The mystery of 8.2.5

The Next Battle for Azeroth Content Update Goes Live September 24! ©

First time new content without full spoilers about it before w00t!

1 Like

And that could last a few weeks more, if the new stuff is time-gated…

Yeah, that’s my worry as well.

Probably but the data miners will be right on it either way. I assume Blizzard know this so might not even bother with timegating it, will have to see.

Can they even do that? Cause they were not able to datamine from the test realm. But I’m not sure how it works so you could be right.

Could be a few reasons for that, like I don’t believe the encryption is so powerful now that none can crack it. There are a lot of bored people out there with a lot of time on their hands, lol.

Have to admit though, the way they are doing this has people on the edge of their seats. One of the fan bases are about to have their hopes shattered and they know it.

(Plot twist: It’s everyone)

That is hardly a twist. We all saw it coming. The writers must have an absolutely insane plan to please everybody. But more likely Horde and Alliance fans will be very pissed.

Aaah but you see, they have finally reached their goal of being as good as GoT!..The last season granted but still.

I don’t know how it is even possible for them to write out of this mess but we’ll find out very soon.

Not to start the same discussion as in the other thread but didn’t they say they did not expect such a big reaction to Teldrassil? Might be they thought the Alliance fans would be more forgiving towards the Horde. Or maybe not. Who knows what their ideas behind this whole war are.

I am sure gnome fans will be happy with the 6min cinematic that is obviously all about Mekkatorque.

1 Like

First piece of lore gnomes receive in a decade is Mekkatorque just unveiling a literal nuke and testing it on Razor Hill.

Nah let’s leave that where it is, also mini rant incoming.

Yes they have outright underestimated peoples reactions but that is entirely down to them seemingly being completely out of touch with basic human emotions.

I mean they literally spent God knows how much money on TV adverts and the likes trying to convince us that BFA was going to be one big morally grey war where people can be proud of their factions, yet instead they offer this nonsense and look shocked when it is taken badly. They somehow didn’t think that casually throwing a genocide into the mix and uprooting two of the most played races (nelf and forsaken) out of their homes was going to bite them in the rear.

They genuinely seem to think that telling a story is all about sudden shocks and that may be true for a 20-30 minute TV episode a week but definitely not a game.

The dev team of Blizzard have been taken over by soulless robots, I am convinced of that now.

2 Likes

They are just incredibly out of touch. Hell their entire cooperate policy is to “leave all the negativity outside”. Of course you wont connect to the playerbase if you ignore all the negative aspects.
They are simply blind. They live in their little Blizzard HQ bubble and are unable to step outside to see the entire picture.

3 Likes

I do think that this is one of the huge issues. They’re trying to add formulas from big shows like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad etc., but that leads them into needing the faction leaders as vehicles while also pushing out episodic updates months apart.

They’re trying to emulate a format that’s incompatible because they’re both ignoring the player characters (not the “player character” as an individual, but all other adventurers around you) and they also don’t release new episodes weekly, so discontent and speculation goes on for months and sometimes years while it rots and festers.

In the end all we have left is to fight each other in the forums over minutiae or the smallest piece of quest text because content is too erratic for the stakes and emotion they want to put on it.

3 Likes

I mean, trying to be as fair as possible here, I can understand why Blizzard turned away from the forums when it seemed that 90% of it was negative and nonconstructive.

The problem is their solution is to now hide on twitter where they can block people that don’t kiss their feet all day. Head completely in the sand and that is why we got BFA and all its problems, not just the lore.

I get them avoiding the European forums but at least the US Story forum appears to be a lot more civilized.
But well that is not an excuse really. They have people who get paid to sort through all this stuff. Sadly it seems to be a trend in game development to just cut off the negative voices.

1 Like

I’m going to sound like a shill here for a moment but you can easily tell the difference in quality between Classic story telling and BFA.

Like you can tell Classic was a bunch of young nerds getting together and basically throwing their big wacky D&D campaign out there in MMO format. It wasn’t perfect don’t get me wrong but it was enjoyable for what it was.

BFA just seems like a boring attempt to emulate whatever seems popular in other media right now. You can tell the current writers don’t really have passion for the world, only their favourite characters that they have self inserted themselves into.

How do you fix a problem like that at this late stage though? I genuinely have no idea.

2 Likes

Maybe if this forum would tone down the anti-human hate, Blizzard might return one day.

That’s why I’m sticking to Classic for now. I just have this vast world to do stuff with and it encourages me to team up with my friends and fill in the gaps. It’s more about the adventurers having adventures, and less about these setpiece geopolitical conflicts and big shockers. Both things shouldn’t be incompatible, so hopefully the interest in Classic makes Blizz sit down and think about the future.

… Blizz, we’ve had enough leaders, just flesh out your world.

anduin is a genius

But we all love you!