The gear disparity is absurd

Yeah it was great but the hardstuck andys cried a river.

Hey lets grind full dalaran pve catchup gear and hop into pvp and then complain that i get grinded in pvp with bad pve gear. Hahaha. I swear. Its also ppls fault this game sucks more and more.

1 Like

Buy the green AH gear that is boosted in BG
Grind honor and do dailies: one day to full honor with probs 1 purple.
At that point depending on spec it will be kinda playable

1 Like

Still to much to ask for ppl.

Majority of the very small PvP playerbase dont want to do ranked, giving ranked players a gear advantage is comedically dumb to begin with n equalant to giving the best CSGO players aim assist, but worse yet. the grind was so bad that even those who did ranked were required to be unemployed in order to maintain relevant gear. For anyone with a job or family, or god forbid both the game was not playable in SL.

Alienating the casual playerbase to give the hardcore playerbase stat advantages in a PvP mode is the worst kind of design to go with, at that point we might aswell add pay to win features where you can spend 200 bucks n get +15 item lvl.

Gearing has been very managable in DF and it should continue on the same path. The damage SL did to WoW was staggering where the game was purely designed to fullfill a metric of playtime some suit came up with.

1 Like

Comparing cs with wow.

Nobody likes PvP :sweat_smile:

The comparison is actually great if you dident get locked up on the “uhhhhhhhh different games bad!” part.

Gear is extremely important in WoW which im sure you´re already aware of, giving stat advantages to players who are already performing better than the rest of the playerbase is shockingly stupid. Making it absurdly time consuming to the point where you cant have any other obligations or hobbies ontop of that is even worse, Seeing as you´ve spent over 100 hours in season 4 just in que for shuffle i dont expect you to relate to that fact however seeing as you clearly have an abundance of time.

Comparing cs to wow is hilarious. WoW is a mmo and gearing should always play a big role. In Ranked pvp ofc a limited one.

What u describe is why i didnt play classic wow in 2019. Cuz i cbaed playing 24/7 to be viable and getting taken out by bad players in op gear.

Its easy to gear a char rn. Too easy.

Ure acting like u cant play with honor gear. Its 13 ilvls difference to full. I wonder why u need the very best gear if u dont want to step into rated? I could equip full honor gear and slay everyone in rnd bgs cuz im simply godlike compared to the average player.

I have a 40hr/week job, im working out 3 times a week in the gym, have a family as well and i still have time to play. But yes i have a very very supportive wife. I get ur point dont get me wrong. Imo this gearing playing no role in PvP (basically) killed it off. Ppl have n reason to que up anymore.

3 Likes

The CS comparison was aimed at showcasing the absurdity of giving advantages to players who are already performing better, Giving aimassist to the best players in a shooter game is about as absurd as giving gear advantage to the best players in an mmorpg in a PvP mode. You already said you smash everyone while in honor gear, do you really need to deal 20-30% more damage than everyone else by sheer statstick power at that point?

I think DF gearing is the best its ever been, my only issue with DF gearing was in season 4 where PvE gear made an appearence as BIS. Beyond that i found DF gearing very reasonable.

I think those 13 item lvls does make a huge difference, if you factor in stat distribution and set bonuses etc the difference ends up being quite massive.

I think gearing should play a role just like its doing currently, although i will say being late to a season and showing up in honor gear fighting full conquest is not a fun part of the gameplay loop at all because conquest gains from none ranked gamemodes is abyssmal. I dont think most people doing PvP cares about gearing beyond the fact that they´re forced to do it to partake.

Rated gamemodes has struggled to maintain participation for years now n that is for multiple reasons, gear isnt one of them. WoW arena is hard for new players to get involved in due to learning curve, the playerbase is also way too small resaulting in high rated players playing against new players all the time no matter what the CR rating is. Then we have teamcomps limiting our ability to play with our freinds, everyone having jobs, families n such making it extremely difficult to find time to even play together. The list of problems is frankly endless.

Shuffle did really well for participation due to being accessable, i think thats been a fundamental problem with WoW PvP as a whole since it started. If shuffle had fast ques i´d enjoyed it alot more but i stopped bothering with it seeing as i spent far too much of my sparetime just waiting. It was fine in season 1 when i had alot of world content to partake in such as mining, wquests n such but after season 1 where i had no buisness in the open world anymore it started to feel really gnarly which is why i stopped queing.

1 Like

Lol dude compared aim assist to gear in ranked xd.

1 Like

And there you go.

Another reminder that the game is playable based on what you invest into it.

No it isn’t.

You’re going to die anyway, gear or not, in a BG by a better player who plays rated. Just as Thomas said, you can put a good player in greens and he will destroy a full decked out casual 9 times out of 10, unless his class is a full counter to their class or something.

