The game have changed me

sounds like AD thing ngl.

edating is bad if you cant travel

choose friends better

again, dont hang out with wrong people. take whats yours

wait what elaborate

again, I’d say just dont hang out with wrong people.

you just need a proper people to play with and you’ll have fun.

I’d suggest someone like @Sinaaki could maybe help you.

like yeah, there’re bad people out there and if you allow them to bully you they will. and I dont mean it as a flame, but you genuinely need to hang out with proper people.

no one bullied me, and people who tried to pull that clown thing on me got 100x worse in return, we out here in 2020.

I dont think taking a break from wow will fix anything, bad people are everwhere, I mean Im giga happy with people I have around me both irl and in game, and yeah I’ve met some bad people too but I just cut them off.

4 Likes

I’ve been through similar things in distant past, I don’t intend to give you boomer advices, just quit the game for a while and try to socialize.

Online world is fakeworld, if you can handle realworld then online world should be much easier.

I don’t know if this thread is troll or real though, I don’t trust Argent Dawn players :smirk:

1 Like

ingame boyfriend

i think i had a brain anurism reading that.

its a videogame who cares if a group were mean to you just find another group

Who you were is still in there. Relaxing and taking some time off from the game might help. I play alone mostly, but I’m sad to hear about your experience.

5 Likes

What an absolutely horrific time you’ve had so far. No wonder you need a break.

I lost my dog earlier this year, it is incredibly hard to lose a loyal companion. I still miss mine every day. I’m so sorry for your loss.

As with any community there are good and bad parts. I have a lovely small community of my own and am a member of several others. I also enjoy the fun atmosphere of our guild.

I had a pretty horrible start to this game (back during tbc) and found people were pretty awful to a new player. I didn’t let them deter me, I wanted to play the game but I took a very solo approach until I felt comfortable to reluctantly try some group content with a guild.

Don’t give up, wait until you feel you want to try again. If a place isn’t working out, don’t feel obliged to stay. Look for another.

Whether you stay or go I wish you all the best.

8 Likes

Honestly, what happened to you sounds terrible. Obviously we don’t know all the ins and outs but it sounds like you had some run ins with a lot of trolls. At the end of the day you need to remember it’s only a game, some people will always be nasty to others, especially over the internet. Don’t take it too personally. If you used to be fun, happy and positive, and feel like you’ve become negative because of the game. Take a break, quit. Do what you have to do. If you do continue to play, don’t become too attached to people in game. Just try and enjoy the game, if you meet people great, enjoy the little things. Try not to force friendships. This game isn’t what it used to be, not as social anyway. People rarely talk in dungeon groups, even when you do mythic+. Remember to enjoy life outside of the game too.

Stay positive! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a guild leader in another mmo I can relate. I’m taking a break from that because I just can’t take peoples disgusting selfish behaviour anymore. People online can be real scum, it’s down to the anonymity of the internet and people will just go with whoever, whenever it suits their current interests. As soon as they start getting bored of you or find another group of people more relatable than you, they will just stop playing with you in favour of others. Sad thing is one of those people was one of my irl best friends.

People can be real scum and the current circumstances keeping people indoors and online so much really contributes to depressing behaviour.

Try FFXIV! The community and game is 9000 times better than wow…

Lol! WoW community is THAT bad!

2 Likes

The same applies to all other games. Including FFXIV. However the maturity of guilds rises the higher your guild raids (or whatever they do) as a guild filled with beeps rarely rises to the top

if you are searching for a great community, this game is not for you.

i played runescape in 2001-2004. it was the greatest “gaming-years” of my life.
i suggest try runescape. its community is strong and can be very friendly (at least when i played back in the day).

there are also other MMOs that are community based. you should try them.

Eh, being loner in every aspect of life proves to be more useful by the day. But I don’t think we are all that bad, the world is messed up and jerks are in majority. Look at it this way, those “friends” were not your friends, and you filtered through the bad, some time good will come. I like the quote from south park by Cartman when they were on chatroulette looking for friends “this is the way the world works, if you want to find good quality friends you have to go through all the dicks first” yes, you know what they were looking at :wink: :smiley: Anyway, hit me up if you want, I’m introverted, but even I need to come out of my shell from time to time, if you good to me, I’m good to you, that’s how it works in my world :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you either are terrible at judging character or you not good person yourself and you need to work on it. Dont expect people to change, you just improve one of these two.

Heart goes out to you, OP. It might not mean much, but I relate to a lot of what you have gone through.

I wish you all the very best and hope nothing of this sort comes to pass ever again, wherever you go. Please, take care. Take a break from social environments - with big or trusted groups comes the higher chance of people who speak and act carelessly existing.

My Battle.net is heaven777#11376. Please do feel free to hit me up if you want a pal to talk with and possibly play WoW with. Hugs and pats going out your way.

1 Like

See I got aspergers aswell and I must say that I was unawear for many years that allot of the stuff I said or did was for many people rude and unfriendly.

I understood that araund Cataclysm when I met my husband who was the first person that explaind me in details what and how I did.

There are good people here in this game aswell, But just like anywhere els you got many bad apples and having it all in a row can be a bit much.

So you know what, take that break that so many others adviced you already to take.

Then you can return stronger and who knows, perhaps you get a better experiance next time :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Argent Dawn gets a lot of flak for toxicity, and I guess they’re warranted… so you might want to move to a different realm. That being said, it’s unfair to brand WoW’s community as a whole being toxic… I’ve been playing since TBC, and for the most part the majority of people are decent. As someone mentioned, the toxic ones are usually the loudest and most noticeable.

But if you want a change of scenery from WoW I would highly recommend FF14. It has the most laid back players around I’ve ever encountered.

Literally the opposite of all that i had experienced. Bad real life good wow sadly :frowning:. Just take some break and chill it will be fine <3
(Also , there is game communities FAR worse)

1 Like

@Noorii, I am so sorry all those things happened to you. I can promise you, we’re not all that bad. I hope you don’t mind, but i am going to try and give you some advice.

First, don’t ever mix your personal live with your in game live. Most people come in game to escape themselves. They need this break for them, life is hard for everyone and they deal with it in their own way. And you don’t want to dump on their load, like they don’t do on yours.

Second, e-dating is not good for you. No matter how sweet it can be, it undermines your self esteem. Find a support group in your local community. Friends online are not real friends, you have exceptions, but most of them are there for themselves.

Third, If you ever need to talk, rant or whatever Eärendil #21214 is my battletag. I can be a very good listener.

Take care :hugs:

2 Likes
  1. Find a guild with peeps whose company you enjoy…this may take a few attempts and that’s ok.
  2. Don’t let wrong’uns drag you down, ever…because there will always be quite a few of them in life.
  3. Xmas is not too far away.
  4. Set up a bird feeder, wildlife is relaxing.
  5. Step away from the computer and do a workout, doesn’t have to be complex or require equipment, a simple jog will do, but it gets the endorphins going.
2 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean, but I agree with others saying not all are that way.
Also it’s your responsibility too to be tough in this inevitably cruel world.

2 Likes

you say all of this and it feels like you’re being bullied, but then again, this much drama doesn’t usually happen to people without a reason.

So, until proven, I’m not going to consider you innocent for every single thing that happened to you.

3 Likes