The Many Crimes of Tyrande Whisperwind

I did not want to do this, but the night elves’ folly left me no choice.

It is time that the fair denizens of Azeroth take a long, hard look at the wicked tyrant who lords over the lands of northern Kalimdor.

Exposition 1: The mortal races land on Kalimdor and strike out in search of food, wood and other resources.
The night elves’ first reaction? Slaughter. Led by Lady Whisperwind herself, they mercilessly kill the races of the Horde and the Alliance, with no apparent regard for mortal life. I guess being the favoured of the very demigods of nature means you get to choose which lives matter and which lives don’t? Maybe they view the other races as lesser for their lack of immortality. Don’t fool yourself: though they are humbled by the events of the Third War, which have robbed them of eternal youth and showed them that other races too deserve to protect their world, their history of evil is undeniable.

Exposition 2: Tyrande frees Illidan, murdering several brave Wardens in the process.
One of Tyrande’s most brazen acts of villainy is well known, and truly stands as a testament to her evil, ruthless nature. Tyrande, all too easily driven to resorting to extreme measures, decided to release Illidan from his captivity in some misguided attempt to turn the tides in their battle against the Legion. What’s worse? That she murdered her own people, brave soldiers who had fully dedicated themselves to their duty, which they valued above their petty tyrant’s rash wishes? Or that she released a fel-crazed maniac, whose crimes are innumerable but include the slaughter of thousands of innocent draenei, Broken and other life forms who wanted nothing but a peaceful existence on that harsh world called Outland? She has murdered her own. She has condemned countless innocents to death. All because she wanted to get her way, believing her judgment is superior.

Exposition 3: Tyrande performs the ritual of the Night Warrior… and embraces the Void.
Yes, that’s right. As if freeing Illidan wasn’t enough, she has now also freely invited the Void into night elven lands. Proof that the Night Warrior is related to the Void is a-plenty. Besides the whole dark side of the moon/Elune metaphor, the magic Tyrande uses in her battle against Nathanos and the Val’kyr looks exactly like shadow/Void magic would.
“B-but the Void isn’t inherently bad!”
Sorry, but it is. Besides it being a malignant force which is inherently corruptive, we can see the effect the Black Moon has on the wildlife of Darkshore. Animals go crazy and-
“Sh-shut up!! That’s because of all fighting and blighting!”
No, you shut up, you stupid, imaginary wretch. I don’t need you to provide counterarguments, because our fair readers all know that the murlocs in Darkshore are called “Mooncrazed”, obviously because of the effects of the Black Moon…
Oops, you didn’t. Guess I’m dropping some truth bombs on the nelfposters. Hope it didn’t hurt like Theramore!
Regardless, facts are facts. The very protectors of nature are now corrupting it.
Want me to tell you another fun fact? There’s also another group of “Mooncrazed” beasts, this time moonkin, who appeared back in Legion.
And what is it that corrupted them?
The Emerald Nightmare.
So much for being “guardians of nature”, eh?
PS: Sorry void elves. Many deem you useful allies; some might even call you brave, for trying to harness a force as destructive as the Void. But what you certainly are, is a batch of ticking time-bombs. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Ticking away 'till the day you all get purged and purified.

Exposition 4: Under Tyrande’s leadership, the Army of the Black Moon works traumatized refugees to death in the mines of Darkshore.
I’d wager you didn’t know about this one. But yes, it’s true. Play the Horde version of the Darkshore warfront, travel south and see for yourself the horrors that unravel there. Mobs named “rescued refugees”, put to work under the watchful eyes of midnight elves (AKA Night Warrior elves, but this is shorter and better) and worgen. Imagine being a civilian night elf, who loses who knows how many family members and friends to the Horde… one who finally gets “rescued”, only to end up doing a job as tough and demanding as mining… IN THE MIDDLE OF A FREAKING WARZONE.
I’m sure the night elven leadership regretfully said that it can’t be helped, pinking away an artificial tear in an attempt to preserve their dignity. I’m sure some night elves volunteered, hell-bent on revenge. But, I’d wager many more were simply too tired, too heartbroken to say “no”, and were subsequently pressed into service. Regardless of these refugees’ intentions, it is clear that innocent lives matter little maybe to the night elves in general and specifically and most certainly, to their tyrant, Tyrande.
It was ever since the night elves struck to murder innocent settlers. It was ever since Tyrande murdered loyal, devoted Wardens. It was ever since she freed Illidan and empowered him to commit to his dark path that would end with the deaths of thousands upon thousands. It was ever since she allowed herself to be consumed with vengeance, and made the Void part of her and her people.

