The Leftovers

That’s what happened now. Suddenely, in just 2 weeks, mass numbers of people just vanished. Don’t even need data to see this. Our social raid had like 40 signups, now it barely gets 13 (mostly just main team alting now), mplus groups are down the drain and I just see fewer people in ori.
Maybe all jumped on leveling alts, but I also level alts, don’t see that many tbh.

This is concerning, I haven’t felt this left behind in wow like ever. BFA was nowhere near this type of extinction event I feel it is now.

I’m kinda salty blizz just dgaf and gamble on sub buybacks in a welcome back patch.

29 Likes

Many people are not feeling rewarded at many levels of the game. There are different opinions on how to fix this but currently for many people the Vault is their only real chance of an upgrade each week and that is not enough.

‘Non-instanced’ players (referred as casuals on here) are ‘done’ - 197 from PvP and/or covenant chain and there is no way to get higher (without going to harder content - which is a separate conversation to why people cannot/will not)

The World Boss and purple callings are the only chance of an upgrade for many ‘casual’ people each week and those have very low chances to be successful.

It is not enough, which is why people are leaving. Valor will fix it for those that do Mythic+, increased raid drops will help those that raid but the rest still have nothing to aim for (I know some will say they don’t need or deserve it but it does not change the fact people like shiny items to aim for and it is not there right now)

27 Likes

I’m doing WQs for rep and Anima, and I see loads of people doing them.

4 Likes

There was more players in 8.3

16 Likes

Usual end-of-patch lull. Loads of people are done with their target raid difficulty. M+ is seeing a hit because of the Valor announcements - people don’t feel like doing M+ now when in a month they will get more bang from their time spent. Even the casual players are mostly done with their goals, having done the story content and obtaining decently built up sanctums.

This happens every expac release and every content patch cycle. It feels worse simply because this patch cycle is a bit longer for a .0 patch with less info than usual on what’s coming next, and the fact we are going down from larger than average population numbers from launch.

1 Like

The problem with statements like these are that they are really anecdotal, same with the m+ group thing you mentioned. You’ll see a decrease but others might see an increase.

Personally I haven’t noticed any fewer people signing up for keys and the guild I’m in is still as active as it was at launch

2 Likes

I logged to the game yesterday and we had 4 people online :joy_cat: decided to alt f4 and do something else. everyone is raid logging

4 Likes

Its happeninf for like a month now and you just realized it? When the hype dies off and everyone start to see all the flaws ofcourse most of them will leave. I would have left too already if i wouldnt get all the free months.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a decline, but lately it’s been hitting me like a truck. And I get it, why do m+ when the rewards are so low and bad, and raid I stopped doing 3 weeks ago cause tired of anima.

6 Likes

I also stopped last week.
Gonna look what will be on blizzcon, if it’s still so bad, I’ll go continue my ff14 journey.

Can’t bother to waste time in m+ and raids.
The first raid i don’t even bother to get hc since… Forever

2 Likes

I’m just leveling my allied races at this point, hunt for mounts run old raids for collection’s and tbh, i’m more happy than playing on my main run nathria or m+ for no rewards, or hell even no lore satisfaction, i’ts really bad and the worst is that there are people that think we are just complaining for the sake of it.

3 Likes

I’ve not been around that long (Legion release was my real first time playing)and there have been serval lulls in numbers and activity but this time it ‘feels’ a bit different.

There are people playing it is clear to see but with sharding etc. it is deceiving . I have not known so many people at so many levels of game play to be openly as unhappy as they are now. Even BfA has people (like myself) that enjoyed all of it - I always felt there was something worth while for me to do.

I hope raid drops from tomorrow will be the beginning of fixing the issues, valor will as well for some.

But they need to address the many other unhappy/unfulfilled people. It is not all about loot but it is a big part of it. People like rewards for time invested (not effort or difficulty - time). Everyone should get something for the time they put in regardless of content (what that is and how it is obtained is a much bigger discussion) at the moment that is not the case.

Personally as I have said previously I have installed another game for the first time since August 2016 (I typically play one game only have a number of year and hammer it - I am strange). WoW will not lose me yet and I look forward to Blizzcon but the continuous cycle of making and then fixing problems that the development team seem to revel in is getting tiring.

4 Likes

And here I thought this thread was about the pet battle quest. :wink:

2 Likes

not much to do now that everyone is 227 item level

they need to drop some spoilers for 9.1 and beyond
dont rush patch but give us some meat already to chew on
what mogs to collect there? what is the story? what is the raid?
people need some info to stay around imho

1 Like

In contrary I see more group on LfG even in the middle of the night. Perhaps people started to realize what a disgusting activity PvE is and started to PvP.

There is no change in my guild, had 1 online before, still 1 :smirk:

I climbed in arena by mixing covenant gear and PvP honor gear. Those people expect 226 iLvL rewards by doing world quests. And if they are casual, do they need high iLvL gear? To farm bfa dungeons etc, do they really need it? Lol.

1 Like

Same, we’ve had the regular few drop out as we get every patch/new expansion but we’re not struggling for sign ups.

There is always a natural cycle with all games, some will always lose interest, feel they’ve seen what they want to and will be back later.

2 Likes

No one expects 226 from wq’s hyperbole doesn’t help. They want something to work towards even if it take weeks/months.

As I have said elsewhere who are we to judge if they ‘need’ it. Why can’t they have some reward, why does it matter? People are fixated on what others are getting.

Many have stopped playing, time after time on here (and elsewhere) their reason is they feel unrewarded.

8 Likes

its simple

people who still belived that blizzard will do anything to give casuals reason to log in just thrown towel.

there is no point to play if you are casual player atm . and there is no point playing 9.0.5 because blizzard is catering only to 1% then .

13 Likes

you have spoiler. gear will be going only to nolifers . like in 9.0

so people unsub. because they cba anymore.

WoD 2.0

6 Likes