THE LVL SQUISH! (Problem)

I see so many problems with this LVL squish everyone is talking about, they are opening a Classic wow this summer to 60, why would they make Retail level 60 as well, for an example, and what worries me and confusing the heck out of me, what will Classic Raids etc be then? huh? level 10? 5? cause or do we all have to sweat our asses off to farm all the transmog through Classic level 60 raids, and how is levling going to affect this? my fear in all this is it won’t fix anything, in fact, I think its going to just bring up more stuff that people might abuse such as Twinks, I am sorry for complaining I just see no good in this xD at all, farming transmog would then be a pain in the butt, would levling be slow as well, I know you can’t tell cause it was just mentioned at the Q&A but damnnn, this idea just destroys my head so much…I guess I am the only one who sees this as a problem and an annoyance.

It would seem kinda weird alongside classic but these were some numbers I threw around in another thread…

1-40 Vanilla zones
40-45 Outland/Northrend
45-50 Cata/MoP
50-55 WoD/legion
55-60 BFA

Then go up by 5 each new expac to prevent this happening too fast again.

Riding at lvl 15
Epic mount at lvl 25
Flying at lvl 35
Epic flying at lvl 45

Just a vague example of how I picture it in my head. Expansions would be compressed into two’s with only 5 levels between them. This way classic would still be the bulk of the leveling process.
You also wouldn’t be hitting vanilla raids at something silly like level 20

2 Likes

I don’t think people understand that current wow ain’t classic…<_> half of you didn’t even play Classic, jesus, you played some bugged thing that was created behind blizzard’s back and policy, I ain’t putting names, but that was not real Vanilla, after some people played those they think they know as much as a real classic player.

I never played Vanilla, that is now called classic, vanilla is the first game, it can never be called Vanilla again, its still classic wow, and I started at the end of TBC, still old times, but however, at the start of Classic it was hardly 300+ online on a server, yes the game did go up fast, but many that are currently on wow, and also have been whining about Classic never even played it back in the old days, as I said they played some bugged, or tripled XP on the internet now thinking they know everything.

I would prefer

1-20 vanilla
21-55 all the other exp except BFA
56-60 BFA

One could choose where level. For me is a pain to level in wod. is faster but i hate the environment and the dungeons.

4 Likes

Classic, its called Classic, google Vanilla, Classic is what its name is after it turned to TBC.

My issue is this will they change the amount of xp required to lvl so we need more per lvl or will they keep it the same?.

If they keep it the same then what is the revalance of the previous expansions and will this destroy any hopes of blizz ever making the world of azeroth relevant again at all.

And if they increase the required xp will we still have the same problem? But instead of 120 being the distance we will just have a smaller number making leveling feel even less rewarding as it will still take an age just to lvl up once.

1 Like

uff it was just to give an idea. so

1-20 classic
21-55 all the other exp except BFA
56-60 BFA

It takes 2 hour almost to 30-40, if you’re a better player even 2 hours to 60, if this levl thingy was out, of course it will take longer lul, people don’t understand that?

Not trying to be salty, sorry, but Vanilla is a thing you say to kinda explain old times, for example, “Vanilla woltk” if they put a current woltk out, it would not be the same as Vanilla, people have experience of the game, as for current Classic when its out, imagine how many people will use Quest Helper addons that are out now, back in old times you had to literally google everything or find it yourself, Classic wow when its out going to be easier, explaining old content is when I’d say “Vanilla” when current Classic is coming this summer, people are aware how to quest, no Dung finder, rank 1,2,3,4,5,6 spells, hardly have money to buy the spells, had to pick some of the spells only couldn’t take them all, but yeah I just have issues in my head to imagine how all this level squish thingy can even be any good, but I might be wrong :slight_smile:

I mean why would you change the amount of xp earned and needed to reach max lvl ? If the only purpose of the lvl squish is to reduce the max lvl then cap at 60 and change the required xp to match that of current retail (1 to 2 and 2 to 3 retail = 1 to 2 post squish, 3=>5 = 2=>3 post squish ect).

It could be that easy tho, but i think wow need more work than a mere number squish and that Blizzard would try to make leveling more rewarding along the lvl squish.

I mean, how about world quest through lvling in Azeroth ? Minor talents you could earn between spell & talent acquisition to further customise your build ? More talents and skills ?

I would love to see something like an heroic lvling mode, which could be turn on/off like WM in selected areas and make lvling a lot harder but way more rewarding (actually dying while lvling and needing consumable ect ?)

Would be awesome imo.

