The leaks, what does it mean for roleplay? (Story Leaks)

Spoilers from here, be warned.

Hello kings, The latest leaks that have been released show evidence of the final raid being set in Stormwind City.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2506163-Speculation-Bizzare-quot-Leak-quot-reveals-screenshot-of-an-upcoming-Cinematic

As you know Stormwind City is currently the largest roleplay hub within the server,

What would happen is this leak is true, Stormwind City could be left in ruin similar to how is was in the First War?

Where would the larger roleplay community vacate towards? Ironforge? Redridge?

Personally, I would love the idea of Ironforge becoming the new hub + the roleplay that I would love to see surrounding the raid and how your own characters would deal with this.

What are you thoughts?

3 Likes

Roleplayer was right all along

4 Likes

Should probably mark possible spoilers in the thread, just in case someone thinks it’s a leak about a new mount or whatever.

It’s a plausible leak, but I hope it’s not real. Sylvanas committed to the faction war because she wanted the war over with before azerite makes it one of MAD. We know this from her internal dialogue in Before the Storm. Now suddenly her plan was… this? It’s Blizzard, I could see them do this, but come on.

1 Like

If this is real, it would be interesting. All the dead coming back to life from Shadowlands. Of course, I believe our Morally Gray Sylvanas would be behind this. Either Horde moves to Stormwind in different phase or it becomes hostile area for some time. Either way I would like the idea of Ironforge becoming new hub.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to these “leaks”. Most of them are fake. Screenshots don’t prove anything — they can be photoshopped (there was, for example, a fake leak with a screenshot of a revamped Lion’s Pride Inn).

Hope it’s true because the reactions will be funny

I think the community would probably vacate to Ironforge since it is basically a massive fort in a mountain. If not there then Duskwood also sounds liek anothe big choice.

I doubt it’s real, there’s a new leak every week or so and it’s just impossible to trust any of them. Fake or not though, the image is bloody well made so kudos to that.

If Stormwind does get ruined though, I hope the playerbase migrates over to Ironforge or Boralus. (Albiet phasing might be a problem with the latter)

2 Likes

This will probably happened instanced and the portal i bfa/ outside sw causing it to partially unnoticed.

1 Like

The new expansion sounds depressing as hell to RP in if it’s true. All the plot development sealed away in another dimension.

It’s like WoD, if WoD was sealed off day one.

Those are some :poop: tier leaks. The screenshot is made in Unity engine, look at the glossy water texture. Even in the rendered cinematics they don’t have water physics that reflective. It’s a fan-made SFM screenshot.

Another thing is that it falls into the same pitfall as other fake leaks – oversharing. They include too many niche details and then walk backwards trying to connect them to have some resemblance of continuity, and it really shows.

What does it mean for roleplay? Absolutely nothing. Wait for an official announcement.

Edit: “Anduin declares war on the Horde”?? wow what a twist, glad to know we’re finally at war lmao

16 Likes

Yeah, and it is not as if it doesn’t look 1 on 1 like a scene from return of the king.

t. lorthemar theron

3 Likes

The entire leak sounds extremely fake simply because of how ludicrous most of it is. Bolvar suddenly travelling to Stormwind despite being a frozen ash-zombie was the point it completely lost me.
Almost every leak covers the same things - Dragon Isles, Tinkers, the Shadowlands, N’Zoth and Azshara being antagonists later on. I’ll be disregarding it until we get any kind of announcement from Blizzard, even if these are fun to speculate about sometimes.

then again blizzard unironically revived illidan, gave every paladin an ashbringer, and added the long-standing fan obsession of demon hunters so what do i know

It depends. Battle for Dazar’alor and Siege of Boralus didn’t really have lasting consequences for either city involved aside from Rastakhan dying.

Redridge seems likely. Or Boralus.

Argent War 1: The Goldshirian theatre.

Only Ji left at the embassy, all other leaders dead except for Gallywix…

Time to turn Orgrimmar into Beijing

7 Likes

If this happens, it will be a big ++ to the roleplay community.

The leaks themselves do look OUTLANDISH, but the majority of themes in BFA have also been this.

I can see a number of events between the two factions taking place in Redridge, Duskwood, Westfall and Stranglethorn … etc.

Also Mekkatorque and Gallywix working together … hhm, interesting?

1 Like

Can we have a server-wide campaign where Goldshire is destroyed? No-one’ll mourn it’s loss.

4 Likes

Is it still afflicted by the nightmare?

It’s been afflicted by the nightmare since it was first created.

And you all thought the Rift of Aln was the source of the Nightmare…

2 Likes