The Game Director doesn't even play WoW?

Apparently Ion is still renown 50 and hasn’t logged in in months. This is very disturbing, it doesn’t inspire much confidence in the future of WoW if the person in charge doesn’t even want to play his own game. Can we get assurance from a Blue on whether he switched to an alt, because this is very daunting.

Also I’d like some confirmation if the new “co-leader” Jen Oneal even plays the game, because I highly doubt it.

17 Likes

The fact that his main is a shaman is an insult.

(Yes I’m still mad for the 9.1.5 patchnotes)

1 Like

Oh look another useless thread linking Ion’s shaman… But yay I got the bury flag :partying_face:

You’re such a ridiculous person honestly.

4 Likes

You do realize that false reporting is a violation of the Code of Conduct and is an actionable offsense?

15 Likes

Your presence here is an actionable offense.

14 Likes

The best anecdote for me to describe how I see it is a conductor, he is not in the orchestra playing an instrument, but he leads them anyway.

I honestly am not trying to be condescending here, but to have knowledge of game by playing is great of course, but that does not always then lead to the direct correlation that if you don’t play you can’t know how to manage it.

After saying the above, I do agree that recent expansions have not been great, SL for me personally is so bad I stopped playing over 10 months ago and haven’t touched it since.

3 Likes

The thread is talking about a blizzard employee as the main topic with the intention of flame. Two in fact. That is already not allowed.

Also no difference whether Ion plays the game or not as hes bad at it (and thats putting it very politely). Or hes using a different toon for all we know that isnt transmitting data.

Not to mention you are the last person to talk about absolutely anything mr key leaver but thank you for providing said evidence down below yourself.

16 Likes

Well, you know that the people who are working in the food industry do not eat the products they are making themselves there, guess why, hehe. Same here with WoW and Ion…

There is a big difference between critique and targeted harassment as evidenced in this thread. I have studied the Code of Conduct meticulously and nowhere does it mention that critiquing Blizzard employees is not allowed.

This is false. I used to work at Domino’s pizza and I would eat the cancelled and wrong orders every day, it was one of the main perks of working there. A Game Director should be playing their own game every single day in order to get a thorough idea of what needs improving, and I expect nothing less from Ion. It should be the first thing he thinks about when he wakes up and the last thing on his mind before bed if he wishes to hold a position of such high prestige.

4 Likes

My friend works at a confectionery and she knows exactly what crap she puts in the cakes there and it is not appetizing at all, thus she would never touch them. She knows herself exactly she makes crap, thus she does not use it, same with Ion basically.

3 Likes

Wait for your post to be restored then if you are that certain. Dont count on it however Dolva. Youre better off leaving keys again as that is your specialty.

We both know its a flame. Also why you think a blue would post his alt or confirm hes on an alt is beyond absolutely anyone. If hes on an alt he may be for a reason same if he quits because unlikely Mike hes getting way more stuff headed his way as hes still the face of the WoW team and most certainly the prime target atm regarding all the harassment thingy.

Also Jen Oneal is not publicy presenting herself because she doesnt need to. Ion wouldnt have done it either but his character was known since TBC.

2 Likes

You should have defo kept leaving keys.

2 Likes

OP, when you make these threads does it ever occur to you that maybe you shouldn’t press the Post button?

Like, even for a split second there. A spark of lucidity, if you will.

2 Likes

I have scoured the internet for Jen Oneal’s thoughts on Shadowlands and the future of WoW but found nothing. As co-leader she is presumably the face of the company and public relations is a part of her job, which apparently she doesn’t bother fulfilling. I would be surprised if she has a character past level 20, but I’d gladly be proven wrong. If she’s a visionary then she definitely keeps her vision to herself.

Meanwhile J. Allen Brack wasn’t afraid to engage with the community. What a loss.

3 Likes

Neither does she have to. She just went into office in August during a PR poopstorm. She has better things to deal with than stating how WoW proceeds especially with Mike already covering the public presence

No it isnt. She can do it. She doesnt have to. Especially with there being two leaders. One can do the paper work and the other does the contact with customers thingy.

So you know whats in her contract? Interesting. Tell us more.

As far as i know she has a character. Nobody knows the name however. For good reason.

Read above.

A character that hasn’t logged in a month, has done more than you playing till now.

Kekw.

Ion could have other accounts

Oooh maybe she is on the forums and watching us or even responding to posts :cold_face: Hmm you look suspicious to me, are you Jen?

To be fair to the new co-leaders, they have inherited a bad situation and I would not blame them for hiding all their characters from the playerbase.

I am as disappointed as others in SL, but angry people lashing out at individuals I don’t agree with, disappointment with Blizzard as a whole, yeah I would probably agree with others on this.

4 Likes

If a conductor said he never listened to that music (an indication that it wasn’t worth listening to) then the analogy might be closer.
I think the fact that Ion isn’t playing a game indicates that he isn’t enjoying it or having fun. Or he would be playing more.

I do think WoW has a serious Fun drought recently. Systems are designed to force us to waste time rather than to make us want to waste our own time.