The Microtransactions and pay to win is killing TBC classic

Then why did you use it if it’s not worth?

1 Like

If they are adding pay to win why call it Burning Crusade Classic?

There is nothing classic about that. The reason why retail is so boring and non-rewarding. Everyone can just pay to get same progress, rating etc and all within the ToS.

Get a grip Bli$$ard

2 Likes

I don’t care what you have. The game starts at level 1… Having an option to buy 58 levels is paying for power, period. There is no argument against it, nomatter how much you try to dance around it. Is the gear trash? Yes. Does it take investment into properly entering the Dark portal? Yes. It’s still so powerful, most people buy it, making it a blatant pay to win mechanic.

4 Likes

Pull your head out from your a$$, will ya ? You buy gold, then you buy services to get gear. That is just one example.

2 Likes

The above is ALL your opinion not facts, i can agree to disagree with you but i won’t have myself get your opinions pushed onto me. You wanna be a “game fundamentalist” fine but leave me to my own.

2 Likes

The game start at level 1, that’s a fact. A level 58 is stronger than a level 1, that’s a fact. Buying 58 levels is buying power, that’s a fact. Which one of these statments are you arguing is an opinion?

2 Likes

What else do you expect from people who buy that deluxe package?
These people are already lost and a waste of time to deal with.

2 Likes

you really do have a problem with understanding how forums work and reading don’t you?

So what did i quote and what did the first part of the sentence before the comma say? come on !! i’m not even going deeper into this, not gonna write you a manual about how to use and understand forums pfffffffffff just lost my patience with you. I’m going to happily game now, have fun, bye

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t call the boost pay to win, but I can see why people would. It has definitely contributed to the downfall of the game. I’ve just levelled from 1-59 since the release of tbc and I was often completely alone in the zones.

I’m not even surprised that Blizzard basically betrayed their community by adding these “micro” transactions, £70 isn’t really micro in my book. They have lost all their integrity. I used to be a fan boy, but these days I can’t stand them. Constant lies and retail is absolute bollocks. If classic hadn’t released I wouldn’t have come back after wod.

The sad thing is, I love classic but the way blizzard have handled it… its like watching someone you love dying from some disease in front of your eyes whilst blizzard stand in the background with the vaccine doing nothing.

9 Likes

Translation: I bought power, I know I bought power and I try to justify buying power.
I haven’t seen a single person actually having a good argument that the level boost isn’t buying power.

4 Likes

Side note: a vaccine doesn’t work when you already have the disease.

Boosts is the worst thing they could ever do to classic. P2W is poison to the thoughs of #nochanges and it totaly disgusted the majority of the player base.

4 Likes

Even in your own comment and with what you quoted you claimed that the game starting at level 1 was just his opinion. That was clearly a mistake, but you also didn’t provide any arguments why buying levels is not buying power. The only thing you could even call an opinion was that he called the boost “powerful”. You could also argue that we don’t know if “most ppl use it”, but that’s still also not an opinion.

The facts are: You got from level 26 to 58 with the click of a button. You don’t have to spend the time leveling those levels now. You gained something from that. Those are not opinions.

With the deluxe package you also got the ugly mount and the teleport with the ugly animation (I really don’t understand why anyone would want them…). Those being ugly are my opinions. You see?

3 Likes

what a is the power that you get from a level 58 character with bad gear?

Compare it to a level 1 character. There’s the power you gained. 1 to 58. 57 levels. X amount of XP. The point is pretty clear if you actually use your brain for a second, lol.

5 Likes

And how does that affect you? There is an opportunity for players that just want to play TBC for 30$ and skip dead content… this dosen’t affect you in any way… P2W is when u have advantage over other players… What are you competing with them? Levels? Im a true classic lover that stopped playin in Cata, but let’s be real, lvl58 boost dosen’t affect anyone…

2 Likes

Buying gold from the chinese have direct influence over other players… not the boost…

In terms of leveling, yes, you obviously gain an advantage compared to someone who has to level without the boost. In that sense, yes, you can actually call it P2W. Why would it need to affect me directly? That is such a bad argument.

Yeah, gold buying is much worse. 100% agree.

You already explained how it affects the game: boosting kills content.
TBC is just an addon for classic wow, not a new game. The only thing that gets irrelevant by an addon is the classic endgame. You don’t need a boost to skip classic endgame content.
By boosting you don’t skip dead content, you skip the relevant content and kill it.
Why level from 1-58 if you can just press a button that gets you to level 58 instantly?

Anyway, i enjoyed classic from the revive until it got killed again and this TBC classic is already boring after 3-4 weeks.

2 Likes

But the boost kills the content for the players that bought the boost, not for the regular players.
Its their lost, not yours… They are loosing money and content…
Still it dosen’t affect the other players