The Kyrian's Are Bad Guys

maybe im wrong but they seem similar to the valkyr

Like…what? Nobody is forced to give up their memories.

you know what, your kinda right

1 Like

You must return to the Path!

I like the Kyrian (well, I went with them so I must like them!) and can see their pov.
As to the Forsworn I think its one of those ‘you think you do but you dont’ situations. They want to keep their memories and not follow the rules…now just imagine what would happen if all Kyrian had all their memories. Every world would be flooded with souls/spirithealers wanting to go back and see their families. With the infinite amount of souls coming through lots of them would want to return home…its just not practical, is it?

The whole Forsworn really is thin on ice and blizzards presentation in game and those animated cinematics is just eye rolling story.Uther is brought to Bastion as trainee to ferry the souls,but he cant forget his past life cause he is wounded by Frostmourne.Davos somehow sees this as broken ways of the “kyrian way”(how if its of mawsworn making) and somehow finds epiphany from the Jailor and it is enough for he to inleague with him… :I We do know the Jailor was the guiding hand for every Lich King on Azeroth the healm was used as some kind of ancor for him.Once you realize all of that you are asking your self wtf Davos…it is really bad as it gets the whole Kyrian story.
Now somehow we should suspened all disbelief cause Frostmourne is riping souls twoparted,that might explain Uthers way of acting but it sure as hell does not explain the rest.

In short to make any sense of this nonsense,i believe it is suppoes to after everything is played out (in the Kyrian covenant campaign) show you how the Kyrian way is indeed the right way to deal with the whole Kyrian :I .And i agree it makes alot of sense the “kyrian way”.

Hot Fuzz mate

3 Likes

Ah yeah, mixing up my cornetto trilogy lol.

1 Like

I dont know about that.

If i had a traumatic life, then I would rather forget about it all.

It’s pretty tough that Kyrians erase the memories of those who want to ascend, but it’s kind of necessary, the ascended are necessary for the functioning of the Shadowlands, they’re the ones who ferry the souls to their designed places. They need to obey the dictates of the arbiter without question, doubt, and most importantly, without personal bias. Life grudges and personal relations can lead to souls sent to wrong places.

Think about an example, if an Ascended didn’t got his memory lost, and he’s tasked to ferry a soul of a personal enemy or rival to one of the realms, but instead, he decides to disobey the Arbiter’s judgement and throw the soul of his former life enemy, a worthy soul as judged by the Arbiter, into the maw, all of it because of a life memory intervening in the process. Or the contrary, the soul is deemed irredemable for it’s crimes and must be delivered to the maw, but an ascended don’t send it to the Maw because it was a friend or someone he trusted in his life.

Enough of hypothetical examples, just look at Uther and what he did to Arthas because we wanted justice, Arthas was irredemable? Possibly, but it’s also possible he was deemed redeemable and was to sent to Revendreth or even Maldraxxus.

No, the Foresworn are the super bad guys. Due to Blizzard’s max cringe writing, they’re being shown as having a fair point.

The Kyrians are psychopomps and you want your psychopomp to be absolutely neutral. The best way to do that is to erase their memory of who they were so they treat all souls the same regardless of having known them while they lived. It’s called being “impartial,” and lawyers, etc. have to step away from something if they have an obvious conflict of interest, such as being emotionally involved in it.

The exact same “logic,” which is just an emotional reaction, can be used to defend insider-trading, which we all recognise as being extremely bad.

Also, Devos most likely literally ruined everything by getting emotionally involved and bypassed the Arbiter’s judgment to give her own. And Kyresta is ruining the entire system again by agreeing that they might have a point.

You want some people to have total impartiality because just as they can decide in your favour autonomously they can also decide against you autonomously, even if they’ve no right to do so. Devos did that when she judged Arthas instead of letting the Arbiter do it.

And under such a system that can happen to me or you, and it fills me with dread and it should fill you with dread as well. Having them retain their memories of who they were and who they had relations to makes them essentially judge, jury, and executioner. And yes, that’s exactly like Judge Dredd. Judge Dredd is a facist, he’s only the hero since everyone else is worse. Judge Dredd is satire and when you read it you should be relieved that we have nothing anywhere near that instead of hoping we could have things like that.

The forsworn are literally killing people lol

Nope, Kyrians are 100% the good guys.
Kyrians are - as Arcana pointed out - the Psychopomps of the Shadowlands and they can’t do their jobs right unless they are completely unbiased and impartial, hence why they seek to erase the memories of who they once were.

The Forsworn want to cling to their pasts and that makes them incredibly dangerous to the process, as shown by Devos when she let Uther get revenge on Arthas by casting him into the Maw instead of judging him fairly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.