The Future of World Buffs in Classic Era

On top of the 10-15 mins to collect Dire Maul buffs, plus HoH and Rallying Cry, and not mentioning the time I have to spend outside the game watching for these buffs to become available and not having the schedule screwed up by somebody? Yeah I’d rather do away with these, it literally adds nothing to my game personally.

The whole game would be better off without wbuffs to begin with. TBC can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Well, you know you can just buy the item beforehand, right? Like whenever you want - you don’t have to go buy it right before you get your buffs.
So my suggestion doesn’t really have anything to do with what you said.

Yeah but if it’s a consumable and you also want to make it unique then it means that, for example, if I have two raiding days in a row, then I need to find some time to collect it between those two days - on top of all the world buffs collecting.

What does this add to my game - compared to, say, having the item being not consumable so I just have to do it once and be done with it, like a quest?

I guess it doesn’t matter to you, but it will give players a reason to travel that area more often. So you will encounter more players, making the world feel more alive and also result in more world pvp in that area. I don’t see how this would be a bad thing, despite that one scenario with two raid nights in a row (which still wouldn’t be big deal at all contra having to raidlog. Not for me at least).

I like the new addition. I would also like the add that I am not against world buffs as I like the community interaction for buffs pops.
Yesterday we had to get SF on one of our tanks at 7pm had 10 alts defending him against 4 shamans.
That was fun, more then the raid…

1 Like

Oh right, it’s all about wPvP. Should’ve checked the server provenance before replying.

“It will give players a reason to travel that area more often. So you will encounter more players, making the world feel more alive and also result in more world pvp in that area” = it would create another hub where it’s easy to find people to gank.

As I once said in another thread

Rofl, okay. I see what I am up against now. I guess we’re done here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My thoughts, exactly.

This has no place in classic and is a retail convenience that belong in the abomination of retail only.

1 Like

OP states that the item “breaks apart” upon use, so I don’t think this would work. Your Chronoboon Displacer persists, but the item holding the buffs is separate and destroyed on use.

That’s not how it appears to me. Read what they wrote about it:

Also, when you release the buffs from the Chronoboon Displacer, it puts the item on a 1 hour cooldown so that you can’t toggle your buffs on for bosses and off for the rest of the raid.

So basically you buy the Chronoboon Displacer from Chromie then you get your world buffs and use the Chronoboon Displacer this create a new item “Super Charged Chronoboon Displacer” which has your buffs stored when you use the Super Charged Displacer it destroys it and you gain your buffs but you still have the original Chronoboon Displacer in your inventory that is now on a 1 hour cooldown.

Which means if you log an hour before the raid and pop the Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer your normal Chronoboon Displacer will be on a 1 hour cooldown so you log off for one hour until raid starts and by the time you log back on it’s off CD and if the raid looks like it’s going to wipe you can use it to snapshot all your buffs again they will still have the duration they had left before the wipe occurred and you’ve managed to keep the WB’s you would have lost.

There is also the possibility to abuse this in other ways such as:

-Warriors popping Reckleness, racials, battle chicken and other damage increasing effects BEFORE they use the Displacer then they use the Displacer just before a boss is pulled they will end up having Reckleness and the other buffs stored WHILE ALSO having them off CD at that point.

-Priests giving Power infusion to spell casters before they use the displacer so they can pop them just before the boss is pulled.

That’s just the tip of the ice berg, we’re playing a game where players constantly try to find exploits to use to their advantage - do you honestly think there are not going to be loads of ways players abuse this item.

It’s such a complex fix that welcomes abuse when they could just remove world buffs entirely, it’s not going to destroy Classic in fact it would make it feel MORE vanilla like.

2 Likes

The first method you wrote with snapshotting before wipe might be a thing. They should probably make it so its not usable inside raid instance and/or while in combat.

This second part though:

Is not possible. It only stores world buffs i.e. dragonslayer, warchiefs blessing, dmf, sf and ZG.

I’m sorry to say that this kind of thinking from Actiblizzard is exactly what makes retail what it is today. It’s quite obvious that the people in charge of making these decisions don’t play the game, never had a hand in making vanilla back in the day, and have no idea how to actually find solutions that are aligned with the target audience. They’re just milking this game dry. And get the h"ll out of here with that constant chromie bullsh"t. You’re just embarassing yourself trying to sound fun with some kind of RPG element to the “fix” all the while not understanding anything about the game. It’s like someone drawing a horse who’se only ever heard vague descriptions of one.

3 Likes

Ofc they can’t get everything 100% correct, and sure this should have been there from day 1(easy to say now huh?) But we will also see fresh classic servers, and I think this fix is nice… World buffs cannot just be removed since they were a part of the orginial game. Join a guild that doesn’t care about them if you want that?

1 Like

:clown_face:

Add WCB to Stormwind

Except WB’s wasn’t used like this in Vanilla other than perhaps a few of the most hardcore guilds the majority of the player base had no clue and didn’t use them so removing these buffs in raids would actually be closer to the real vanilla experience. While the raid content in Classic isn’t exactly hard and the boss mechanics are few and rather easy the fact of having WB’s further removes any challenge and as I said makes gaining upgrades feel less rewarding.

As I said it’s not going to kill classic, when Classic was announced and people envisioned what they was looking forward to doing in the game I can only assume most people didn’t have collecting buffs very high on their list of priorities.

Imagine if a new MMORPG was released nowadays and you go into a store and pick up the game case (I know most are digital purchases nowadays but humour me) and you read the back of the case - do you think in the list of features to entice you to buy the game would read:

-Spend tedious amounts of time clearing dungeons you outgear, check discord for buff times and log out of the game to collect and preserve buffs!

Point being these buffs don’t make Classic and taking them away wouldn’t break it either.

1 Like

Warlock SAC pet save buff, Respec :slight_smile:

No I don’t buy this argument. So you mean in every part of the game where players play differently these days should be changed/removed?

World buffs existed in classic, if players didn’t utilise them back then isn’t a reason to remove them now IMO.

1 Like

Except we told them to do something about the impending Worldbuff Meta before Classic even launched.

That isn’t an argument for keeping them, unless “preservation-of-original” is suddenly more important than “good enjoyable game”, which it isn’t.

Yeah, here is the thing about this argument:
Even in a guild that “doesn’t care” :rofl: about them, when push comes to shove, and the raidlead has to decide who he will bench, guy-with-wbs is more likely to get into the roster than guy-without-wbs, simply because the former does 60% more dps, and has shown more dedication to the raid.

A potential way of making this thing really tidious is to pop ony save the buff clear dmt pop the item and gather dmt buff, save the buffs and wait an hour. Go to yojomba isle pop your item turn in HoH, save your buffs and walk to felwood for SF, wait an hour… You get the idea.