The Leftovers

Grossly underrated, atleast where I live no one knows it but for me its a truly 10/10 show. I love the atmosphere they made.

Welp, I’m casual and I’m still playing… so, if you want to use anecdotal evidence as an absolute, then I’m proof you are wrong.

I have not, or at least a quick google did not ring a bell.

For the first time tonight it felt like less people were playing. I normally pug raid heroic (plus sire normal) on a Wednesday and do m+ on a Thursday. This week I couldn’t Wednesday so I pug raided tonight.

It was hard and after 6 hours I’m 2:10 H. There were seemingly no decent heroic groups. Also all groups fell into four categories.

1. The 190 group. I did get invited but often was 20 Ilvls above most of the raid (I’m 212)

2. The twitch - follow me, raid. I report them and it is advertising plain and simple.

3. Wts- I notice sire is down to 80k now.

4. Curve minimum, multi-curve 5/10M+ preferred, most groups I saw fit into this section, I’m not acceptable to them at this point.

6:10H puggers like myself trying to work towards curve (I’ve been 6/10 for two weeks now, council seems to be the breaking point) on the evidence of tonight are out of luck. It wasn’t a good experience this evening.

The good groups that I’ve found recently were not about tonight, hopefully it was a one off but worrying if this continues. Tomorrow I’ll try again along with pugging m+ (Got a 9 mists key so should be ok).

I’ll report back my experience.

4 Likes

Same happens to me specially in rated bg groups , there is a big decline on this cringe dumpsterfire of a expansion
Hope they do something GOOD to make game better but ofc there will be none
Whole game is just a big hamsterwheel with gnomes and taurens in it

Probably people realising that valor points won’t apply to existing gear.

If valor is your bag, it’s most efficient to take a break now, go minimum maintenance mode and save some energy for 9.0.5.

1 Like

There is not a decline, its phasing. Lots of players are playing, you just dont see them a lot visibly.

lfg has nothing to do with phasing. But you troll with every post so you know that.

1 Like

Funny thing about this is that i always do this in content drought at the end of expansion now its 1 patch and i feel like i’m at the end of expansion :smiley:

2 Likes

I say the opposite, there is so much to do, you don’t know where to start so you cannot make a plan. I feel overwhelmed and as a result demotivated, I feel I cannot achieve my goals in a reasonable time so I don’t want to bother.

Can i have this in m+ as a resto shaman i dont want to cast healing surge or healing wave or plan my cloudburst or put my healing rain down or use my ascendance i just wanna press RIPTIDE …

There is no more progress for many casuals now. We are 7/7 upgrades but facing 225+ (30ilvl) with much higher damage and survivability in rpvp. Not really doing m+ or raiding in my case.

Rolling alts and leveling feels bad (i don’t know how really, just the design is a bit off putting. Even if it’s fast it feels bad). Random bgs seem pretty much unbalanced factionwise as well. Then there is the let down of Blizzcon online with not much to look forward to beside TBC and Diablo 2.

1 Like

Define casual - 'cause no one on this forum has ever done that.

1 Like

Sorry my kid just pressed post.i had to edit a bit.

As for “my” definition: casual = can’t put too many hours in the game and just playing casually.

dev has no vision to the future, and considering how item level progressed from SL release so far? so probably in last expansion’s patch you will hit 400item lvl, and then you won’t need to press any key to heal anyone xD

Tonights report. Worrying if this continues.

The ‘middle’ seems to have almost disappeared.

There are 190-200 HC groups hoping to bag the first and maybe second boss.

There are loads of 1,8,9,10 Curve required, 3+ M kill preferred.

There are loads of Sire only (I assume they are mainly paid groups looking to get geared ppl to help them fulfil their runs)

But there are almost no - 210-220 Heroic progression groups. I’ve spent over ten hours the last two nights and seen only a handful.

This is a big change from previous weeks

Friday night

I started queueing at 8pm server for hungering (struggled to the first 2 last night) after 90 minutes I got into a semi guild group. We got to 7/10H (at 23:30 server) which was +1 for me,it was a nice group , we wiped, got up and went again . No histrionics or drama.

What concerns the most is the lack of the middle, there are plenty lower than me, and plenty higher but very few at the same level as me, I have the same frustration with PvP RBGs (213.62 ilvl as of writing)

I DID FINALLY GET A PIECE OF (useful) LOOT first in 5 weeks of raiding (legs from hungering - wrong stats but 13 ilvls) - I’ve only had the belt from huntsman 4 times including picking it from the vault first. Still no SL weapon drop/vault in the whole expansion (my only drop was a 200 in TW raid - this cannot be right)

Was my only loot from 9 bosses (2N 7H) not enough in my opinion.

Now I will have to wait until tomorrow for Rio to update to show me as 7/10 before I can get an invite for 8 groups – the addon is so annoying at times.

1 Like

I just checked this thread for the title. I liked The Leftovers series.

All i do now is just raidlog and do my 4 weekly m+, don’t even want to start taking arenas seriously because it’s full of boosters.
I even stopped doing the maw except for weekly quests and torghast because what’s even the point?

1 Like

I kinda felt the same in wow recently, that people just vanished almost instantly, lots more then 2%.
Used to be tons of players signing up to my keys, and although I still make the groups, the amount of people signing up has plummeted to half a page unless its an easy 12 halls-mists and it’s Tuesday.

It’s not all bad though, lots of high ranked rio players on their alts, which I enjoy. I just hope the .5 patch stabilize the population, don’t want more people quiting.

This is what I see too. The power gamers are mostly still there and the extremely casual are still there but the middle group seems to have collapsed. This does make perfect sense when you think about it, it’s that middle group who are going to have seem progress hit a wall. The real power gamers can overcome the lack of gear and the extreme casual is probably happy with covenant gear, those in the middle are likely giving up though as they won’t be seeing enough progress.

The population is probably on a normal distribution, if it is then blizzard may hit the bell in the bell curve. That is probably a full on emergency in terms of large numbers of players being unhappy or simply quitting.