She is pure evil. She is irredeemable.

She has to be stopped.

Thank you for reading, and Light be with you.

PS: Obviously, there are many more crimes Tyrande is guilty of, such as corpse desecration and racism. I have made my point, but feel free to raise these issues as any misguided night elf posters happen upon this thread and seek to point out a fallacy of some kind, which they will certainly fail in.
Obviously, by now you understand why some of your fellow night elves embraced Sylvanas’ gift, as well as why the Holy Light is your only path to salvation.

PSS: I have not mentioned Malfurion; this was a concious decision. It is not my place to judge whether he is complicit or simply too blinded by love to notice the evil residing in his wife’s heart.

18 Likes

The Kaldorei are merely a means to an end. Once our shining armies have annihilated the pitiful Horde, Stormwind shall turn on the Kaldorei… and exact vengeance. For what is the fickle goddess Elune compared to the eternal Light of absolute Human Potential?

2 Likes

Amazing bait topic. 8/10 points.

14 Likes

Interesting facts. I do think that you may have missed the greatest of her crimes however, and that is the crime of lethargy/apathy as a leader.

The Night Elves called the period post-WotA the “Long Vigil”, but in truth it was a period of stagnation. Vigilance would be characterised by not just watching, but preparing - they’d be advancing, expanding, and making sure that they were ready for the next Legion invasion.

Instead, under the watchful eye of Tyrande we saw no such preparation. They were wholly taken by surprise with zero advancement or plans in place for the Third War invasion.

Had she made ready they may not have lost Nordrassil and their immortality. Instead her vigil finished with her needing the help of the lesser races, a capstone to her failure.

6 Likes

The entire Kaldorei race, especially Tyrande, should be burned. BURN THEM ALL!

I never read so many twisted arguments at once. And defaq void?! Send sources if you want to be taken seriously :rofl:

11 Likes

What WoW learn me about female characters in this game is: They all had good, noble intentions but… All of them turn crazy in attempt of revenge xD

Now I’m waiting for a reply that Acitivison is guilty for all :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh, I see it’s Rotgarde. I’m out here…

5 Likes

Looks down at the responses

Well it’s working.

5 Likes

Not everyone who posts something you disagree with is Rotgarde sorry.

4 Likes

Well, I written my post to that. Most things are just twisted af here.

I agree. It is twisted how Tyrande has remained a venerated leader of her people despite the facts that have been provided and laid down.

5 Likes

Exposition 1: The Horde and Alliance invaded her home, harvested their lumbers illegally and killed their god. They Night Elves had every reason to respond with hostility. This is in no way a crime. And what “history of evil” are you referring to? Saving Azeroth from the Legion?

Exposition 2: Not a crime. She holds absolute rule in her nation, and coudlt thus free him if she wanted to. As she herself stated: “Only the goddess can forbid me anything.” Besides, had Illidan not been freed, the Third War may have been lost. The lives saved outweigh the lives lost.

Exposition 3: Not a crime. There is no evidence that what she is using is void magic. just shadow-magic, something that is fully legal to use. This was done in response to the Horde destroying her home. She has done nothing unjust with the power. She has not been shown to be corrupting anything.

Exposition 4: Have you considered the possibility that they may be working there willingly? You provide no evidence for your claim.

Why? Not one of her acts were done out of malice.

From what? Saving her people?

19 Likes

Interesting opinions.

I disagree.

With love,
Hala

14 Likes
https://media.giphy.com/media/mxDZecDOOsWCA/giphy.gif
7 Likes

How your post got 4 hearts and Serelunas only 2. I’m sad right now :frowning_face:

I meam her post is great against such nonsense like this.

2 Likes

I was told I am lovable :heart:

With love,
Hala

8 Likes

This Thread is stupid

/dislike

4 Likes

Void and shadow magic are the same thing, as per Chronicles Vol. 1 - whoops!

3 Likes

Dab on 'em, champ.