The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Opening in WoW Classic

We’re putting the finishing touches on the next patch for WoW Classic. Version 1.13.5 will go live in July. With that patch, we’ll be ready to unlock the content we’ve been testing on the PTR.

The Ahn’Qiraj content will unlock with the weekly raid reset on 29 July for all realms in this region.

At that time, players can begin the quest chain to craft a Scepter of the Shifting Sands, and players can turn in gathered resources to advance the Ahn’Qiraj war effort.

Once both of those activities are completed on a given realm, the gates of Ahn’Qiraj will be available to be opened.

We’ll see you there!

23 Likes

:partying_face:

4 Likes

Pog Jokerd

1 Like

Hello Kaivax,

will Blizzard help with the war effort at mono-faction realms?
My server is 99% Horde and it will be difficult for us to do the war effort because of faction only resources.

Will Blizzard do anything about this?

3 Likes

most likely no.

during vanilla some realms weren’t able to open the gates at all and the gates were only opened at some point during wotlk!

your server will most likely need to figure out a way to transfer the ressources needed for alliance turn-ins via the crossfaction auction house or something like that!

The 30 instance limit per 24 hours change is a total disregard of the legitimate player base and all customers who pay to play this game. Blizzard is having problems dealing with the bots and cheaters but instead of investing money and staff into improving the quality of their game and service, they punish us instead by implementing a lazy fix that at best will affect a minority of the bots that are only playing on a single server and are doing dungeons over and over.

I find it unacceptable. If I ran this company I would be ashamed and issue my sincerest apologies on behalf of whoever came up with this idea and implemented it. I would have a serious conversation with the dev team and staff of WoW Classic and replace those who do not live up to the standards this company should radiate.

I wish we would see more fair, logical and precise fixes that would target the bots and cheaters only and leave the rest of us alone. If the automated systems can’t deal properly with everything then it’s about time to invest in more staff to deal with these kind of problems manually. ENFORCE your own rules, have some respect for your service and your customers. It’s long overdue!

14 Likes

We know this, but it would be an enormous logistic and time-consuming effort.
800000 linen bandages…

We have a strong Horde community, so we could farm the alliance resources easily. We just need NPCs to turn them in ourselves instead of trading via neutral AH.

So will i be able to finally transfer my main character from the dead server (judgement) to the server where i got all my other character(Ashbringer)?

Because comon we can’t do any content horde side on judgement … And i would like to join my guild and my other character on Ashbringer to be able to do the pve content of Wow classic ( so far i can’t here…)
And that wont hurt the population of the server or anything as i already play on it…

So just unlock transfer for people with a character already on a lock server before to open AQ …

3 Likes

VideoJames already opened it while progressing Spine with Method with his multigladiator title competing for Realm Firsts on Silvermoon. Sorry lads.

Would you give us the cthun prenerf?

5 Likes

Any information you may be able to provide on auto-completion rate would be much appreciated. We’re in limbo on Dragonfang right now and trying to make a decision ahead of time on a potential transfer.

3 Likes

incoming Progress tears

Lel next time don’t camp the alliance so bad they’re unable to play and have to transfer servers.

Enjoy your time on Lucifron!

24 Likes

can we have pre-nerfed Cthun please ?

7 Likes

In 2006 there was an auto-complete (resources start getting filled by ever increasing percentages automatically server-side after 30 days).

I’m assuming this will be part of #nochanges so at worse you’ll get it a bit later than other realms but resource gathering phase will complete one way or the other.

Please open the earliest possible gates on any server at the same time in both regions.

2 Likes

blizzard is doing you a favor. if your doing the 30 cap each day then your need to go outside.

11 Likes

Its unkillable, mobs are spawning too fast

This has naff all to do with the topic at hand. Take it to the other thread.

It was released 10 years ago so its not news why waste a blue post on this and not bots, haxkers, economy still ruined fro layers, 2nd wave of layer exploiter (nef 3 times per week), all gnomes who multibox and try to pvp me and i 1v80 (big multiboxer hqcker)

5 Likes