilds coming back and renewed interest for both old players and new. It is still guild orientated but there are considerable efforts by people to make faction-based events and hubs to RP in.

There’s the Fireside Gathering which happens every month and this brings in a lot of people. The Fireside Gathering (Horde Monthly Social)

There’s Social Sundays where folks gather up in the Valley of Honour in Orgrimmar for casual RP and this has been doing very well each week.

And there’s also the Crossroads RP Hub which has done very well and brings people together on a bi-weekly basis, though it is open to casual RP all the time if people want it. Info here: [H-RP] The Crossroads - RP Hub 🏜

I also recommend joining a discord or two to help make connections. The Horde community one is lovely and I can share the thread here. Casual Horde RP Community & Discord Server

My recommendation is to find a guild if you want consistent RP but there are more options than before to finding casual stuff as well. Orgrimmar generally is better than it was.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

The Horde… will endure.

The Horde… is STRONG!

2 Likes

Thanks for the insightful comment!

I have a question; what changes did Cross Faction Guilds did to the Horde?

1 Like

I think you should continue with your own ambitions and personal studies. The world needs you. Azeroth can wait.

1 Like

Dem wow cravings tho.

1 Like

I can only go off what I know personally and all I can say is… Not much at all? At least so far. Other folks here may be more knowledgeable but I imagine it will benefit neutral-themed guilds a lot as opposed to needing a guild for each faction.

1 Like

Orgrimmar feels alive during public events and “rush hours”. Apart from that it looks a little lonely, but oh well. Too many Alliance players, I guess, but we fare

As an Alliance player, I can confirm we exist solely to drain the Horde of its RP potential. :lion:

It’s a good life.

2 Likes

It’s not much, but our caravan, Dust Scavengers try to have story nights on Sundays in Valley of Honor, and just hang out overall in Orgrimmar on regular basis. With that, and events like Vulperan Market, Fireside Gathering and Crossroads Hub, Horde rp is picking up pace as time goes. It’s much nicer than it was before!

5 Likes

Vulperas singlehandedly (singlepawedly) save Horde RP. Filling the city with life and fun. They’re not the only ones, of course, but they certainly do a lot.

Not sure if the person above tried to diss me or not, but I think it is obvious that there are more Alliance players and SW blooms with RP at every hour. And these High and “High” Elves also don’t help, you can argue about that all you want, but it is what it is.

And Horde guild RP doesn’t help at all if it takes place in remote secluded corners of Azeroth. Unfortunately, there are very few themed guilds that do good to their faction representation, so it’s sad, but at least some guilds and individuals are cool. Props to 'em

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.