The Microtransactions and pay to win is killing TBC classic

Well i don’t want to play this game because it’s a great single player experience xD
For a single player game it’s pretty bad.
There are almost no players leveling from 1-58. That affects my MMORPG experience quite a lot.

1 Like

Boost negatively affects low level experience, making sub 60 zones barren. However saying that instantly acquiring lvl 58 gives you any real advantage is silly when lvl cap is 70 and most 60s had huge gear advantage, even if having only questing greens as communal ilvl 40 gear is hot garbage.
This is paid cath up mechanics is destructive for low level part of community, but at the same time it allows friends to play TBC together faster.

1 Like

58 levels of power with bad gear.

When I start from level 1 and you start from level 58, you obviously have an advantage.

I have to spend, roughly 100 extra hours to catch up. Now I don’t want to make the time argument, because it plays into “It’s a pay to skip”, which is obviously stupid, but I’d say it like that.
Why shouldn’t a cash gear shop be in the game? I only payed to skip the dungeon and raid grind, which you obviously would do in 100h of gameplay?

Even if you just disregard every argument I made, aka buying power, leaving zones dead, skipping current content and so on, a level 58 boost invites all the bots. Not just some of the bots, all of the bots, to be able to participate in current content. Point being:

[quote=“Scripton-bloodfang, post:37, topic:301830, full:true”]
Buying gold from the chinese have direct influence over other players… not the boost…
[/quote]

So what if the level cap is 70. I will say it once again. Are you against having a cash gear shop in the game? Yes? Why? It’s only paying to skip the grinding of dungeons and raids.
A level 58 boost does give you a massive advantage, it gives you character far more powerful than level 1, which the game starts from. You can make that argument when Death Knights are introduced. Currently lvl 58 boost is P2W.

2 Likes

Oh look it is this thread again. Thought they died out.

99% of players doesnt care. Same with the mount.

2 Likes

Well, you can only buy a boost once.
Another point is that a lot of people already leveled their alts in classic.

How is it killing something that is already dead?

Go play private if you don’t like it, it’s as simple as that.

That would mean that leveling is pay2win aswell because when i level to 58 by hand someone that just starts out is at an disadvantage aswell

Hell me paying with gold for any ingame service is pay2win aswell heck doing group content is then pay2win because someone that plays solo is at an disadvantage… The example you are giving is kinda weird and not at all showing evidence of it being pay2win…

1 Like

Umm, when you lvl yourself, oe buy stuff for your gold, you invested ti.e into the game, this is quite nibrainer rrally.
If you bought boost you only invested money

1 Like

What would you consider p2w? If you could buy honor gear for money, would it be p2w?

You also get gold so basically you p2w buying gold for money and get a non important bonus instant lvl 58.

pay2win is a concept where you literally don’t put any effort in ‘game-play’ YET you get your character maxed with end game gear by finding a way to buy that.
“in wow atm anyone can buy leveling(shop boost & power level dungeon for gold/money, buy arena boosts/arena teams, buy raid gear(GKDP), literally u can buy anything for $$$ since gold can be bought for real money! So in a simple words? you can obtain best gear with $$$ & that give you advantage over real players that have to put insane amount of time+effort to reach your stats So it’s P2w game.

Edit: if blizzard decided to sell gold/raid items/arena items in Shop? that won’t change anything because there are already tons of people buying gold from 3rd party service & buying arena boosts/raid items in TBCC.

1 Like

I don’t even think these people who shout “IT’S P2W” even know it’s once per Warcraft account, all they see is “BOOST BEING SOLD”. Most people didn’t boost a level 1 anyway, I’ve asked around ingame and the usual level I got was mid 20s.

25g, yeah that’s gonna affect it as you need to pay 100g to get decent gear to play TBC decently at 58.

1 Like

It has already killed Classic. It’s over. Retail babies cried and ‘won’ (not really, but they along with Actiblizz destroyed the game once again).

6 Likes

It’s not killing it. That would indicate present tense. It’s already killed it, which is why servers are a wilderness of raid logging already, even at this early stage.

The blame is 50/50. 50% Actiblizzard’s fault for their utter greed and indifference to the quality of their own games, 50% player-base’s fault for bringing their retail mindset over the Classic and allowing it to fester.

6 Likes

90% players disgusted by boosts, same with the mount. No wonder, only the weak buy it because they are not able to level their toon. P2W for weaklings and cowards. Youre one of these, i guess. Well, contempt worthy…

3 Likes

They pay for their inability to level their character to 58lvl. Quite embarrassing, by right they are the target of contempt. P2W that ruined the whole idea of classic. I mean, who is playing from the beginning can simply feel the difference. The Vanilla Classic was fine, thats how it ment to be. Until… the boosts. Thats gonna be the point when you say after years - thats when all went down. Sad story, Blizzard messed it up again.

2 Likes

Lets not put “majority” here, we dont know what is majority thinking. I get it that you want to support your argument by using “majority” card, but lets just be real - noone knows what majority thinks.
What we know is that some players dont support boost, nothing else.

I’m level 70, rapidly approaching full T4 BIS.

Its unclear to me how someone buying a level 58 boost is “winning”. Its unclear why it impacts me at all. At this stage Blizzard could sell level 70s with full Dungeon gear and it would not matter.

I don’t think they see it as winning, just that someone can skip something they did by paying. I do think selling a level 70 boost would matter.