If you dont enjoy the leveling zones, just level through Random Dungeons and Battlegrounds like I do :stuck_out_tongue: Its really fast. 2-3 BG loses = level up + powerful gear from the crates.

The problem is not the numbers (120), the problem is the zones! You are all sick of them cuz you repeated the quests so many times. What will change if we squish to level 60? Nothing! You have to do the same quests in the same boring zones! There is no point to waste time of re-calculating/scaling everything just to have the same game with less numbers…

Nothing is supposed to be different, just like with the other number squish, there will be hidden modifiers to compensate.

Also this has nothing to do with classic, nobody says max level will be 60, blizz has no plans for this atm.

The point is that leveling feels irrelevant now, imo they could even make a new expansion without even raising the level cap, we already have access to everything independent of levels.
The only thing that 10 extra levels every expansion does now is to take away all our power.

Best would just scale everything to max. No more system of just padding more player levels each expansion, and rather look for somethign else. Or they could make it so that we lost 5-10 levels every expansion.

I have said it before and i shall say it again.
We dont need a levelsquish. Lorewise the Current Leveling system makes no sense. since your Kul Tiran has to’’ travel back in time’’ to level up. Its just wrong.

Make everyone start at lvl 100 for a new Char
Make every Allied race start at lvl 120( starting next expansion)
Release New expansion and increase the level cap to 160
Then ‘’ remove’’ 100 levels from the game without actually removing them.
You just dont show the first 100 levels on a char its not important.
Use the new expansion to re-vamp the entire Old world of Azeroth.

Turn Outland Northrend Pandaria ETC in a Timewalking leveling playstyle. Where your char KNOWS he/she/it/that is going back in time to find out wtf happend

They could probably cut out a huge amount of zones making them options like choosing Outland or Northrend.

1 Like

This is such a silly comparison just bcs clasic was 60 and they could do Bfa 60 is just a number, one that in my pov would help the dullnes of the current leveling pace

level squish needs to happen,the sooner the better!

OP seems mad.

“lassic Raids etc be then? huh? level 10? 5?”

Level squish won’t affect classic wow in any way so your argument is dumb.

Level squish is needed along with talents, spells rework.

1 Like

From my point of view the lvl squish is not that exciting, mostly it is just a visual thing. so 1 to 120 will be replaced with 1 to 60. But you can just change the number on the level line. Just divide every level by 2, So that will result in:
1 -> 1
10 -> 5
20 -> 10
30 -> 15
40 -> 20
50 -> 25
etc
120 -> 60
The only things that need to be fixed are things that show levels, but in the foreground you see level 60, but in the background it could still be level 120.

For the love of Metzen, would you guys please stop opening new threads on this? We’ve got three or four going already.

1 Like

Thanks but no thanks for stating my opinion for me. The only reason I haven’t bothered leveling my Kul Tiran druid as i acctually planned are not about the zones and the quests in the zones at all.

For me it’s about the feeling and sense of progression. Right now, even with heirlooms(but at a significantly reduced rate), you feel like your “de leveling” especially during the skill and talent draughts around 60-120.

For me as a Vanilla player that have done most zones more times then i remember 1-60 acctually still feels “fine”, however beyond this point it’s just a grind with nothing to look forward too. Except a couple of skills and talents with 15 or more levels in between.

A level squish whould from that perspective solve many of my current issues with leveling. Even if it whould take just as long or perhaps even longer, a level whould feel way more significant if it added something new to your character upon leveling up.

But since this is a change that won’t only concern myself, but also other players I try to see it from a full perspective.

120 levels feel daunting, if you have done the trip before you know it’s not “too bad” and “it goes fairly quick”. But if you never leveled up before 120 looks very far away… and it’s even further away if you don’t have heirlooms or knowledge on how to improve the “exp per hour” grind.

Next up it’s the heirlooms. If you don’t wear them. You will get de-leveled even harsher in the current “scaling zones” system. Even if you can equip new gear it’s soon useless again, making it feel like the gear don’t matter(This is acctually worse for heirloom users, since gear don’t matter at all for ~110-120 levels).

By a level squish it whould be possible to iron out these bumps which makes you feel “de-leveled” and also increase the value of each thing you do while leveling. If you find a piece of gear it will last longer, the feeling of distance between aquiring new skills and abilities will feel shorter(even if the experience required are the same)etc.

Even if humans can apply logic to any sort of argument, our feelings also take part. Sure I could level up by mass grinding enemies. Because that’s still the fastest way to level hands down, a bit faster if combined with a quest to cause this genocide of Elwynn boars. But who whould choose that option?

I can see alot of issues with a level squish, but it don’t take much for me to also see the positive aspect.