As a bonus, casual or not, most people need their Tierset. That’s just the way the entire game is setup, not just PvP, playing towards getting your tierset.

So this is literally a made up problem that doesn’t exist.

Anything further repeated is simply repeating an excuse and nothing more.

You didn’t die to Jimmy because he had 10% more hp and 10% more dmg than you. You died because Jimmy played his class well enough to kill you.

It doesn’t matter if Jimmy is a full geared Mage and you’re a green Geared warrior. Because a green geared Jimmy will also kill the full geared warrior as a mage =)

2 Likes

I´ve already stated i have no issues what so ever with gearing the way it is in DF, i stated why SL was the worst gearing we´ve ever had. If you think gear is irrelevant you´re absolutely delusional but by all means lets go with your narrative, if you´re going to beat jimmy in fully upgraded SL styled conquest gear with your full greens as you claim, ( highly unlikely ) you´re clearly good enough to beat him without having a stat advantage, said stat advantage is also more than 10% if we go by SL 0 upgrades compared to fully upgraded.

So why do you want a stat advantage that gives you a statstick advantage against an inferior player? Once again, i have no issues with honor gear upgrading to conquest gear, im talking about SL gear upgrade that cost like 30k honor per piece n requires rating.

Yes he might have a job n a family but that doesnt change the fact that he has spent over 100 hours just in que waiting to play and you cant design a functional game around what a tiny minority are capable of.

We already have exclusive rewards for those who wants to invest an abundance of time to aim for the top, the game is already struggling maintaining its existing playerbase as is. If the game was designed by the top players entirely they would kill off PvP within a couple months.

If gear is so irrelevant why do you minmax as opposed to sitting in full honor gear every season to prove your point? You´re even sitting on PvE items to further minmax your stats.

1 Like

So why do you want a stat advantage that gives you a statstick advantage against an inferior player?

Stomping noobs used to be one of the rewards for pushing rating and proving yourself. It’s simply fun to mow down other players. And it used to be like that for many years during WoW’s golden age.

Personally, I’d prefer an improved SL system over the DF one, because I like gear progression and the advantage upgraded gear gave over players with less skill. However, I also see the flaws in that system and am willing to compromise for the greater good (= healthiness of PvP in general).

2 Likes

I get that, the problem is that everyone got older n our bs threshold is alot lower due to far more limited sparetime n far more options with games. Fun cant exlusively come at the expense of other people or they´ll simply move on.

You have people flagging for warmode making endless posts about getting ganked while leveling etc. Even back in the days of PvP servers ( i was stormscale horde myself ) the server was always horde dominated but towards the end it was like 95% horde - 5% ally as more n more people migrated to the winning side.

Besides, being full conquest n queing BG´s you can chug saltwater n pick up berserk n oneshot noobs as much as you want, the gear difference between conquest n honor is massive as opposed to what some people have claimed. I personally prefer to fight evenly matched opponents as opposed to just murdering some undergeared player but i might be in a minority in that regard.

Twink bracket is also a prime example of this where the twinks preyed on the normal players for ages n then eventually they get their own bracket n it died within 2 weeks. If you´re a good player you´re going to demolish bad players even if they have the same stats you do. Gear shouldnt be such a major factor in a PvP mode.

yes it was always like this, because its a mmo, where gear matters. live with it

try to play tbc or wotlk bg with green gear, a fully geared sm warri will charge u, and before u notice the charge animation you are already dead

the mistake what blizz did here was, that u dont get enough honor/conquest points per played game.

1 Like

Na, that’s pure bs. I came back on pre patch and had zero gear on any of my chars. I got myself full honor gear and cheap enchantments and jumped into solo shuffle, arena and bgs. It was completely fine, as a healer and as dps. Obviously, if you meet some multi r1 player fully geared, you will notice how bad it is, eventho the result would most likely stay the same on equal terms anyway, but about 95% of the player base is bad, which is why it worked and was fine.

2 Likes

The idea of equality in mmo pvp is absurd

Playin PvE you build your character to pwn AI, in PvP you do exactly the same to pwn players.

With thus fast gearing Id vote for even bigger disparity, cause you dont suffer for even a week to catch up
I’d like to see good old glad with t2 wep and shiny edgy gear, gotten with blood n sweat, and then this guy comes in and shows who’s the daddy here.

These days ppl gear up not for the advantage, they gear up to not fall behind basically.
Thats why you dont feel a thrill getting a piece of gear, the only moment it happens is when pvp wep drops from the vault 1st reset, but even this will not be the case anymore.

3 Likes

Just like that.

Its double edge sword. New players already struggling as it is, cos of wow complexity.
Its creates a lot more demand for boosting and even more r1 players farming noobs.
I personally enjoy as it was, great vault at the end was to grind UP those few PvE items for PvP, felt like Im progressing all the time doing just pvp. Gearing alts was noice, easy also.