The gear disparity is absurd

Is the gear disparity supposed to be a sick joke or something? I dinged 70 and I’m fully geared with this 480ilvl catch up gear from the echoes. Am I supposed to endure bgs like this? Like do you actually expect me to play out bgs and not sit around afk?

This is the first time in 15 years that the gear disparity makes me not even want to queue bgs to farm my gear. It has always been somewhat bad but this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever experienced in this game.

480 u r pretty good, most people hop in bg with real fresh 70 xD

like, not even 400 IL

2 Likes

you can buy ah greens which are instantly better than the alt pve gear + then you can get your trinket 2 set stats too.

Also congratulations, we tried scaling. People didn’t like it cause you pay to play a game with gear progression so now we’re back to this again where people are still under the illusion of Legion / BFA of being able to play as a fresh max while doing 0 work.

4 Likes

They already implemented the perfect middle ground solution in the past.

There was scaling in WOD where item level was increased to a “sane” minimum in bgs (worse than honor item level), this prevented the ludicrous gaps we are seeing now.

Applied to today’s item levels, this could be set up this way:
528 conquest
515 honor
502 crafted
489 minimum

3 Likes

It’s the end of season everyone is maxed. Wait till next and you’ll be level again

2 Likes

But one shotting 300-600k health pool players is fun……?

I think the main problem people had with scaling was not the scaling itself but simply the lack of agency over the stats. I also want dedicated PvP gear but if they removed conquest gear n made honor gear BIS for PvP i´d be perfectly fine with that too.

The only thing i dont want in any way shape or form is BIS PvE gear in PvP. Idc if you grinded your raid n got your legendary weapon or what not, it should be worse than a conquest/honor weapon for PvP by default. A simple solution to this would be to scale PvP gear 100 itemlvls above BIS PVE gear while PvP flagged n give it a terrible PvE item lvl.

4 Likes

For the ones doing the oneshotting, yes. I would think they laugh. Its always fun to be powerful. Or atleast do a small grim as they watch you die.

Duno what u expect. Grinding that free catchup pve gear and compete with full S4 geared players. Why didnt u invest that time into getting the honor gear? You would be full 515 by now easily and slay all dalaran equipped pve noobs. No comment dude. I see no problem here with the game. Probably not even wearing the pvp trinkets and complaining. xD Grinds pve starter gear and complains hes bad in unranked pvp. Kekw

truth is there is a percentage of players who are picking up dragonflight now and entering pvp and getting blasted, and i feel bad for those

for the people who played dragonflight but were lazy, or made 50 characters, or played mop rmx and now are not fully s4 enchant bis sockets, no, i don’t feel bad. gearing was and is fairly fast and easy

the gap should be reduced between 0 gear and full gear thats probably true, but there is always gonna be people whoa re just, lazy, slow, and just decide one day “hey i should play wow pvp, why am i not geared”
“hey i boosted another char and i got no gear”
“hey i leveled through rmx and i have no gear”

making gearing easier than this might just be as bad because u will see just more fotm rerollers jumping from 1 toon to the next

3 Likes

For me SL was almost perfect. But ppl thought 3 ilvl per tier is unfair which was ridiculous. Meanwhile i had to deal with the legendary cuz it was almost a 8% dps increase but T2 weapons locked behind rating are unfair ofc. Sometimes i hate the game.

Other benefit of SL was that u needed a lot of honor and couldnt fotm reroll as ez.

In current system gear should scale in ranked yes (even tho im declining it personally) but not in unranked.

Agreeing much with magegod.

4 Likes

it was ridicolous, SL gearing system was terrible, and one of the worst we ever had, if u were not ahead of the curve constantly, ud literally lose the privilege of ACTUALLY PLAYING the game because anyone forming group would look only for the people with actual gear on, and even tho u were full, u cannot upgrade unless u have rating, as soon as 2 weeks have passed ud lose your chances to get invited very often

2 Likes

To be honest, they should just get rid of crafted gear and bump everyone to 6 maybe 9 ilvls below honor gear. The average player is just too dumb to know about the optimal ways to gear up for PvP and the whole situation ends up being an annoyance for everyone.

1 Like

Not agreeing. Started my alt super late in S1 and got R1 anyway. But yes the gear grind was annoying but not necessarily bad imo. Stomped everyone on the path in 2s anyway cuz i was simply good enough.

Scaled green blue epic. Could live w that i guess. 13 ilvl jumps. Still no fan. Honor is too ez to get anyway.

Yeah deffo. But as mentioned green PvP gear is purchasable on the ah cheap

Sl s1 and SL gearing n progressing was perfect

For the first time in many years I played BGs with a good reason, having fun while upgrading my gear

In DF I queued like 5 bgs in 2 years, simply cause 0 reason to go there

5 Likes

Totally agreeing. I wish it comes back but wont. Imo if they want to keep it it should only scale in ranked but not in world, wpvp and rnd bgs and so on. This would get ppl into rnd bgs and so on.

Also weps I had fully upgraded got used on mythic progression, getting cutting edge denathrius with a viable pvp gear

Everything felt connected n usefull

Also no 1 day rerolls, since gear upgrade took time
Gosh I miss this kind of wow so much

I wish there could be something usefull from random bgs, like pvp sparks divided into 10 parts n you get em from BGs

Playing BGs with no reason feels like a waste of time, thank god we at least will have rated bgs with soloq, this will make me play bgs again

2 Likes

I played with many alts in green pvp gear + some bis crafted items and has not been a terrible experience for me.

1 Like