The Kyrian's Are Bad Guys

So i just saw a thing, and it makes sense.

Anyone who does anything that thinks it was for a just cause, will think they are the good guys, but in reality it will be different with other peoples perspectives.

The Forsworn aren’t necessarily on the bad side of things.

People who go to bastion believe in duty, hence “Bluther”, thinking whatever their being told is the “Truth”, the Forsworn realized what the Kyrian’s are doing is bad morally.

1 Like

Brainwashed cult…thats it. Thrown them to the maw like they did to arthas

4 Likes

im a bad bad person for joining them last night ^^

but damn cant say no to those cute owls :P:P:P

and all that jummy jummy aoe :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Yeah…not buying it.

Any claims to moral superiorty the Forsworn have ends when you find out they’re in league with the Maw so all of their “we should be allowed to remember” is complete crap cover story for the whole “let’s rule the shadowlands” schtick.

I mean, the Kyrians make people forget who they were. That’s pretty nasty I guess, but they can leave if they don’t want to do it. The forsworn quite literally attempt to kill Kyrians for this and in the process of doing so are causing harm to the other souls in the Kyrian’s care.

Would have been believable if it was literally a counter philosophy, but the fact they enforce it over a sword and don’t seem to care about collatoral damage (evidenced by their inviting the necrolords in) tells me they don’t really give a toss about the freedom of others to “remember”.

15 Likes

yeah the forsworn are bad in their own way definitely, sorry i wasnt trying to say the were the good guys haha

the Kyrians philosophies are on the bad side of things is what i meant, they just make it sound like its the right thing to do.

I think it’s more a case that a lot of them do it because it’s the done thing. A tradition, they don’t really question it generally speaking. The philosophy is still questionable, but when you look at the eventual roles of Kyrians (spirit healers, soul ferriers) it makes sense.

As a spirit healer the Kyrian is meant to be able to see when a soul passes “into the veil” and determine whether it is indeed that soul’s time, or whether they have unfinished business. If they do, they put them back into the realm of the living. It would be extremely difficult for them to do this if they remembered aspects of their living life, as they could easily continually spare their family, whilst ensuring their enemies are taken even when it’s “not their time”.

Why do they have the right to “know your time”? That’s a good question. I think it’s those kinds of questions that people like SYlvanas and the Jailer are railing against (or at least presenting the idea they are) to create this impression they’re fighting for freedom against those who appear to be trying to exert control over everything.

Hard to say whether it’s good or bad, as we don’t know enough about the Arbiter, the Purpose or indeed why the Shadowlands works how it does currently in the first place. There may be an extremely good reason it operates the way it does, but these forces like Sylvanas and the Forsworn are defaulting to the “they’re telling you what to do, isn’t that evil?” without considering context (all the while ignoring they’re enforcing their own philosophy by force, which kind of mitigates their point entirely).

I mean, trying to sell yourself as an agent of freedom, when working for a dude called “the Jailer” is just such a hard sell. Maybe there will be a genuinely good plot twist, but atm it just looks like airheaded justifications for “why I did bad stuff”. We’ll see.

3 Likes

:joy: :clap:t2:

2 Likes

It is the jedi way to let go of your past.

And in the same way, it generates occasional rebellious souls who turn to the purple side.

My only question is what level of renown do I get mind trick?

4 Likes

Both sides of the Kyrian are extremes and in the wrong. The game knowsit and the game makes it blatantly obvious.

Gurentee as the expansion continues you they will join into a mix of both

2 Likes

In my head, I’m just stuck on Shaun of the Dead “the greater good” with a lot of their repetitive dialogue. I’m sure there was a comedy thing that did the whole “blessed be his name” phrase but I can’t recall it. Python’s “blessed are the cheesemakers” comes to mind though.

Their tone makes me think of how for years I got the feeling around Stormwind that there was some 1984 esque vibe of controlling the masses going on.

3 Likes

Oh, this totally reminds me myself and endless hordes of white knight I need to fight every day on every forum I visit. Being a rebel is a hard work and should be more appreciated!

a more important question would be, why are there no ducks in the game?

1 Like

But they are fooled! Or they want change!
The kyrian focus on theme “Order” and " Acension ". Those that focus on one of those elements turns away the kyrian code!
So, the forsworn are rebels, that disagree with the element “Order”. Thus, they want change to the code or rule, which cannot be guaranteed due to their * Inserts Magni’s Voice * " MOTHER !!! "

2 Likes

lets the real the kyrians are basically the jedi and the forsworn are basically the sith both of them is not completely in the right

2 Likes

Yeah I was very much getting SW Jedi/Sith vibes through Bastion as well, with the Forsworn being all “who we are makes us stronger, we musn’t forget these feelings” etc. I was essentially muttering to myself about how soon one of them is going to start shouting PEACE IS A LIE THERE IS ONLY PASSION.

No mind trick for you. You’re a monk (and pandaren) you should know the best mind trick is lots and lots of beer.

2 Likes

More like Alliance ( jedi ) Vs Horde ( sith )

Hello noble sinless souls,for your good deeds as mortal you will be rewarded with eons of brainwashing

3 Likes

the kyrians have to be this way to judge souls fairly. Or else you would end up with each kyrian deciding differently based on subjective views. Its pointless judging them based on our human ideas. Thats just as biased.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say alliance and horde match it too closely (alliance don’t focus on supressing feelings, in fact they do an awful lot of sentimental stuff and for example have worgen, and the horde isn’t quite as concerned with freedom cough sylvanas as sith philosophy)

However the Tushui Pandaren and Huojin ironically do. Huojin state that “doing nothing is the worst sin” and use their feelings about matters to guide their action, and the outcomes “outweigh the actions taken to get to them” which is very Sith, whereas Tushui focus on thinking before acting, not letting feelings dominate your behaviour and lots of meditational idealistic behaviour which is very jedi. For example Tushui philosophy stipulates that even if your friends were at risk, you should never do the “wrong thing” in order to prevent that risk, because it undermines you saving them in the first place.
So for example something like I don’t know…slaughtering every Tusken Raider because they killed your mother isn’t justified even if they brutally murdered her, because murdering them is wrong. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are a prospective ascendant and have doubt in the Kyrians cause, the Kyrians will kill you. They will not let you leave.