The Future of World Buffs in Classic Era

kek, what a load of crap.
It almost sounds like Blizzard admits classic playerbase is unable to kill stuff without worldbuffs.

2 Likes

You seem to be in quest greens, your opinion on classic is invalid

Suggestion: Make the Chronoboon Displacer unique and soulbound so that players can only carry one at a time and cannot trade it. That way, those who wish to save their world buffs must travel to Chromie more often, which would result in the world feeling more alive and more world pvp in that area.

3 Likes

Will it store Warchiefs Blessing for Alliance? If not we still have to raid log.

1 Like

That makes sense.

Couldn’t you just have disabled the world buffs in raids so the people could play the game in its intended difficulty with the intended class balance?

4 Likes

Yeah, because world buffs don’t make you travel around enough - gotta add more to it :sweat_smile:

Good lord, TBC can’t come soon enough

3 Likes

Ofc, the more the better. Don’t be lazy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I just can’t understand why they would find such a weird, contrived “solution” that just perpetuates the main problem while only fixing some side-effects, rather than just go for the obvious simple solution.

They really are completely bonker.

2 Likes

OP states that the item “breaks apart” upon use, so I don’t think this would work. Your Chronoboon Displacer persists, but the item holding the buffs is separate and destroyed on use.

It’s not about being lazy, it’s about having control over my gametime and use it for stuff I consider to be fun.

This item literally allow you to avoid raidlogging. Surely it can’t be that big of a deal to spend 15min or whatever to pick up this item(?)

On top of the 10-15 mins to collect Dire Maul buffs, plus HoH and Rallying Cry, and not mentioning the time I have to spend outside the game watching for these buffs to become available and not having the schedule screwed up by somebody? Yeah I’d rather do away with these, it literally adds nothing to my game personally.

The whole game would be better off without wbuffs to begin with. TBC can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Well, you know you can just buy the item beforehand, right? Like whenever you want - you don’t have to go buy it right before you get your buffs.
So my suggestion doesn’t really have anything to do with what you said.

Yeah but if it’s a consumable and you also want to make it unique then it means that, for example, if I have two raiding days in a row, then I need to find some time to collect it between those two days - on top of all the world buffs collecting.

What does this add to my game - compared to, say, having the item being not consumable so I just have to do it once and be done with it, like a quest?

I guess it doesn’t matter to you, but it will give players a reason to travel that area more often. So you will encounter more players, making the world feel more alive and also result in more world pvp in that area. I don’t see how this would be a bad thing, despite that one scenario with two raid nights in a row (which still wouldn’t be big deal at all contra having to raidlog. Not for me at least).

I like the new addition. I would also like the add that I am not against world buffs as I like the community interaction for buffs pops.
Yesterday we had to get SF on one of our tanks at 7pm had 10 alts defending him against 4 shamans.
That was fun, more then the raid…

1 Like

Oh right, it’s all about wPvP. Should’ve checked the server provenance before replying.

“It will give players a reason to travel that area more often. So you will encounter more players, making the world feel more alive and also result in more world pvp in that area” = it would create another hub where it’s easy to find people to gank.

As I once said in another thread

Rofl, okay. I see what I am up against now. I guess we’re done here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My thoughts, exactly.